Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Who in South West Sydney has parkland near them to hit balls in? There's some near me - seen some bloke hitting balls in there a while ago. It's not really a park, more of a flood plain area...probably enough room to hit up to 8-iron max. I guess I'll be there before too long.
    Ping G400 Max 9* w/ KuroKage TiNi Silver 60
    Titleist 917 F2 15* w/ Aldila Rogue Max 75 S
    TaylorMade TP UDI 20* w/ KuroKage 70 S graphite
    Mizuno MP-4 4-PW w/ Project X Rifle 6.0
    SM5 Vokey 50* F Grind & 54* F Grind
    SM6 Vokey 60* S Grind
    Bettinardi Queen B 8

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    But playing golf is "technically" correct....
    Possibly, but I think it is more about the Vibe... and that Vibe is probably out of step at the moment...

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

How come the government can force the closure of businesses for our health yet banks can still carry on like normal offering loans to people in trouble that will make them more profit?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Bizarre comments.. Golf Australia has NOT shut down golf courses. This is a government decision.

GA has merely offered advice that the states will force the closures.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Peppas View Post
    Good to see the messages regarding staying at home, social isolation and flattening the curve really got through to you guys.
    We'll do it, but we'll complain about it, particularly when others can exercise, but we cannot. We can jog around our golf course, and probably throw a ball around it for our dog to chase, but we cannot chase the ball ourselves with a golf club in hand.

It's only a murmur at this stage, but the noise will get louder when people start experiencing exactly what social isolation means.

For a non-virus reason, I've just spent 5 days hardly leaving the house. It was driving me crazy. There are only so many golf and poker videos you can watch. And now that I'm mobile enough to get out of the house, I'm not allowed to, because there is a virus hotspot 800km away.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by flathook View Post
    How come the government can force the closure of businesses for our health yet banks can still carry on like normal offering loans to people in trouble that will make them more profit?
    Yeah closing banks is a really great idea... Look how well that went in 1929...

It's all been such a half arsed response that it is quite stupid and dangerously comical at present.
    I can't see why large supermarkets are not closed to the public - surely they can operate online only?

stay the **** at home.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Unless you need to buy a jigsaw puzzle.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    Bizarre comments.. Golf Australia has NOT shut down golf courses. This is a government decision.GA has merely offered advice that the states will force the closures.
    “It is Golf Australia’s recommendation that, based on the Prime Minister’s announcement on Sunday evening, March 29 that limits outdoor gatherings to two persons or fewer, all golf clubs and facilities should close until further notice.”

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Yeah closing banks is a really great idea... Look how well that went in 1929...
    Not suggesting banks close but if you slow the economy to protect the health system then the whole economy has to be slowed down. You can't have a few sections profiteering because the government has banned other sections from operating.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flathook View Post
    Not suggesting banks close but if you slow the economy to protect the health system then the whole economy has to be slowed down. You can't have a few sections profiteering because the government has banned other sections from operating.
    And if I understand capitalisation of interest correctly, they won't miss out on gouging home owners that require a hold on their mortgage repayments either. You'll end up paying even more over the term of your loan to our lovely friends at the bank. Wonderful!

Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

We are all bound by a federal ruling which applies to all states of a gathering more than two people.
    I'm sure 99% of the people here are doing their part, and changing behaviours as these new rules come into place.

If you want to go to a course with a mate, then do it. I still need to operate my business so I will continue going to work and instruct
    my employees to do the same, until an instruction comes that forbids me from doing it. Luckily I am still operating with what work I had come in before
    all my clients got shut down.

To all those people that just say "STAY THE F**K HOME" don't know every-bodies individual situation. Good that these individuals may be in a situation
    to be able to either work from home or be stable enough not to work. To all those employees working at Golf Clubs, I feel for your situation.
    Last edited by wazamac; 31st March 2020 at 05:15 PM.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Bank branches need to stay open. (They've been practising with minimal branch staff for the last 20 years.)
    The alternative is online and call-centre support. With India going into full lockdown, our past complaints of waiting on hold for 30 mins will seem like a luxury.

I popped into Lowes yesterday for a couple of pairs of trackie dacks. Quick no-contact transaction with the sole staff member, then back home. I thanked her for staying open, and she said they're getting business from children of local aged-care residents, who have run out of clothes, as nothing has come back from the laundry.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Good to see the messages regarding staying at home, social isolation and flattening the curve really got through to you guys.
    It's ok for you, you've got your 30 trips per day for food supplies.
    People are out fishing, if that's exercise then golf is a triathlon
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

All good here -

New COVID-19 rules
    First the good news - the course remains open for play under the new COVID-19 movement restrictions.
    Initially Golf Australia has recommend that, based on the Prime Minister’s announcement on 29 March 2020 that limits outdoor gatherings to two persons or fewer, that all golf clubs and facilities should close until further notice.
    However, Queensland’s Chief Health Officer has since informed that a Golf Club can still be open under the new distance measures.
    This means that playing groups will be capped at a maximum of two people.
    The online booking sheets for Thursday and Saturday have been re-set to reflect this restriction - players who previously booked a tee time will need to re-book their places on the new timesheet.
    People who want to hire a golf club buggy should not book before 6.30am time slot or after a 2.00pm time slot.
    The new local rules established last week, including that flags must remain in to avoid handling, will also remain in place.
    The clubhouse remains closed and takeaway food and alcohol is not available. Alcohol must not be brought on to the course.
    Our club will only be able to continue operating under these new rules if players comply with the restrictions, as non-compliance could result in substantial fines.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Play in groups of two only
    Over 70?s and over 60?s with medical conditions please stay home
    Please comply with social distancing laws
    RQGC

Noel Whitaker put his name down with me tomorrow. He was born in 1940.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheNuclearOne View Post
    All good here -

New COVID-19 rules
    First the good news - the course remains open for play under the new COVID-19 movement restrictions.
    Initially Golf Australia has recommend that, based on the Prime Minister’s announcement on 29 March 2020 that limits outdoor gatherings to two persons or fewer, that all golf clubs and facilities should close until further notice.
    However, Queensland’s Chief Health Officer has since informed that a Golf Club can still be open under the new distance measures.
    This means that playing groups will be capped at a maximum of two people.
    The online booking sheets for Thursday and Saturday have been re-set to reflect this restriction - players who previously booked a tee time will need to re-book their places on the new timesheet.
    People who want to hire a golf club buggy should not book before 6.30am time slot or after a 2.00pm time slot.
    The new local rules established last week, including that flags must remain in to avoid handling, will also remain in place.
    The clubhouse remains closed and takeaway food and alcohol is not available. Alcohol must not be brought on to the course.
    Our club will only be able to continue operating under these new rules if players comply with the restrictions, as non-compliance could result in substantial fines.
    Good stuff. Sounds like a sensible approach.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Helensvale, and I assume Sandy Gallop have also not abided by GA advice and stated they are following the QLD Health guidelines, that specfically permits golf.
    https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system...direction-no.2

Our conditions are same as above 2 players per group, 1 person per cart.
    also Members only
    Comps still on.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Article just posted in the Australian stating NSW is about to re-open courses.

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

<3 hour round. I could get used to this 2 player group golf.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Listen to the acting NSW Sports Minister this morning...golf in 2's is ok! https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones...ff-lee-on-golf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gollfer69 View Post
    stay the **** at home.
    Just curious if you guys will be playing golf this weekend if your golf club is open?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Just curious if you guys will be playing golf this weekend if your golf club is open?
    No I’m not. It’s unnecessary. Everyone else should feel free to do whatever they want though.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I won't be playing during peak times on the weekend. I don't think people will be able to help themselves, and will have "gatherings", and clog up the pro shop, as well.

I'll stick to my nine hole hits with my son during the quiet periods while I still can though.

Thread Information