Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    City GC have made the decision to remain closed.
    Get them onto Facebook....

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Get them onto Facebook....
    when we read their statement, we see that the closure was decided for other reasons. I dare say many others will follow and I dont think this current situation will last long.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I suspect there will be. They were being installed this morning, so no experience a yet. Our greens have just been cored so it won't be a game changer at the moment. Though I am sure there will be moaners!
    Clubs around the world have been leaving the cup raised about 2 “ out of the ground? Just hit the cup with ball and counts as sunk. However 1 club had some arrogant POS push all the cups down to ground level just so they could putt out normally. This type of arrogance and behaviour goes against the good will that clubs are implementing just so people have a place to go, breath a bit easier, try destress about the worries everyone has on their plate. As an employee that has a duty of care towards members safety on a day to day basis , actions from those that think they know better or display complete and utter disregard not only to themselves and others, really pisses me off. Mental health issues will skyrocket over the next few months, and realistically there is no definite end in sight... think about others and not your selfish self. Because if and when mandatory lockdown occurs, you will be wishing you had options up your sleeve. Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Howlong GC closed
    For how long?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Nudgee had police onsite this morning due to golfers.

Apparently the advice they could open mentioned hear was only verbal so they got closed

Apparently they can do course maintenance during this time

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    Nudgee had police onsite this morning due to golfers.Apparently the advice they could open mentioned hear was only verbal so they got closedApparently they can do course maintenance during this time
    that is correct. To maintenance

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Surely it will only take one news report of a golfer doing the wrong thing, and it will be canned for everyone.

I have no faith in my fellow humans...

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Surely it will only take one news report of a golfer doing the wrong thing, and it will be canned for everyone.

I have no faith in my fellow humans...
    Having said that, I know a club where an infected person played 2 comp rounds on 2 consecutive days, and all his playing partners have tested negative.

The club had implemented the new flag/rakes/distancing rules which seemed to have worked effectively.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Having said that, I know a club where an infected person played 2 comp rounds on 2 consecutive days, and all his playing partners have tested negative.

The club had implemented the new flag/rakes/distancing rules which seemed to have worked effectively.
    Prior to testing positive, or he knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Prior to testing positive, or he knew?
    He didn't know apparently.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Thank **** for that otherwise he or the club might have had a problem!
    Everyone just needs to do the right thing....

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Wynnum has prepared what looks like a pretty comprehensive guide on play and the requirements to comply;

https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.impa...s_25032020.pdf

So he came back from overseas and failed to isolate?

He should be barred from the Club. Thats appalling.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    So he came back from overseas and failed to isolate?

He should be barred from the Club. Thats appalling.
    From all accounts he caught it from someone in Australia that had the virus. He wasn't notified of this until after the 2 rounds.

How long do we give the courses at King Island, and even Barney Dunes, until they close down or go into a long hiatus?

Chopperlink

WITB

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhelmo View Post
    Clubs around the world have been leaving the cup raised about 2 “ out of the ground? Just hit the cup with ball and counts as sunk. However 1 club had some arrogant POS push all the cups down to ground level just so they could putt out normally. This type of arrogance and behaviour goes against the good will that clubs are implementing just so people have a place to go, breath a bit easier, try destress about the worries everyone has on their plate. As an employee that has a duty of care towards members safety on a day to day basis , actions from those that think they know better or display complete and utter disregard not only to themselves and others, really pisses me off. Mental health issues will skyrocket over the next few months, and realistically there is no definite end in sight... think about others and not your selfish self. Because if and when mandatory lockdown occurs, you will be wishing you had options up your sleeve. Thanks for reading
    Plenty of 1 putt greens to stuff up a handicap

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I don’t think handicaps are the issue to be honest... it’s peoples sanity and clubs trying to provide a service to aid that. Cos as sure as the bears crap in the woods, golfers will certainly grizzle about conditions at courses if and when this crazy ends. People have short memories and high expectations.

Good luck with this read

Dear Peter Hickey,

On Tuesday night, 24th March, the Board of Nudgee Golf Club met for our monthly meeting, where the Club's response to the current health crisis was the main topic of discussion.

The Board resolved to follow advice from the Federal and State governments, and from our industry advisory groups, Clubs Queensland and Golf Australia.

At times this advice may rapidly evolve, but the overarching principle is to limit the spread of this highly contagious virus, which has particularly lethal consequences for people aged over 60. If the spread is limited, our health systems have a chance of delivering good outcomes for our members - many of whom are most vulnerable to this pandemic.

To that end, Government advice is to stay home if you can and stay in your neighbourhood. The current advice is that you may exercise by yourself, or with one friend. Restrict yourself to essential activities only.

Advice around liquor licensing has changed a few times over the past few days, and while we must always be compliant with the law, the first principle of limiting the spread of the virus remains.

On first thought, golf may seem a good sport in these times, but deeper consideration shows that it is so easy for an infected person to touch or cough on seats, doors, toilets, flagsticks, glasses, bins, golf carts and sand buckets. It can survive on surfaces for many hours, where an otherwise healthy person can touch it and become infected. And then take it home to infect partners, grandparents, kids, and strangers.

Many of our golfers are in the high-risk category. All of our staff have families in that category.

The Board has said that if a safe way for us to play our sport can be found, we will do all we can to play.

However, given everything above, the only way golf could proceed at Nudgee that complies with advice would be very limited- 2 people per group maximum, 15min tee intervals, no golfers over the age of 60, and if we are to remain in our own neighbourhoods, limited to local residents of Nudgee Beach and Banyo only. There would be no competitions, no flagsticks, and no tee markers. No rakes, no ball washers, no carts, no drink fountains. There would be no service from the clubhouse. We may be in a position to offer golf under these conditions in the future, however, we will not put our staff at risk. We do not want to put you at risk.

Our country is under severe stress, and the best thing Nudgee members can do to help is to stay home. Home, where you are much less likely to contract the virus than at the golf club where 15 minutes ago someone may have coughed onto the hole where your ball now sits. And sure, you've got your glove on, but now your nose is itchy...

Royal Queensland had a golfer test positive this weekend. Like us, they have many older members. We understand some other Clubs may be open, that is a matter for them. Many more have closed. We think Nudgee golfers are socially responsible and appreciate that there is a great need right now to stay at home.

We all love golf, but right now, we need to love our families more. We need to look after our older golfers, and we need to keep the pressure on our hospitals down. At Nudgee, we will do this by remaining closed until the government and health authorities advise the risk to our members and staff has reduced.

We know this may take some weeks or months, and there will be consequences for our staff. We are working with them to find the fairest outcomes possible.

The Board is also working to find a way that best compensates you, our members, who will not be able to enjoy the benefits of membership for some time. We want you to be with us when this time passes. Then, playing golf at Nudgee really will be the best thing in the world.

"Everything we do before a Pandemic will seem alarmist. Everything we do after will seem inadequate" - Michael Leavitt, Former Secretary of Health and Human Services

Please look after yourselves and your family, and wash your hands.

The Board, Nudgee Golf Club.

Nudgee Plate /McLeod Cup

The battle field

Yes and that’s all fair and valid reasoning. Nudgee be in a far more reasonable financial position than a lot of clubs.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

It makes sense, when taking worst case scenarios into account.

Great way to accelerate the course works.

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    Good luck with this read

The Board, Nudgee Golf Club.
    Pete, I’m alarmed that dribble was written by a board. There’s some liberty taken with the truth too it seems.

Could’ve said what they needed to say in much less time.

Sorry for your loss.

Agree Bushy. I read that like they were overjustifying.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information