Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I have just received an email from our GM advising they have got the go ahead for Golf from the Qld CHO;
    I’ve discussed this elsewhere but the decision to close golf courses in qld is liquor and gaming related. I doubt the CMO has the authority to open them on her own.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

3PP - would that be clubhouses and not the course itself?
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Could be open to interpretation allowing Nudgee and RQ to focus on ground works. Rather than opening for members social play with no booze sales.
    Nudgee is completing their new 36 hole layout while RQ is getting ready for hosting the Qld PGA.
    From RQ
    We will do our best not to waste any opportunity, and our greens staff are preparing to undertake some significant course projects that would not have been possible under ordinary conditions. When we do get back on the course, we hope to have it looking its best.

Quote Originally Posted by 990B Luva View Post
    3PP - would that be clubhouses and not the course itself?
    In Queensland the whole course is part of the licensed area not just the clubhouse.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    I’ve discussed this elsewhere but the decision to close golf courses in qld is liquor and gaming related. I doubt the CMO has the authority to open them on her own.
    Clubs Qld and GA have given the go ahead, based on the CHO's advice. I suppose the pubes in licensing could object, they have no else to do at the moment and won't get stood down like people with real jobs...

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

In Queensland the whole course is part of the licensed area not just the clubhouse.
    That’s why they’re no longer allowed to sell alcohol.

RIP - Duncan Bennett & Leon Treadwell

Unitlink

Clubs Qld and GA have given the go ahead, based on the CHO's advice. I suppose the pubes in licensing could object, they have no else to do at the moment and won't get stood down like people with real jobs...
    Can't edit at the moment for some reason??

I was going to add;

I hope the golfers that do play get better at the Distancing/Hygiene compliance on what I saw last week.

I am also concerned that a lot of Licensed Clubs won't be able to afford to maintain their courses, even basically, just off any Comp Fees they may collect.

Hopefully they will be entitled to claim some of the Small Business support that has been announced in the Stimulus Packages, otherwise many will potentially run out of cash quickly.

Based on their interpretation of the CMO's guidance. This should clear up any issues related to interpretation.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

I am also concerned that a lot of Licensed Clubs won't be able to afford to maintain their courses, even basically, just off any Comp Fees they may collect.

Hopefully they will be entitled to claim some of the Small Business support that has been announced in the Stimulus Packages, otherwise many will potentially run out of cash quickly.
    Small Business support does not entail cash in hand.
    It sits there and comes off a tax bill or BAS. My accountant rang me and said I will get about $25k.
    They base it upon your previous payments. This amount will nearly cover 1 quarter for my business.

I can tell you cash in hand would be great right now.
    60% of my clients are pubs cancelling orders. Luckily I am able to push on with a couple of new drive thru's.
    Last edited by wazamac; 25th March 2020 at 08:11 AM.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    Small Business support does not entail cash in hand.
    It sits there and comes off a tax bill or BAS. My accountant rang me and said I will get about $25k.
    They base it upon your previous payments. This amount will nearly cover 1 quarter for my business.

I can tell you cash in hand would be great right now.
    60% of my clients are pubs cancelling orders. Luckily I am able to push on with a couple of new drive thru's.
    Every little bit will help, but as your say, Cash is King, and clubs have had the Tap turned off. They still have to pay stood down staff leave entitlements etc, repayments on Machinery leases etc. And I know that our club holds a lot of Wedding Deposits, for Weddings that they can no longer cater for etc.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

RQ back to social play only.

Social play is seriously boring so will go fishing instead.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    RQ back to social play only.

Social play is seriously boring so will go fishing instead.
    Our social play pot will be double the amount now we don’t have to pay comp fees!
    Time to take some cash off the old ****s.....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Our social play pot will be double the amount now we don’t have to pay comp fees!
    Time to take some cash off the old ****s.....
    Enjoy it while you can, because it won't last. Stage 2 or 3 will wrap it up.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Enjoy it while you can, because it won't last. Stage 2 or 3 will wrap it up.
    Im sure we will.....!
    i know they where going to shut the course down from Sunday anyway and do the greens, and heap of bunker/cart path work so will work out ok for all....

Rocky 1Hr ago -

PLAY ON! RGC to remain open under strict CORONAVIRUS REGULATIONS
    The coronavirus impacts on the functioning of our society continues to evolve on a day-to-day basis. The current situation is:
    * Course is open for play
    * The clubhouse is closed completely
    * The Spike Bar will be open for limited hours only on Thursday and Saturday and only for food and non-alcoholic beverages. Only one person will be allowed to go into spike bar at any one time.
    * No alcohol is permitted to be consumed or brought on to the course. This will be strictly enforced as a breach could result in immediate shut down for the club.
    * Buggies will only be hired for use by a single person at $16 for members and $20 for non-members.
    * Only four people will be allowed in Pro Shop at any one time.
    Competition score cards are to be left in the competition box which will now be placed outside the Pro Shop.

* Do not congregate together outside the Spike Bar or Pro Shop - maintain strict adherence to the social distancing recommendations.
    ***** ********** will continue to work from 9am to 3pm but can only be contacted by phone on ******** or by email.
    If you want your club to remain open for as long as possible, please follow these measures to the letter of the law.
    Daily updates are being provided on the Golf Australia website - if there is any significant change in the situation we will notify members as soon as possible via newsletter, website and Facebook.
    WITB
    TRS2 9* Velocore Blue 7s
    G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
    Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
    Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
    Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, 54*SS, 58SS/TS*
    TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Riverlakes open again tomorrow!

Good Morning Golfers, good news the Government has approved golf clubs to reopen and operate under specific conditions. Our course will reopen tomorrow 26th March for play with the following in place.

- 1 tee start
    - There will be 12 min intervals between groups
    - No shotgun starts
    - No more than 5 people in the Proshop at any 1 time.
    - No groups of more then 10 players
    - No alcohol or food will be sold
    - No gathering before or after your round
    - Social distancing rules still apply

For those members booked in for competition tomorrow, Saturday and next Tuesday, timesheets will be available by 12pm today. These comps will all be open competitions so can we all rebook.

There are a lot of conditions but if we wish to stay operational then we need to follow this simple things. Have a great day and see you all tomorrow.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Blog Entries

Course and comp. were on today with the latest GA restrictions, but I self-cancelled due to …
    BOM forecast of intermittent showers = increased likelihood of getting immune system rundown.
    2 retirees in group cancelled and replaced by 2 high-schoolers = too many potential extra contacts to take the risk.

I did go there anyway for chipping practice, a bucket of range balls and 7 Snickers (to see me over for the next week, as no snacks in the house is the only downside to working from home).
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Cairns GC closed yesterday and stood down staff, re-opened this morning based on advice from Golf QLD, then closed again at lunch time based on the following advice from Clubs QLD:

Golf Courses and Bowls GreensClubs Queensland saw the news last night and we have seen emails from Golf Australia regarding golf course being open for players. Clubs Queensland has yet to receive any formal advice on this issue from OLGR and the CHO and we have asked. Until such time as your course remains under your licensed area, please remember your club is IN BREACH of the directives of closure under the Public Health Act.

We also ask clubs to understand that there is a liability cloud that is hanging over the issue of somebody contracting the virus from your club if you have actively encouraged a ‘ non-essential social gathering’ when there is an over-arching directive from the CMO and the Prime Minister against such activity. There is potential for a legal argument around ‘intent’ to be mounted and a possibility that you will not be insured if you were to be found to have flagrantly disregarded the health directives.

We ask that you exercise sensibility and great caution and remember your community responsibility.​
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Cairns GC closed yesterday and stood down staff, re-opened this morning based on advice from Golf QLD, then closed again at lunch time based on the following advice from Clubs QLD:
    Clubs QLD have just announced Golf is allowed...

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Clubs QLD have just announced Golf is allowed...
    *sigh*
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Howlong GC closed

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Howlong GC closed
    in reaction to the PM stating everyone should stay home. Being socially responsible.

Just saying “howlong closed”, isn’t.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

FFS STAY AT HOME!!!!!!!

Unless you need get a haircut.

BUT DON'T STAY LONGER THAN 30
    MINUTES!!!!!

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Howlong GC closed
    It's because the fairways are 4m wide

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

City GC have made the decision to remain closed.

As many of you may be aware there was some information released late last night regarding a verbal confirmation from QLD Chief Health Officer Janette Young that she has approved that Queensland Golf Clubs can operate on their Golf Courses from today (25/3/2020).
    At the time of this update the Office of Liquor and Gaming (OLGR) have not given approval to commence golf operations. Nevertheless, it is the Club’s current view that the course will not reopen based on the following:

1. The physical health of our members and staff is the only priority under these uncertain times.

2. Our Pro shop professionals have also advised that they do not wish to assist in conducting a game of golf under these circumstances and exposing their staff. They too have a very serious responsibility to address.

3. Managing the game of golf with the current restrictions imposed make it very difficult to ensure your own health and safety. Issues proposed such as sanitising carts after every use, restricting one person per cart, allowing only 2-3 people in the proshop at any one time, policing social distancing and ensuring no outside gatherings of more than 10 people, make it very difficult to control. The current restriction as advised by the government is that only 5 persons are able to attend a wedding and only 10 persons are able to attend a funeral. This more then underlines the seriousness of this situation.

4. The long term financial viability of our club is most important during this time and to ensure we can re-open as soon as legally possible and safe to do so.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information