Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
    Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Default Courses between Gold Coast and Sydney

Hi guys,

Looking at planning a buck weekend in August.

Three groups of mates, Gold Coast - Sydney and Melbourne. Guys in Melb will probably fly but looking for somewhere QLD and NSW guys can drive too for a weekend of golf.

Immediately thought Bonville, but website says its still closed and ive emailed twice with no reply.

Any other thoughts, thanks in advance!

Travis

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Coffs Harbour/Sawtell
    Cant really fly anywhere else that is close enough to drive to from Sydney and Brisbane.

It would be smarter to host this in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Coffs Harbour/SawtellCant really fly anywhere else that is close enough to drive to from Sydney and Brisbane.It would be smarter to host this in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne.
    Save money and play in Melbourne. People only need one way tickets.
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Yeah, August is looking a bit close with the situation in Melbourne.

What about Yamba? I've only played the first couple of holes at Maclean Golf Club (got washed out) but it looked reasonable. Good fishing too if that's your thing. Might not be that convenient to get to though - can you fly Melbourne to Grafton?

Google will know that about flights. As far as i know, Yamba is apparently an awesome spot for a weekend.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Fly to Coffs if you all can, then there is Yamba/Mclean - both good tracks. Coffs has 36 Holes or south there is Sawtell and Nambucca. North and South course are within an hours drive of Coffs. Both McLean and Nambucca are good courses.

Great thanks fellas!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Presume its a weekend trip so ignore anyone who is suggesting a capital city, courses are chockers and many (the better ones) aren't doing visitors, lets be honest I would rather slam my dick in a car door than play in the Vegas.

The answer is Bonville/Coffs but if it isn't available maybe around Newcastle/Port Stephens if you can get course access, Melb boys are maybe able to fly direct.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Right now, you can make some tentative plans, but that's all. A lot can change in two months, but right now golf trips aren't happening.

Many (most?) courses aren't accepting groups of visitors from anywhere, let alone so-called virus states. August is still winter time, with not much sunlight, so it won't be easy to find a non-resort course that can fit you in on a Saturday anyway. If you were even contemplating Ballina as an option, coupled with Byron and/or Ocean Shores, we couldn't fit you in on Saturdays. My understanding is that those two courses are pretty full on Saturdays as well. Literally, more local people are playing golf as a result of covid19.

Realistically, even if things open up a bit, two of your three groups might be flying anyway to somewhere like the Gold Coast, Central Coast/Port Stephens or the Murray River.

In an ideal world you would try for Bonville on Saturday, Coffs Harbour Sunday and the other local courses for extra games, but our world is anything but ideal right now. Sadly, while politicians and more timid members of the public are living in fear again, the restrictions might be in place until August anyway.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Not sure if we are getting on the basis that we have been going for 20 plus years but our group will be at Bonville, 13/8-16/8.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Not sure if we are getting on the basis that we have been going for 20 plus years but our group will be at Bonville, 13/8-16/8.
    This is promising, maybe the course will be open by then?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

The third nine at Coffs GC is comfortably the best golf on the property. 1-9 is pretty poor and 10-18 has its moments.

Quote Originally Posted by 8081travis View Post
    This is promising, maybe the course will be open by then?
    My mate is organising, the course will be open, I'm only going to catch up with mates I don't often get to see. For mine @$115 per round the course is overpriced and don't get me started on the accom which is 2 star with a 4 star price.

My mate is organising, the course will be open, I'm only going to catch up with mates I don't often get to see. For mine @$115 per round the course is overpriced and don't get me started on the accom which is 2 star with a 4 star price.
    Great news!

Emailed to me this morning.

Covid-19 Government Regulations forced the temporary closure of our business in April. We are extremely excited to announce that Bonville Golf Resort will re-open to visitation on Friday, July 31st

The past few months have given us the opportunity to ensure that the product you have grown to know and love continues to surpass your expectations.

Due to ongoing government social distancing regulations and so as to ensure the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we have revised our offerings to limit the amount of people on site at any one time and to further enhance your Bonville Experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Coffs Coast.

Sincerely,

Brad Daymond

i just saw some announcment the other day that an airline is opening up flights into one of the towns up that way.
    cant remember if it was coffs or ballina or whatever. but thinks obviously looking up.

Google Flights search is your friend.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Emailed to me this morning.

Covid-19 Government Regulations forced the temporary closure of our business in April. We are extremely excited to announce that Bonville Golf Resort will re-open to visitation on Friday, July 31st

The past few months have given us the opportunity to ensure that the product you have grown to know and love continues to surpass your expectations.

Due to ongoing government social distancing regulations and so as to ensure the safety and comfort of all of our guests, we have revised our offerings to limit the amount of people on site at any one time and to further enhance your Bonville Experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Coffs Coast.

Sincerely,

Brad Daymond

Do they have 1 person per cart? Might have to give a discount if so.

Thread Information