I recently picked up a Mizuno St190G driver without demoing it first (as I love the 3 wood). However, I’ll be buggered if I can find the centre of the clubface with it. I hit it low on the face about 80% of the time. Frustrating, as it is as long and forgiving as anything out there, but not when you hit it off the bottom consistently ...

I tried teeing it higher (and nearly missed it altogether!) and lower, as well as moving it forward and back in the stance. All of which pretty much made no difference to strike at all. Its actually screwing up with my swing as I try to counteract this problem, but I can’t work out what to do. I am currently playing it at 7 degrees in order to bring the spin down a bit.

The biggest difference I can work out is that it has a longer shaft than normal (for me), but gripping down the shaft an inch didn’t seem to help either.

Any suggestions? I was going to do a test against a Cobra F9, but at the moment there is literally no point as it isn’t going much further than my 3-wood (except for the rare one that I do middle, which bombs it out there).