Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The match 2

Default The match 2

Can anyone post a link for me with a livestream?

Thanks in advance!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Try Periscope, someone will have a stream.

Its genuinely entertaining

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Member Trainee Pro

I cant find anything, most of the sites look dodgy asking for a free account and a piece of your soul.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Livenewsnet.eu/intl/
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Its on Foxtel CNN 607, if that is any help.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I wanted to hate this but goddam it, this might be the best golf I’ve seen since the Ryder cup at Medinah.Note: I mean the viewing experience, not the quality of the golf, some of the actual golf has sucked obviously.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I wanted to hate this but goddam it, this might be the best golf I’ve seen since the Ryder cup at Medinah.Note: I mean the viewing experience, not the quality of the golf, some of the actual golf has sucked obviously.
    Watching the replay, 1 hole in and it’s beaten most if not all PGA tour events since the 2019 Masters... We need, no DEMAND more of this kind of entertainment!!! The people have spoken!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Watching the replay, 1 hole in and it’s beaten most if not all PGA tour events since the 2019 Masters... We need, no DEMAND more of this kind of entertainment!!! The people have spoken!
    Do we really want exhibition events every week? I enjoyed the novelty of it - Phil was awesome.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

If we had exhibition matches every week, we would be wanting to see tournaments.

Novelties wear off, but i get it, it would be good to see a small number of these events a year, as it shows the players in a different light.

Some of the most enjoyable golf viewing for me was the Pro Celebrity golf show hosted by Peter Allis. Learnt a lot of my golf from the chat by the players.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Do we really want exhibition events every week? I enjoyed the novelty of it - Phil was awesome.
    Not every week, but I wouldn’t say it has to be an exhibition either. You could have proper events like this with players mic’d up or extra microphones around. Tell the players that it’s happening and either put up or shut up. The PGA Tour has to find a way to make their players more interesting.

Listening to players mic’d up, relaxed talking smack and having a bit of a laugh for 2 straight weeks is 1000 times better than listening to douche’s like Adam Hadwin complaining about ‘competing for his livelihood’ with the flagstick in.

Tom Brady telling Barkley “suck on that Chuck” was gold!! That’s what viewers really want, interesting conversations, interesting players, good quality golf on good golf courses. I hope the PGA Tour is really looking hard at what it can take out of these 2 events.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

So, Bushy, what you really want is Shell's Wonderful World of Golf, again.

As viewers on Youtube would know, they made an attempt to bring it back in the 90's, and many of the editions I have seen were quite good. But after a while it stopped again.

Does anybody know why it didn't keep going?

Frankly, I don't want to see celebrities chopping it around (that is actually entertaining and informative for 5 minutes, but no longer than that), but I would watch the stars in matchplay at interesting locations.

Actually, thinking out loud, this might be a way of keeping the matchplay championship going. Schedule 4 players on the Monday after a tournament at a different course in the city, and do it every week. Winners move on until a final at the end of the season. I'd watch it. Would the players want to play it though?
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Are there any replays available on the interwebs? It sounds like it was genuinely worth a watch.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by NewyMitch View Post
    Are there any replays available on the interwebs? It sounds like it was genuinely worth a watch.
    I was pleasantly surprised.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Does anybody know why it didn't keep going?
    The answer to all your questions is money

Thread Information