Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Monthly Medal with Bushy this morning.I birdied the last 2 holes for 75/71. Made some great putts today, starting to get a feel for the greens now that they're firm & fast again.
    Good one, Courty.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Well done, Bushy. Awesome.
    Thx mate.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Monthly Medal

2 birdies no bogeys on the front for -2
    3 bogies on the back for +3 including one on the last which really irked me.

73(69) +1
    Well played Bushy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Well played Bushy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Champ!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Monthly Medal with Bushy this morning.I birdied the last 2 holes for 75/71. Made some great putts today, starting to get a feel for the greens now that they're firm & fast again.
    Nice one, but what's it like playing in Bushy's shadow?

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Monthly medal at Leeton today. Course is in the best condition I have seen it.

The like around the greens was shaved short, and the greens were firmer and faster than normal

Started with a triple then double to be out of handicap by the 5th tee.

Couldn't make any putts until I worked out they didn't break until the ball slowed.

44/40, 84 nett 78.

Best bit was playing with the father in law for the first time, who took up golf in January aged 71. It was his first ever stroke round off the tips. Nett 89 meant he didn't come last so he was happy.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Another day.... Another game
    Didn't start the round well with my driver going wild for the first 3 holes. Had 5 points after 6 holes.
    After that it was just bad decisions on holes I have strokes and making bogeys on holes I don't have strokes.
    12/15 for grand total of 27 points

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

32 points at Richmond this morning. Nothing spectacular...no 3 pointers, but holed a few decent length putts that kept things respectable.

I've found a good putting setup/routine that seems to be working well enough...just need to find something for the other 13 clubs.

07/06/2020, Jindalee GC, Social Nine.

Stats: 3/6 fairways, 3/9 greens, 15 putts.
    Score: XBPPPBbBP; 40 (+7).

A quintuple bogey nine on the first hole with two lost balls that I wouldn't have expected to be lost. What a shitty start!

From that point on scoring was pretty solid. My approach shots still sucked in general, but I made consistent contact with the ball to get it somewhere around the green, which gave me a chance at scoring par. I did miss a couple of very gettable putts though.

Next round: I have hip surgery on Wednesday, so I don't know when the next round will be. Hopefully not too long before I can play again.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    07/06/2020, Jindalee GC, Social Nine.

Stats: 3/6 fairways, 3/9 greens, 15 putts.
    Score: XBPPPBbBP; 40 (+7).

A quintuple bogey nine on the first hole with two lost balls that I wouldn't have expected to be lost. What a shitty start!

From that point on scoring was pretty solid. My approach shots still sucked in general, but I made consistent contact with the ball to get it somewhere around the green, which gave me a chance at scoring par. I did miss a couple of very gettable putts though.

Next round: I have hip surgery on Wednesday, so I don't know when the next round will be. Hopefully not too long before I can play again.
    Good grinding Andy, best of luck on your op this week. I definitely have high hopes for you.

35 (15/20) around Mooroopna this morning.
    Course changes and conditions were excellent

Senior Member Major Winner

First round for 3 months today. 28 points which is about where it was before the break.

I’m a big fan of the miscore app too.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Good grinding Andy, best of luck on your op this week. I definitely have high hopes for you.
    I used to always have to grind, then got spoilt with a few years of good ball striking. Maybe the op will loosen up some muscles and change my swing a little for the better too. Thanks for the well wishes.

A bit better today. Was a wet and stormy start in the morning which made it interesting.
    Took out the tourstage irons for a spin. Deadly straight but took me a fair few holes to realise they were 1 club shorter than the JPX919forged.
    Struggled with my par 3s and a couple of stupid mistakes lead to 4 blown holes. Atleast I'm making pars when GIR

Putting is good after making some adjustment to my posture and set up routine. No stupid misses or 3 putts today

Ended day with 30 points at 44/45

Use the Kirkland ball again okitoki?

Yeah used it today.
    But I'm thinking I might be getting extra spin off the driver? Seem to ballon a little bit even on solid middle of the face strike (I'm about 2* upright) Carry distance roughly 200 to 210 but not much roll after based on plug marks on the fairway

One particular bad shot went only 170m with a low fade.

Love the spin on the greens though. On a par 5 I was about 130M from the green and it has a raised front so would normally stop an 8i. So used the 7i with a shorten grip and 3/4 swing for a lower direct shot at the green. Went as plan, hit the green at a low angle and pretty much stop after 1 hop. Normally it would run to back of green. Using more of the 56 for green side chips when I normally use a 60 to flop it because my ball doesn't check the green.

Putting was really good with it after getting used to the softer feel.

After 2 rounds of chopping and hitting a few trees... the condition of the surface is still pretty good. Better than the Vice Tour.

Will see if it last through round3 before I loose it.

Only down side is it's not bright white. It seem to have a slight off white yellow and from a distance it looks like a slightly old ball

That's interesting, the ones I have are very write, to the point of looking a bit "cheap.

I definitely get a bit more spin with driver though. I've been using z stars but am going to give these another go tomorrow.

I'm not a big spin player but on the last hole was 110 from pin with a slight front right to left wind. Felt like a thin to near skull PW shot. It still went high draw and landed on green and a spun back slightly.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I had a 'result' round today, for a very pleasing 37 points. I get to ask the eternal question after todays round, and share a few stats.

The question is: would you prefer to hit the ball not so good but score well, or stripe it and not score so well?

I deadset chopped it early, and was lucky to only be two over after 5, and from there I had 11 pars and 2 bogeys, both from 3putts. I didn't strike the ball well most of the day apart from some good 3 woods late, but I had a magic short game going. 6 of 6 up and down success, and 2 of 2 sand saves. I was better from off the green than I was when on it.

The other thing to mention is how cold it was. I had to shake the dust off a jumper and wear it today. So much for the perfect winter climate we are supposed to enjoy.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    The question is: would you prefer to hit the ball not so good but score well, or stripe it and not score so well?
    Scoring well for me. Striping it and scoring badly means that the putting has gone bad, and that would do my head in.

Senior Member Major Winner

OzGolf S.A round at the Patawolunga today.
    Was either really good or very loose off the Tee and failed to make much use of the good ones. Short game was very ordinary struggling to makeup for missing the green.
    Didn’t need a second hand to count the number of pars. Made 1 chip in birdie and more doubles than bogeys.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 8th June 2020 at 08:38 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Went 50/42 at the Pat yesterday after a 9 on the first hole. 6 pars, 8 bogeys, 4 others. Short game was decent but long game inconsistent. I am seeing some signs of improvement however.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I have had 5 rounds in a row that my score varied by 1 shot. All 34 or 35 points. I am predicting this bubble will burst in a big way next saturday.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Member Trainee Pro

Played Belconnen Magpies today off the blues in beautiful weather. Our 4 ball quickly dropped to a 2 with 2 guys pulling out leaving me with a chap off 29. No dramas there as I'll gladly play with anyone. The problems arose when he had his 7th beer by the turn and proved himself to be quite racist to black people and felt the BLM protests were a load of BS.never the less I got the round finished, and he has found his way into my black book of people to avoid at all costs in the future. The round went:
    🐤BPB❌BP🐤B 19 points
    PBBDPDDPB 16 points

Reverted back to a blade putter as the greens are super fast at belconnen and I have been knocking the mallet miles past of late. Hit the ball solid through 18 and dropped my shots in the short game as usual. 35 points off 12 HC was not to bad and hopefully something to build on in the coming weeks. Incidentally the club are building a putting practice green in the coming weeks which is sorely lacking. I need do do a lot of grinding inside 6 feet to give some confidence.
    Happiness is a long walk with a putter.

Member Monthly medal winner

1 over for 39 points yesterday, did not strike the ball all that well but with only 26 putts and 9 out of 9 up and downs pretty good round.

Thread Information