Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default WDYSTM - June 2020

Had a rare mid week hit today at the Royal Nudgee

29 points (11/18 ). Really struggling the last few rounds to get points early. Need to get my head in the game earlier.... or maybe have 9 holes elsewhere to warm up!

Got round in 3 hrs 26 mins.

Cracking day for it. Started out with morning fog and getting up to a wintery 26 degrees. Love Brisbane!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Thanks for ruining my WDYSTM thread starting streak, Shaz.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Nice smooth 37 points at old stomping ground (The Hills). Still great layout that is poorly maintained

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Thanks for ruining my WDYSTM thread starting streak, Shaz.
    You’re welcome!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Had a semi rough start forgetting how to swing my driver. Recovered after 3rd hole.
    Putting better but still missed some easy putts.
    Few bad decisions on the course cost me a few strokes.
    33 points off 11 (86/75)

Gees, I was hoping to spoil AP's thread starting streak, but I was way off.

My golf was way off today, too. 29 points, and only lots of good chipping got me to that. I switched after 13 holes from my fade swing (which has been working well, but not today) to my draw swing, which also didn't work, apart from a thinned 9 iron to 4 feet, which I missed. Typical of my day.

Unfortunately for me, our practice facilities are closed for social distancing reasons, so I'm just going to have to fix the problem on the course, if I can.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I really did consider taking today off to play golf and be able to start this thread, but opted for Wednesday, thinking that I would still be a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Gees, I was hoping to spoil AP's thread starting but I was way off.
    You snooze you lose. I teed off at 6:30. Finished in 3 hrs 26 mins and home by 10:30. Probably before you even teed off!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Finally played somewhere that wasn't the home course.

Mt Broughton, a course that kills me.

Started with a fairway, green, tap in par.
    Finished with a fairway, green, tap in par.

There were no other highlights.

I won 0 skins in our 3 man game and have now gone 3 rounds without a 3 pointer.

Golf is hard.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Finally played somewhere that wasn't the home course.

Mt Broughton, a course that kills me.

Started with a fairway, green, tap in par.
    Finished with a fairway, green, tap in par.

There were no other highlights.

I won 0 skins in our 3 man game and have now gone 3 rounds without a 3 pointer.

Golf is hard.
    I enjoyed Mt Broughton. Rough was super thick when I was there

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Shreko View Post
    I enjoyed Mt Broughton. Rough was super thick when I was there Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk
    They have cut a lot of the rough down, but I couldn't get off the tee. Missed the 3rd OOB right, then missed left various holes and couldn't get the ball off the ground.And once it hit the rough it was gone I lost 7 balls today.I found 15.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    They have cut a lot of the rough down, but I couldn't get off the tee. Missed the 3rd OOB right, then missed left various holes and couldn't get the ball off the ground.And once it hit the rough it was gone I lost 7 balls today.I found 15.
    Ouch. That's heavy rough. Still nice course to play

I've had a little purple patch of form recently, but it is officially over. 30 points for me today.

I actually didn't play too badly, and hit lots of good shots. But I hit three bad ones, a number of bad putts and a number of fairly good putts that didn't go in. One of those days.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

03/06/2020, Gailes GC, Stableford.

Stats: 5/15 fairways, 3/18 greens, 29 putts.
    Score: bPPPXBXXP PBBPPXPBB; 43-43-86 (+6:+7=+13); 16:15=31pts.

One under for the first four holes disguised the fact that I still wasn't hitting it that well. Three double bogeys in the following four holes more than compensated for that.

Driving is still inconsistent; just when I think I've got a good swing going with it, it disappears.

Approach shots still stink in general; the problem is how much they are missing by. I hit only three good full swings with the irons all round, and unfortunately only one of those was on the green; the other two missed because I was having to account for a bad shot, and manage a miss to the best position. I did get up and down on the other two though.

Around and on the greens was much better today. I'm keeping it simple by aiming to get the ball rolling as soon as possible, which means I've used an 8 iron around the green a few times with success. After leaving the practice putting green, my confidence with the putter was down, as I just couldn't get a feel for the distance, but once out there I was pretty much spot on with distance all day. Maybe rolling a putt down a tier for bird on the first was a confidence booster. I just need to get the ball closer to the greens in the first place to give myself a chance, and not in the bunkers or further like I seem to be.

The 15th was an interesting hole. After coming off two good up and down pars, I pulled my driver left OOB or lost. I hit driver again off the tee, and then with 210m to the pin, I hit driver yet again, this time off the deck. It was a beauty. It came out low and turning right, but I had allowed for this, and it ran onto the front of the green up to the back right where the pin was. I left the putt just short of the heart, but was happy with a second ball par and a point on the hardest hole on the course.

Next round: I am thinking of playing in the Saturday comp at McLeod or Wolston Park, before my regular social 9 at Jindalee on Sunday, then that will be it for a little while unfortunately.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Took a couple hours off before work to play 18 with Courty.

Single Stableford, first group off the 10th in 2:45

Dodgy start going bogey, double from the gun but steadied the ship with a tap-in birdie on 13.

Steady from there turning in +3.

Another birdie and a couple of bogies with a solid par on the last to finish +4 (36pts)

While I’m on the lowest HC ever I’m working hard to get into the 3’s.

Some stats.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Took a couple hours off before work to play 18 with Courty. Single Stableford, first group off the 10th in 2:45Dodgy start going bogey, double from the gun but steadied the ship with a tap-in birdie on 13. Steady from there turning in +3. Another birdie and a couple of bogies with a solid par on the last to finish +4 (36pts)While I’m on the lowest HC ever I’m working hard to get into the 3’s. Some stats.
    Nice one.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

How do you find the golfmetrics app? Do you track shots/distances in another app then enter them later, or do you enter them as you go?

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    How do you find the golfmetrics app? Do you track shots/distances in another app then enter them later, or do you enter them as you go?
    This is the second time I’ve used it, I rate it and I think I get a lot out of it. I do it as I go.

Really shows me where I should focus my practice because I dont have a lot of time to devote to it.

It’s shown that even though currently I feel I haven’t been driving the ball particularly well, the SG for that part of my game has been solid for at least the last few months.

My biggest gains to be had are putts and tidying up my short game inside 20m

If you look at the SG for my rounds since March this year you’ll see what I mean.

To put it in perspective I’m off 4.2 at the moment.

Monthly Medal

2 birdies no bogeys on the front for -2
    3 bogies on the back for +3 including one on the last which really irked me.

73(69) +1

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Monthly medal

Net 83 (13 over)
    really solid first 5 holes then the wheels fell off hard. My chipping turned to custard and the ballstriking wasn't far behind. One positive was monstering a drive on a par five to a point I've not been before (in 1 shot).
    I found it really hard to keep my head in the game with a really slow and stop-start back 9.

Monthly Medal

2 birdies no bogeys on the front for -2
    3 bogies on the back for +3 including one on the last which really irked me.

73(69) +1
    On Fire!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Monthly Medal2 birdies no bogeys on the front for -23 bogies on the back for +3 including one on the last which really irked me. 73(69) +1
    Well done, Bushy. Awesome.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Monthly Medal with Bushy this morning.

I birdied the last 2 holes for 75/71. Made some great putts today, starting to get a feel for the greens now that they're firm & fast again.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

MM today.I was 8 over after 3 holes.Finished 84/77.Played some great golf after the first 3 holes.
    5 birdie opportunities,zero made.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thread Information