Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by pt73 View Post
    I just don’t get it.

My club has set limits based on member category (7 day v 5 day) of how many rounds you can have per week. Given we only have 1st tee starts, play in twos and 6 minutes between groups it’s fair so more people can get a game now that daylight savings has ended.

Today the club announced that around 40 members are flouting these rules, go figure.

Get caught doing that more than once is now a 14 day suspension of playing rights which locks them out of the booking system.
    PT, I would be a fair chance of naming at least half of them.

If ever you wanted to go hard and have the support of the overall membership it's now, one month suspension and put their names on the notice board and newsletter. Won't happen given the boomers are in control and a fair few would be their mates.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    3PP, they can sell it to you out of a drink cart is the law about BYO?
    Yep, it’s a BYO thing. AFAIK because pubs/clubs are closed the club isn’t allowed to sell alcohol and the whole course is the licensed area.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Yep, it’s a BYO thing. AFAIK because pubs/clubs are closed the club isn’t allowed to sell alcohol and the whole course is the licensed area.
    They can sell Take Away Grog, but under the Health Direction no Alcohol can be served or consumed on the premises. The entire course is Licensed, not just the Clubhouse. And BYO Alcohol contravenes the Liquor License (Responsible Service).

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Apart from it being difficult to support the claim you’re exercising, the liquor licensing laws in Queensland don’t allow it. That’ll be one of the reasons no action is taken I suspect.
    I know that it is not allowed, I was wondering why there is outrage here though.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I know that it is not allowed, I was wondering why there is outrage here though.
    The issue is the Health Direction violation and the potential for the club to be shutdown because of it, then no one plays golf. Wasn't that one of the reasons Nudgee management originally gave when they decided to not open? I know a few Club GMs hammer on about it pretty hard;

Last edited by Daves; 30th April 2020 at 01:34 PM.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Looks like we are possibly going to groups of 4 may 9th...

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

ACT Covid free

Talk of final rounds of Pennant being played and groups of 4 a distinct possibility. Woohoo

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Where's that mail coming from Nemo? Two people allowed around to your house from tomorrow but 4s at golf.....

The club!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, just heard on the news how quickly things are gonna open up, mind you I'm saving a small fortune with the pub closed

Thanks mate, just heard on the news how quickly things are gonna open up, mind you I'm saving a small fortune with the pub closed
    lol, likewise

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I hope your club information comes true, Captain.

We have just announced an amazingly complex lottery/ballot booking system, where you enter the ballot, find out if you are successful 1 minute before the sheet opens, and have 2 minutes to make your booking. If you don't do it in 2 minutes you lose it. I'm imagining riots in the streets if the website crashes.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Major Winner

Strange how it seems a lot more people want to play Golf now then before C-19 Melt Down resulting in limited playing positions.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Strange how it seems a lot more people want to play Golf now then before C-19 Melt Down resulting in limited playing positions.
    We've had more public this year, with only 2 balls and limited spots available than we did last year in 4 balls.

Our course opened up to foursomes yesterday.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

PT, I would be a fair chance of naming at least half of them.

If ever you wanted to go hard and have the support of the overall membership it's now, one month suspension and put their names on the notice board and newsletter. Won't happen given the boomers are in control and a fair few would be their mates.
    Mick,

I agree, name and shame plus a 1 month suspension but the current board won’t punish their mates.

Pathetic excuses like “someone else booked me in” don’t work as every booking sends you a confirmation email, so they can’t count either.

PT

I had my first comp round during this pandemic today.

It is very weird playing in a group of two. Even stranger for me, was that my playing partner wasn't even in the comp. It was a 73 year old Asian woman in a cart, who I had been warned by the pro shop that she could be quite rude. I didn't have any problems with that really, as we barely talked. However, she was always in front of me, since she was a short hitter and could tee off before me, or the tees were well forward, and she even finished out holes before my ball was on the green sometimes. There was no ball searching help on the few times that I had a little trouble finding my ball too. It was like playing by myself, but not quite.

The momentum of the round was great though. Pretty much every hole I could play my shot after arriving at my ball. I had to wait on most tees though, as my playing partners usual partners were also short hitter, but they also seemed to be waiting on the group in front of them.

The round was pretty much bang on three hours. If golf only took this long all of the time, it would be a much more appealing sport to more people.

Can you get penalised 2 stroke slow play for not keeping up with your own group?
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Word from the Pres yesterday is that there is a good chance will be back to groups of 4 tomorrow for Qld golfers.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Word from the Pres yesterday is that there is a good chance will be back to groups of 4 tomorrow for Qld golfers.
    Great news!!

Hope it happens. My social club had been limited to 7 pairs for next Sunday and with over 20 wanting to play was going to be drawing names from a hat. Won't need to do that if we can have groups of 4.

Fingers crossed but I doubt it.

“Queensland will again ease COVID-19 contact restrictions from Mother's Day this Sunday to allow up to five members from one household to visit another home.

"We don't think that will increase risk. It's about one household going to another household," Chief Medical Officer Jeannette Young said.”

Not a single other thing mentioned. Even so if they make changes tomorrow afternoon it will be too late to make changes to weekend comps.

Could this mean the national cabinet is meeting tomorrow to discuss relaxation of the lockdown and commmunity sport is one item on the agenda.

Keep it to two. I've booked for Monday and would prefer to not have to talk to more then one person. This pandemic is great for us introverts.

Good news in the news just released by the PM. The exact outcome and dates will be decided by the states, but seems like stage one should see us back to groups of 4.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Still groups of 2 at Nudgee for Sunday week, here's hoping the decision is made soon and we can amend the groups.

Thread Information