Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast
    Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    It was the Marshall (Pro Shop Manager) that was telling me they were entitled to play when they wanted, and that 4 hrs + wasn't bad!
    Lol, that’s pretty funny!
    Feel for you Dave....
    Wednesday’s round was 2hrs 55 and we te off pretty much the last groups after midday!
    i did notice some young guys from the pro shop driving around to enforce the social distancing etc so that may have helped!

Played at Gailes yesterday with a mate, took a little over 3 hours. Started about 12:40 and finished just before 4.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

3.20 today as a two in a howling Gale and regular showers.

Normal 4ball would play in 4.15+ at the same time so no complaints.

Club is trying their hardest to accommodate members, with restrictions suggested for members to play one day per weekend only, allowing all members a chance to get on the timesheet.

With 560 members and something like 120 slots per weekend, it's a challenge.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

We played as a 2ball in 2:47 today.

We got slowed up from 6-8 where went through our first group, then got held up from 12-14 before going through the second group.

We then somehow put 2 holes on them... we put our cards in and got a cold drink and they still weren’t on the last.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Playing through is frowned upon at Bushwood!

Sorry I mean Redland Bay Golf Club.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Playing through is frowned upon at Bushwood!

Sorry I mean Redland Bay Golf Club.
    Seems to be.

Saturday's round took just under 4 hours. A little bit quicker, but still way too long for a two ball, one tee start field. I saw PeteyD as he finished his morning round and he indicated that theirs had taken about 3.15. Again the field suddenly speed up significantly in front of us over the last few holes, so it was obviously a group a few in front of us this time. There were no obvious gaps in the field as we went around, everyone was keeping up, so it does seem to be one group.

I know they are trying to get Volunteer Marshals to take over from staff, but I saw little sign of any actual marshalling on the day.

Our Tee times are 5 minutes apart, so 45 minutes equates to 9 extra groups, 18 potential players they could in theory get on the course, if this was sorted.

Senior Member Major Winner

Seems to be.Saturday's round took just under 4 hours. A little bit quicker, but still way too long for a two ball, one tee start field. I saw PeteyD as he finished his morning round and he indicated that theirs had taken about 3.15. Again the field suddenly speed up significantly in front of us over the last few holes, so it was obviously a group a few in front of us this time. There were no obvious gaps in the field as we went around, everyone was keeping up, so it does seem to be one group.I know they are trying to get Volunteer Marshals to take over from staff, but I saw little sign of any actual marshalling on the day.Our Tee times are 5 minutes apart, so 45 minutes equates to 9 extra groups, 18 potential players they could in theory get on the course, if this was sorted.
    5 minutes seems a bit optimistic.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Clubs going back to comps from tomorrow!
    We have to download and use miscore, no cards etc....

Seems to be.

Saturday's round took just under 4 hours. A little bit quicker, but still way too long for a two ball, one tee start field. I saw PeteyD as he finished his morning round and he indicated that theirs had taken about 3.15. Again the field suddenly speed up significantly in front of us over the last few holes, so it was obviously a group a few in front of us this time. There were no obvious gaps in the field as we went around, everyone was keeping up, so it does seem to be one group.

I know they are trying to get Volunteer Marshals to take over from staff, but I saw little sign of any actual marshalling on the day.

Our Tee times are 5 minutes apart, so 45 minutes equates to 9 extra groups, 18 potential players they could in theory get on the course, if this was sorted.
    5 minutes tell them they're dreaming.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

7 minutes for us

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

12 minutes for us, 3hr round.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

10min in Maryborough. 2:40 to 3hrs here.

Just checked and it's 6 mins, rounds are 3hrs. Twice as sharp as Steve's mob.

Seems to be.Saturday's round took just under 4 hours. A little bit quicker, but still way too long for a two ball, one tee start field. I saw PeteyD as he finished his morning round and he indicated that theirs had taken about 3.15. Again the field suddenly speed up significantly in front of us over the last few holes, so it was obviously a group a few in front of us this time. There were no obvious gaps in the field as we went around, everyone was keeping up, so it does seem to be one group.I know they are trying to get Volunteer Marshals to take over from staff, but I saw little sign of any actual marshalling on the day.Our Tee times are 5 minutes apart, so 45 minutes equates to 9 extra groups, 18 potential players they could in theory get on the course, if this was sorted.
    My understanding is volunteering does not fit any acceptable reason to leave the house (unless for a charity).
    Forum needs more banter.

Blog Entries

Have the clubs made an effort to identify the reason for the hold up?

I generally find looking for the same player's lost ball two out of three holes is the biggest time waster (and still taking the same amount of time looking as they did in 2018 ). I imagine it is worse now with only one extra person looking each time, instead of three.

If the club boards were serious about slow play, they would include the 2019 local rule option of 'drop at edge of fairway and add 2 penalty strokes' and not have a stroke competition for C (and possibly B) grade players.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Banned

I would have thought folks would just be happy to be out playing instead of worrying about pace of play at this point. It's not like it's a permanent situation or anything..........

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    I would have thought folks would just be happy to be out playing instead of worrying about pace of play at this point. It's not like it's a permanent situation or anything..........
    pace of play dictates how many players can play/finish?

Sheets are chockers everywhere, if they can bring it down to 3 hours on average then maybe a few more can get a game

3 to 6 months is a pretty fn long time though!

And this is one of the reasons a 2 ball takes 4 hours

That's rubbish talk!

I suggest you stop towelling your hands and grips prior to each shot.
    Giving your irons a detail after each shot.
    Also a selfie is not essential when you hit a green in reg

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Keperra at 9 min intervals.
    Rounds taking just over 3hrs.
    Normal Saturday's we'd have a 3 tee start but now back to one tee only and in pairs the sheet fills up in the blink of an eye.
    Long waiting list too...

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

I wish! All of our 2 person rounds so far have take 4 hours or more. The reason?, apparently there is a slow group that insist on booking themselves in the early morning field, so the whole field behind them (90+ players) have to wait. You can actually work out when they finish, because the field suddenly starts moving. The Pro shop won't do anything about it, because "they are entitled to play when they want to"!! I gather one of them has a disability so non one wants to say anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    Holler for a marshall!
    I played first weekend of 2ball at my club was around 4.5hr round cos was at the end of he field. They got the bar staff to be course marshalls last weekend and it we got around in about 3hr 20.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

We opened up 3 new groups early in the morning.

First group got around in 2.50
    2nd group 3 hours.
    3rd group was mine. My playing partner was slower than dialup, and couldn't keep up. Despite me doing everything I could short of pushing him down the fairways, we ended up 3.25, but the group behind us was even further back.

Slow players really have no idea they are slow.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    We opened up 3 new groups early in the morning.First group got around in 2.502nd group 3 hours.3rd group was mine. My playing partner was slower than dialup, and couldn't keep up. Despite me doing everything I could short of pushing him down the fairways, we ended up 3.25, but the group behind us was even further back.Slow players really have no idea they are slow.
    Worse than having no idea is when they justify it.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    We opened up 3 new groups early in the morning.

First group got around in 2.50
    2nd group 3 hours.
    3rd group was mine. My playing partner was slower than dialup, and couldn't keep up. Despite me doing everything I could short of pushing him down the fairways, we ended up 3.25, but the group behind us was even further back.

Slow players really have no idea they are slow.
    Yep, I sometimes feel I may be a bit of a slow player, especially on the greens. Then I play with a true slow player who seems to think they are fine!

RQ puts you as a provisional member when you join 6 or seven days and keep you on this for 10-11 months. These guys can't book to 24hrs prior for Wed or Saturday play and have zero chance now of getting a game. My mate missed out by 34 spots for today's comp.

Thread Information