Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default Ben Cousins Documentary

How many watched the Ben Cousins documentary last night?

About the only thing to come out of it is being able to see the before and now from some one who could have set themselves up for life to what happens when you let drugs rule/ruin your life.
    Came as no real surprise that he came across as still not being able to tell the truth and take full responsibility for his own actions/behavior.
    Read some where else today that any money paid to him for that has gone straight to his lawyers and they are in control whether he will see any of it at some stage.
    I watch as I thought it could be interesting but him not being genuine and failing to answer several questions quickly with definitive answers showed hes still got a long way to go if there's any chance of recovery.

Interested in how others saw it if the bothered.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

He clearly has a long and tough road ahead, based in the skittish behaviour.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

It was clear from the doco 10 years ago that it was not about setting an example of recovery, footage showing Ben high on drugs in his undies sipping $700 Grange isn't exactly motivating for anyone looking to change their life for the better.

He was after cash and like many afl retired footballers they will do anything for another fruitful payday.

Now he spent it all on ice and has done another doco to get more money. 10 years from now he will be ringing channel 7 again from a back street somewhere asking to do another.

Maybe he should start his own show ala 7up, 'Ben Cousins - 10 more years still a junkie'
    Last edited by thecollective; 30th March 2020 at 08:25 PM.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I didn't watch it, but heard there was some weird segment where he played tennis with Nat Fyfe.

Member Club Champion

I gave it about 10 minutes before realising that he's still cooked and let the mrs put on her rubbish and i fell asleep on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    Now he spent it all on ice and has done another doco to get more money. 10 years from now he will be ringing channel 7 again from a back street somewhere asking to do another.
    there was a report yesterday before it aired, that Cousins did not get any money from the interview, but that a payment from Ch7 went to his lawyers. No explanation was given.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    there was a report yesterday before it aired, that Cousins did not get any money from the interview, but that a payment from Ch7 went to his lawyers. No explanation was given.
    It was said he’d be getting a small portion at a time in line with normal living expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    It was said he’d be getting a small portion at a time in line with normal living expenses.
    So in other words, money, drip fed so he doesn't spend it all at once on drugs and booze like he did 10 years ago when most of his 'fans' were sold on this tale of recovery and personal development.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It was clear from the doco 10 years ago that it was not about setting an example of recovery, footage showing Ben high on drugs in his undies sipping $700 Grange isn't exactly motivating for anyone looking to change their life for the better.

He was after cash and like many afl retired footballers they will do anything for another fruitful payday.

Maybe he should start his own show ala 7up, 'Ben Cousins - 10 more years still a junkie'
    Actually a real life “Keeping up with Couso” I’d probably watch, but real shit like him tripping out etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Actually a real life “Keeping up with Couso” I’d probably watch, but real shit like him tripping out etc...
    if he want's to be a junkie then 'so be it jedi'

Just don't try and sell your story to the public and pretend its for the greater good

Every time some league player does something stupid I get a sneer from the AFL brigade who like to think themselves above the people's game, luckily Ben "never tested positive" Cousins continues the exemplary work of the greats like Ablett Snr and Carey who went before him.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

if he want's to be a junkie then 'so be it jedi'

Just don't try and sell your story to the public and pretend its for the greater good
    Oh, absolutely.......

Did he sell it or did Ch7 go out of their way to buy it? I dont see anywhere where he pretended anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Thanks for that. That at least is a good thing for him, whether thats his choice or not. Maybe its like when i was a bank teller I wouldnt let the homeless guys withdraw all the money friday afternoon.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I didn't watch it, but heard there was some weird segment where he played tennis with Nat Fyfe.
    yeap that part was really strange and out of place....

Thread Information