SA - 3
    TAS - 2
    WA - 1

100-81 - 4
    80-61 - 10
    60-41 - 6
    40-21 - 10
    20-1 - 8
    In that light, I decided to go full Courty and spreadsheet it. (It also revises my number to 61):
    ACT - 1
    NSW - 14
    QLD - 16 (1 to go)
    SA - 7 (all of them)
    TAS - 4 (all of them)
    VIC - 16
    WA - 3

100-81 - 10
    80-61 - 16
    60-41 - 7
    40-21 - 17
    20-1 - 11

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Prob too high on the list. The conditioning is getting better, but it isn't what it should be for the cost or site.

The new fairway overplanting will reduce the run making it less 'links' like again (along with most of the greens which are raised - no idea why for a links type windswept course you would do this????)

I won't go on further here about ripping it a new one, but regardless, too high at 31.
    Last edited by Matt 3 Jab; 5th April 2020 at 12:55 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Funnily enough, I don't remember the course reviewers visiting here. Must have just missed them somehow.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Funnily enough, I don't remember the course reviewers visiting here. Must have just missed them somehow.
    Where is here?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Stuart, you shouldn’t know. Reviewers are not encouraged to publicise their visits and very much shouldn’t ask for reduced or free green fees. Some raters have been known to abuse the system! I only let 1 course know that I was a rater and that was so I could get on as they wanted visitors to play another one of their courses that day. I had already played that course during the ratings period and my mate who was hosting me pulled the rater card out so that we could all play the designated members course. All up I got to about 27 different courses in the 2 year period.
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

That was a joke - I didn't really expect Armidale to charge into the top 100 list ...

Having said that, I would be interested to know how many of the raters did actually go inland and visit places like Tamworth, Orange, Wagga, Bathurst etc, rather than just focusing on the coastal strip.

I visit Horsham every two years. Excellent course. Very disappointed to see it drop out of the lists. Not enough raters visiting I expect. Plus,a course having financial problems does seem to struggle, even though the actual course is outstanding.

I got to Newcastle for the last season.

There used to be an inland ranking, restricted to courses more than 50k from the ocean.I would love to see that again.I suspect the Murray region would rank highly, but Royal Canberra would come out top.Having played the top NSW inland tracks such as Duntryleague, Wagga Country Club, Narrandera etc, they are nowhere near top 100s these days.

I got to both Wagga Wagga courses
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Quote Originally Posted by Benje View Post
    I visit Horsham every two years. Excellent course. Very disappointed to see it drop out of the lists. Not enough raters visiting I expect. Plus,a course having financial problems does seem to struggle, even though the actual course is outstanding.

I got to Newcastle for the last season.
    Benje: have you seen Nhill? I have heard some good reports about it

Planning to do a Horsham / Nhill / Bordertown trip when all the COVID stuff ends

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    I got to both Wagga Wagga courses
    City is awful, Country Club is a good country track.Did it have any water when you were there?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Was very dry, lake at country looked less than half full
    City very dry (and awful). I hadn't played Country since 1989, trees were a lot bigger and more annoying
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

TC

I see Nhill on a drive by.
    I saw Bordertown 45 years ago - their greens were legendary and the course is built on sand.
    I really like those country courses where the original developers sought out good ground, often remote from the town. EG Millicient, Bordertown, Loxton and Waikerie. Don't forget Lake Albert (Meningie) either.

TC

I see Nhill on a drive by.
    I saw Bordertown 45 years ago - their greens were legendary and the course is built on sand.
    I really like those country courses where the original developers sought out good ground, often remote from the town. EG Millicient, Bordertown, Loxton and Waikerie. Don't forget Lake Albert (Meningie) either.
    Lake Albert is great but they need the cattle farmers to help fund some new greens

Benje, I drove from Robe to Adelaide a couple of weeks pre virus.

No ****er lives out there but that land between Kingston and Meningie, where there is a barrier island looked like great golf course land.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Benje, I drove from Robe to Adelaide a couple of weeks pre virus.

No ****er lives out there but that land between Kingston and Meningie, where there is a barrier island looked like great golf course land.
    Not exactly sure but probably untouchable land. It is either sacred site being the Coorong or they will complain about destroying Storm Boy's home.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I think you could throw a dart on a map of the whole of south eastern SA and wherever it landed would make an excellent golf course. You just have to drive through it to realise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Pan View Post
    I think you could throw a dart on a map of the whole of south eastern SA and wherever it landed would make an excellent golf course. You just have to drive through it to realise.
    In terms of land on the Limestone Coast Millicent is the clear standout for me, pure sandbelt in the middle of a forest, pity they use kike but for a country club its totally understandable

Mount Gambier GC is also on a great piece of land, many of the holes on the back nine showcase this well.

I meant to include Millicent in those country courses where the founders chose great land away from the town.

Perry Groves - play Lake Albert. The land is phenomenal. Some of the holes were affected by tall trees planted on the inside corner of doglegs - very frustrating.

TC - the greens were fantastic prior to the River Murray flow disappearing a decade or so. They were replaced with drought and salt resistant couch. Unfortunate but understandable. How that course survives with the small membership I don't know.

But the land is fantastic.

Senior Member Major Winner

Lake Albert is high on my favorite courses list. A real hidden gem I'm always keen to go back to.
    I had the pleasure of playing there a few times pre salt problems and their greens were top quality. They held a Vardon there back in those days with top level state players giving the greens a massive tick of approval.
    Real shame they had to let them go and replace with a coarse salt resistant grass.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

I meant to include Millicent in those country courses where the founders chose great land away from the town.

Perry Groves - play Lake Albert. The land is phenomenal. Some of the holes were affected by tall trees planted on the inside corner of doglegs - very frustrating.

TC - the greens were fantastic prior to the River Murray flow disappearing a decade or so. They were replaced with drought and salt resistant couch. Unfortunate but understandable. How that course survives with the small membership I don't know.

But the land is fantastic.
    Close by there is some serious $$$$ in the Coorong; as you would know (round your neck of the woods) Wagyu Beef goes for a premium per kg, last time I checked Fairview Green it was $74 per kg

A bit like Tanunda Pines there are a number of 'locals' who keep the place afloat. Would be nice if they took it a step further and replace the greens sometime

Like Hatchy above to do admire the land a great deal
    Last edited by thecollective; 8th April 2020 at 06:40 PM. Reason: shit grammar

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I've played Lake Albert in winter when the couch is dormant and after a cut and roll, the greens are a lot better to putt on.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Benje: have you seen Nhill? I have heard some good reports about it Planning to do a Horsham / Nhill / Bordertown trip when all the COVID stuff ends
    TC, I learnt to play at Bordertown, it's well work a look. Built in sandy scrub about 6ks from town and has some interesting terrain. Greens were always great when I played there and course looks to still be in good nick from what I see on fb. Has a couple of typical Morcom severe doglegs but otherwise some interesting holes. I'd be keen to hear your review.

hippo10

the par 3's were very good at Bordertown - a couple of those at the far end of the course that climb ever so slightly up hill cut into a dune.

Quote Originally Posted by hippo10 View Post
    TC, I learnt to play at Bordertown, it's well work a look. Built in sandy scrub about 6ks from town and has some interesting terrain. Greens were always great when I played there and course looks to still be in good nick from what I see on fb. Has a couple of typical Morcom severe doglegs but otherwise some interesting holes. I'd be keen to hear your review.
    Hippo: I took a quick walk past it last year but sadly did not have time to play as I needed to meet a school pickup deadline.

Very keen to play, particularly on a ‘cut greens’ day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information