Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    The restriction is based on when the timesheet becomes available to me. Saturdays are only available the day before, but I don't really want to play Saturdays anyway, since it would set me back over $50.
    Ah ok, I can view and book on it 14 days in advance for Saturdays. I'll probably play a bit of both, won't be there every weekend anyway.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    i know what you are saying but Thats nothing at all like I described, but rather the opposite. Reciprocation benefits are a different ketle of fish.
    Some do it this way....

Comp Visitors - Outside FNQ $45.00 $25.00 Must be playing members of physical golf clubs.
    Comp Visitors - Social/Online Gold Clubs $65.00 $35.00 This includes 'Silver' memberships, online golf clubs, social golf clubs and Golf Club Members who never play at their 'Home Club'. Please support Local Golf Clubs!

Senior Member Major Winner

i know what you are saying but Thats nothing at all like I described, but rather the opposite. Reciprocation benefits are a different ketle of fish.
    Who mentioned recips?

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by MAZA68 View Post
    This includes 'Silver' memberships, online golf clubs, social golf clubs and Golf Club Members who never play at their 'Home Club'. Please support Local Golf Clubs!
    I can also choose to support another club that isn't going to charge me extra because of the membership type I have.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Who mentioned recips?
    Me mentioned both types, formal reciprocal agreements and the general reciprocation that most golf clubs offer visiting members.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I can also choose to support another club that isn't going to charge me extra because of the membership type I have.
    You have this ass about. They discount greenfees for full members of other clubs ...

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    You have this ass about. They discount greenfees for full members of other clubs ...
    However you want to word it the result is the same. And how does a golf club know your membership category from your golflink number?

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I did the sums on our PAYG membership option and found it very generous in comparison to a 7 or 5 Day Membership. Cost wise it is cheaper up to 60 rounds p.a. on 7 day and 45 rounds for 5 day.

A typical "cheap" Membership like Howlong ($150 pa plus Green and comp fees) is actually more expensive per round (40 rounds pa or more) than any of our Membership options. And only marginally cheaper than PAYG up to about 7 rounds pa. then falls behind steadily as rounds increase.
    Last edited by Daves; 16th July 2020 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I did the sums on our PAYG membership option and found it very generous in comparison to a 7 or 5 Day Membership. Cost wise it is cheaper up to 60 rounds p.a. on 7 day and 45 rounds for 5 day.A typical "cheap" Membership like Howlong ($150 pa plus Green and comp fees) is actually more expensive per round (40 rounds pa or more) than any of our Membership options. And only marginally cheaper than PAYG up to about 7 rounds pa. then falls behind steadily as rounds increase.
    How much money does the club bring in if the Howlong member plays 3 rounds there against playing no rounds there?

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

However you want to word it the result is the same. And how does a golf club know your membership category from your golflink number?
    They can tell from the first five numbers, what club it is, but they would have had to have noted which clubs they are "not applying the discount" to.
    When I go to Gailes, they know that I am not a standard member from the last five digits, well, it is probably just the sixth digit, which is a 2. I doubt any other club could tell though.

I did the sums on our PAYG membership option and found it very generous in comparison to a 7 or 5 Day Membership. Cost wise it is cheaper up to 60 rounds p.a. on 7 day and 45 rounds for 5 day.

A typical "cheap" Membership like Howlong ($150 pa plus Green and comp fees) is actually more expensive per round (40 rounds pa or more) than any of our Membership options. And only marginally cheaper than PAYG up to about 7 rounds pa. then falls behind steadily as rounds increase.
    Based on playing at the same course every week, which isn't something that I have ever really done, except when I was at Wolston Park.

I don't have a membership again at the moment. My Gailes renewal came up about 6 weeks ago, and I haven't decided whether to go back to SGA or stay with Gailes. They probably won't start again the membership year from when I pay either.

Yes the result is the same for the amount to pay. Howerver thats not the point, it is still a discount entitlement not a surcharge.Many clubs obviously dont care, but those that do will ask for the Membership card, which will show your membership category.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

How much money does the club bring in if the Howlong member plays 3 rounds there against playing no rounds there?
    At the moment Visitors can't get a comp round on most days anyway, so the answer at present is Nil. What is the relevancy to my analysis? Under the fee structure I used the PAYG member would pay half the green fee of the Howlong member, if that answers your query.

Seen a few clubs price PAYG at about the same, so very much suits the one day a week golfer. Many also categorize these as full members too ( voting right, hpnour boards etc)
    --
    Handy-Cap

At the moment Visitors can't get a comp round on most days anyway, so the answer at present is Nil. What is the relevancy to my analysis? Under the fee structure I used the PAYG member would pay half the green fee of the Howlong member, if that answers your query.
    That makes sense but it’s a different situation. In this case there is a discount on offer to the golfer who already pays money to Reddy Bay rather than Howlong. I’m talking about giving the same discount to someone at Reddy Bay because they pay money to Carbrook but not the golfer who pays Howlong. That’s the part which seems silly to me.

Seen a few clubs price PAYG at about the same, so very much suits the one day a week golfer. Many also categorize these as full members too ( voting right, hpnour boards etc)
    Neither is included in the Reddie Bay PAYG option.

On my travels and playing at different courses, most have offered a reduced fee by being a member of another course, sometimes in a comp but not always. None have asked for the type of membership.

but not the golfer who pays Howlong. That’s the part which seems silly to me.
    Seems you understand it, but just dont like it. Golf clubs in AU have a long tradition of welcoming visitors. Someone who lives in Brisbane, but is a member of Howlong isnt a genuine visitor, and clubs are quite rightly not giving concessions and thats reasonable.
    --
    Handy-Cap

Seems you understand it, but just dont like it. Golf clubs in AU have a long tradition of welcoming visitors. Someone who lives in Brisbane, but is a member of Howlong isnt a genuine visitor, and clubs are quite rightly not giving concessions and thats reasonable.
    Reasonable? It’s old-fashioned pretentious wankery supported by old-fashioned pretentious wankers. Nothing more.

Blog Entries

Communist.

Nothing more.
    Thats unconstitutional
    --
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

So naturally at the Leon day, before even playing the bug was coming back (big time after the game). I decided to have a chat to the pro, and then the golf operations manager (who both know me) about me playing in some comps there with a handicap maintenance type membership from somewhere like Gailes. I explained what the membership was and that it was not as a playing member. And that I've been a member of the club twice one the last 10 years and still have flagged rounds from 2008, so that I wouldn't be playing that often. The pro had no issues but wasnt sure what I would be charged (I mentioned I'd be happy playing social fee plus comp fee). I then went to the operations manager to run it past him, going through all this with him. He also had no issues with me playing and said the fee would be the visitors plus comp which would be $37. I said I was only interested in open days, and only Sundays (only want to get out for a hit, don't care when). He said we would probably ask questions if I was playing 24 games a year; considering I couldn't manage 10 a year when a full playing member, should be know issues.
    I'm going to go out and do the same thing at middle ridge GC, chat to both. I figure split my handful of games between both clubs is the way to not take advantage of either club.
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Both clubs will be winning, getting an extra green fee and a comp fee.
    Don't see why a club/members would complain about that, unless you scope the prize pool all the time.

We won't have to worry about that!
    Ping G10 Project X S
    TM V-Steel 16.5* w Speeder 57s at 3 wood length
    Ping G10 21* Hybrid Reg
    Ping i3+ 4-W CS Lite S
    Ping Tour 54* and 60* (ground) CS Lite S
    SC Pro Platinum Mid Sur Counterbalanced
    Ping Hoofer Vantage
    NB 574 Greens (yes, no more Crocs)
    Golflucky

Enjoy

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Depends on the cost of membership. 24 games @ $37 is $888. Is half a year of golf less than half a membership? If a full membership is $2k or more than probably.
    Unless a club has a full book of members they should be offering options for people who can't play all the time anyway!

Thread Information