Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Our Wednesday and Saturday round time sheets are set up for 5 minute intervals, and are fully booked with long waiting lists. Pre Pandemic the intervals were 7 minutes and two tees. Morning rounds seem to be able to finish in reasonable times, it is the afternoon where the times are stretching out. It seems to be just one or two groups that are holding everyone else up. I heard stories early on of groups congregating on Par 3 tees to have their own NTP comps, hopefully that got stamped out quickly. I noticed that other days time sheets are set at 6 minutes. I am playing tomorrow (afternoon) and Friday (morning). It will be interesting to see the speed of play differences, if any.

Pre Covid, I often played a social round with an 80+ member, both of us walking, and it was always under 3.5 hours. I can do sub 2hrs by myself, if there isn't too much traffic in front.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

It is amazing how often a slow player denies themselves as being a problem and points out everyone else.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    It is amazing how often a slow player denies themselves as being a problem and points out everyone else.
    It’s a slow thing coming to that conclusion.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    I time each of my rounds using my Garmin.

Today was 3:28
    Monday, mid field, 3:23
    The week before as a single after work - 2:15, and 2.3km less walking searching for balls!!!

A normal mid field round was 4:20ish as a 4some.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

What’s all this fascination with time, ffs.....

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

More people get to play ffs

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    More people get to play ffs
    This.When you are playing in 2s with restricted field sizes, speed of play matters.And if I am going out before 7, I expect a quick round, not a sloth.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Looks like normal comps are back on at club but at 2 per flight restriction

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    What’s all this fascination with time, ffs.....
    All about getting as many out while maintaining the distancing.

I’ve played twice in 2balls and it’s been under 3hrs - closer to 2:45 actually.

Our club will reopen this Weekend with slots from 6:30-14:30, 10 minutes apart- essentially only 96 players per day.

We have based this off 3:30 average round time. If we can prove that we can get around in 3:00 or less that allows us to maintain the 10 minute spacing and extend the tee times and allow us to get 120 or more a game of golf.

There’s talk of the 2 person limit being possibly lifted after Anzac Day, essentially going back to the original groups of 10 (which South Australia has maintained)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Bushy, if it helps your argument, we are playing in two's at 6 minute intervals, and it is working fine.

At the moment our last comp tee off is 1.30, and the players are getting in well before dark. I suspect the last tee time will extend to 2.00pm soon.

I don't know about other states, but I suspect NSW will stay with current arrangements for some time. There seems to be no desire to relax social distancing requirements. Maybe that will change if schools go back and there is no increase in cases. But if there is an increase, be satisfied with what we currently have.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    All about getting as many out while maintaining the distancing.

I’ve played twice in 2balls and it’s been under 3hrs - closer to 2:45 actually.

Our club will reopen this Weekend with slots from 6:30-14:30, 10 minutes apart- essentially only 96 players per day.

We have based this off 3:30 average round time. If we can prove that we can get around in 3:00 or less that allows us to maintain the 10 minute spacing and extend the tee times and allow us to get 120 or more a game of golf.

There’s talk of the 2 person limit being possibly lifted after Anzac Day, essentially going back to the original groups of 10 (which South Australia has maintained)
    You only need 1 group to go round in 3.30 and every subsequent group does. If you take all the 3:30 players out 3 hours is easy for everybody.

With 10 minute gaps and assuming nobody is putting out you’d think it’d be fairly easy.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

No putting out?

We trialled 4 min tee times during week and it was ok, on the Saturday however...40 mins behind...at the end of the day who cares if golf pace is slow, be thankful you can play.
    We have since made tee times 6 min intervals. Spread main Saturday comp over two days, however you can’t okay both days , and tues wed thurs are medly comps

You’re on a committee aren’t you?

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Autonomous Collective

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhelmo View Post
    We trialled 4 min tee times during week and it was ok, on the Saturday however...40 mins behind...at the end of the day who cares if golf pace is slow, be thankful you can play.
    We have since made tee times 6 min intervals. Spread main Saturday comp over two days, however you can’t okay both days , and tues wed thurs are medly comps
    The one issue that would affect tee time gaps would be how the first hole plays. We are lucky to start with a par 5 that big hitters can reach. Fortunately all the short hitters like me don't have to wait for the big hitters to hit their second, so the field flows well off the 1st.

Cairns has a short par 4 where the big hitters probably need to wait for the green to clear, so short tee gaps may not work. Indeed. if I was Cairns I'd swap the nines around. The 10th would be a much better starting hole to get the field away.

So I guess it isn't a one size fits all situation.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    No putting out?
    Raised cups? If you’ve just got to hit it rather than hike it that’ll save time

You would still 3 putt
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Raised cups? If you’ve just got to hit it rather than hike it that’ll save time
    the ball still hoes in the hole (in NSW). It’s just sitting in a way that you don’t have to touch the flag to retrieve it.

Having the “hole” out of the hole makes it putt putt

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

If two girls play together can they use one raised cup?

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Yesterday's round took 3.5hrs, the fastest yet. But it was 2hrs the front, and 1.5 the back. We teed off at the back of the field (6min intervals) , and actually got to tee off 10 minutes early, which we thought was a good sign... But the crawl started as soon as we got to the 2nd tee, and didn't let off till the 11/12th, when suddenly the field started moving without any waiting. It was almost a full field, but no waiting list.

Today is another 6 minute interval day. The Tee sheet is fully booked with a small waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Cairns has a short par 4 where the big hitters probably need to wait for the green to clear, so short tee gaps may not work. Indeed. if I was Cairns I'd swap the nines around. The 10th would be a much better starting hole to get the field away.

So I guess it isn't a one size fits all situation.
    10th is our starting hole while we have 1 tee starts. Issue is there’s a water fronted par 3 next. That’s where the hold up usually is.

Then back to back 5’s tends to get the flow.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Keperra at 7 min intervals now.
    Played yesterday's comp and completed in 2hrs 55 min. No idea how Saturday pace is but it would hopefully be better than the usual 4 hr 30 min....

Junior Member Ignores golf results on Sports Tonight

Has anybody else found that the current situation has helped their handicap?

Personally I have dropped from 12 to 8.

I was trying for 18months to crack single figures beforehand.

I play 2 or 3 times each week, always have. I was thinking that the limit of two players maybe is helping me as the game “flows” better - less waiting and a faster game??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information