Front 9 - 3 birdies
    3 × 4points
    Front 9 total - 12 points
    OMG, zero touch with putter or short game

Back 9
    8 × 1 pointers
    1 × 2 pointer

Solid 22 points but Jesus it was nice to be back playing
    You had 3 birdies and 6 wipes in a 9?!?!

Wow.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Member Monthly medal winner

Had my first hit since December after an injury and was pretty wayward off the tee but struck my irons okay and putting was okay as have the puttout mat and thats the only golf ball Ive hit during recovery but 83 off the stick was a pleasant surprise.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyHoges View Post
    You had 3 birdies and 6 wipes in a 9?!?!Wow.
    Yep, three birds, all from inside 6ft. Rest needed multiple brown paper bags

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Crazy round!

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

First round back at Northern yesterday, course is in great shape (albeit a little wet from the rain). Finished with 36 points or 78 off the stick. 19/17 without holing any putts really. Back 9 started with a wipe and had 3 more 1 pointers, so played the other holes quite well, was just one shot on each of those holes that cost me. So nice to be out playing again though, looking forward to another round on Friday.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

We are back in groups of 4, and got round in exactly 4 hours. Which is important, because due to a strange jobkeeper quirk the take away beer room has to close at 3.00pm. A 10.52 tee time meant we were hoping for no hold ups, and fortunately all went smoothly.

My first beer for about 9 weeks went down smoothly too, as I played quite well for 35 points, with missed chances for a better score due to bad putting. We had to shout because the other team could smell the beer and played out of their skins, but I didn't mind.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

29/05/2020, Oxley GC, Stableford.

Stats: 4/14 fairways, 3/18 greens, 32 putts.
    Score: XBBBBXBXP XPPXPBBPP; 46-42-88 (+11:+5=+16); Stab 11-18-29pts.

Another messy round, but I scrambled fairly well late to make sure it wasn't a woeful score like the last one; it helps to get it close enough to the green to give yourself a chance of scrambling.

Driving: Struggling. I'm missing both sides, and I never felt comfortable with it today. I can adjust the settings on it, but I think the user is the problem.
    Approaches: Still really bad, and hitting it fat too often, but unlike last time there were a few glimmers of hope, including a nice one from a fairway bunker.
    Chipping: I'm trying to reduce the ways of hitting chips, so I can at least be good at one way. If I need to run it a bit, I'm experimenting with using an 8 iron instead of wedge. Overall chipping was serviceable today.
    Putting: Couldn't get the speed right early, and hit a few gettable putts too soft, so they would die at the hole. The putter finished well, with 4 one putts in the last five holes, helping to keep a respectable score. I'm also happy to say that I didn't miss anything within 4 feet after hitting hundreds of them at home over the past week; even better is that I wasn't tentative over them at all.

Next round: Social 9 at Jindalee on Sunday. I'm open to offers for somewhere on Wednesday morning.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Cairns Stableford.

76 (36pts off 4) with some in there. Ballstriking has continued to be very solid, one of these days I wont choke.

Will be another flag.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

#flusha

Hitting the irons really well today after doing some drills last night in the garage range.
    The m4 3 hybrid and the G400sft 3 wood have performed very well for me too.
    A couple of easy 1 chip 1 putt situation was not taken. Putting was ok in general. (1 3putts only)
    But the driver was not behaving having many big block shots to the right. Will go back to my G410 tomorrow and see if that helps ( Regular vs stiff flex shafts)

30 points off 10 today.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

29 points of utter tripe.32 won A grade.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

28 points for me.

We have a rule if you score less than 25 you have to buy an ugly shirt from the pro shop and wear it for the next round. 9 points for the first 9 put me under some pressure. Somehow scored 19 points for the second 9 for 28.

3 wipes
    4 doubles
    5 bogies
    6 pars

Shit tonne of putts

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Single Stableford at Half Moon Bay. 35 points with 3 three putts. Started well with 20 points over the first 9 but couldn't hold it together and came home with 15 points. 4 hours and 8 minutes for the round.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Single Stableford at Half Moon Bay. 35 points with 3 three putts. Started well with 20 points over the first 9 but couldn't hold it together and came home with 15 points. 4 hours and 8 minutes for the round.
    Pretty good Dave, how you travelling over there club/ course wise? We’re ‘almost’ back to semblance of normal.

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Pretty good Dave, how you travelling over there club/ course wise? We’re ‘almost’ back to semblance of normal.
    Congrats on the good round today, Bushy. HMB course wise is in great nick at the moment. The club is doing okay and each week seems to get closer to being back to some semblance of normality . There is still that lack of atmosphere with the clubhouse not being open but I'm not complaining. It is what it is. How's things at CGC?

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Congrats on the good round today, Bushy. HMB course wise is in great nick at the moment. The club is doing okay and each week seems to get closer to being back to some semblance of normality . There is still that lack of atmosphere with the clubhouse not being open but I'm not complaining. It is what it is. How's things at CGC?
    Very similar I think but now we’re back to 4’s it’s (at least for us) back to as normal as is going to get.

The place is schmick though, yesterday was the best I’ve seen it in ages.

Very similar I think but now we’re back to 4’s it’s (at least for us) back to as normal as is going to get. The place is schmick though, yesterday was the best I’ve seen it in ages.
    That's good. They've been using this time to try and make a few improvements around HMB. They even took out the tree in the middle of the 18th fairway. I've lost my aiming point!

31/05/2020, Jindalee GC, Social 9 holes.

Stats: 3/6 fairways, 2/9 greens, 18 putts.
    Score: PBBBXBPBP; 41 (+8).

This is getting painful. The drives were okay, but I still can't hit a bloody approach shot, including dunking a ball in the creek 40m short of a green on one par 3. After a good up and down on the first, and a good chip on the second, I thought that I might at least be able to scramble, but instead I couldn't sink a putt from outside a few metres, even with plenty of opportunities.

I'm not sure whether to shut up shop and stop playing golf until I recover from the surgery that I have soon, or play a few more rounds hoping that it turns around.

Next round: Another social 9 at Jindalee next Sunday (so sick of playing here), and still considering Wednesday.

Though day today with constant light to heavy showers. Greens were pretty drenched and fairways were all soggy with no runs.
    Hit the driver and irons pretty good. But had a few shockers with the 3 wood today.
    But the one that killed me was my putting. I think I easily left 10 easy strokes on the greens with plenty of lip outs and missing close putts (3 putts from 1m x3)

18/12 for 30 points again off 10.

Guess I need more practice on my putting.

Cairns Stableford.

76 (36pts off 4) with some in there. Ballstriking has continued to be very solid, one of these days I wont choke.

Will be another flag.
    No flag today. Hard fought 27pts, started really slow I think a little bit tired. Finished off well though.

75/72 in the monthly medal today with 2 doubles due to hitting long into water. Other 16 holes ok.

82/32 points yesterday - was a bit windy, but we got the best of the conditions playing in the morning. Pretty poor score for 10/18 GIRs. Putter cost me, which is strange as I've been putting really well yesterday. Only got up and down for par twice, and had 3 3-putts and a *cough*4 putt*cough*.

Best hole was also my worst hole - OOB drive on the 11th, then hit the pin with a 9 iron for a pretty good bogey 5.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsYourUncle View Post
    ...and a *cough*4 putt*cough*.
    Is there an interesting story behind this, BYU?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Is there an interesting story behind this, BYU?
    No, just a nasty pin placement (very difficult to stop the ball close to the hole), a long first putt, and some bad putting

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Knocked a solid drive down the first, pured a 6 iron to 8 feet, 2 putts for par and 3 points.

That was the highlight.

27 points
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids