Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast
    Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

What if the golf course isn't your "local" course?

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Good question! Probably need to interpret that in light of we are not meant to be travelling far from our home.

Its a fuzzy grey line, but I would say that if you live in Brisbane, then GC or SC would be regarded as out of bounds.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    What if the golf course isn't your "local" course?
    There would be a lot of people in Melbourne tempted to drive across the border and play the Murray courses or the South Coast of NSW. Would they stop you just because you had a VIC plate?

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by flathook View Post
    There would be a lot of people in Melbourne tempted to drive across the border and play the Murray courses or the South Coast of NSW. Would they stop you just because you had a VIC plate?
    Probably not, unless you drew attention to yourself in some other way.

My understanding is that NSW Police are not pulling people over for the sake of it, and I don't think they are doing RBT's. But it's also double demerits over Easter, so they may be looking a bit closer at driver conduct.

A greater problem may be in getting a tee time.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

I'm fortunate enough to live within 10 minutes of McLeod, Gailes and Oxley, so if I want a hit it's not far to go. Might go have a hit on the weekend at one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsey86 View Post
    I'm fortunate enough to live within 10 minutes of McLeod, Gailes and Oxley, so if I want a hit it's not far to go. Might go have a hit on the weekend at one of them.
    in a few Sydney courses you need to book to play socially

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

hmmm... just saw on FB Hartfield is opening up for golf with the usual restrictions applied

COVID-19 Update - Open to Members OnlyThe committee of Hartfield Country Club have made the decision, based on all current advice available, to re-open the course for play beginning Saturday 11th April. The course is open to Members only and bookings must be made via the online tee sheet, this is a strict directive that no golf can be played without a booking.
    Further information can be found in the members online portal.
    Members must strictly observe all social distancing rules which includes but is not limited to:
    - Members cannot play in groups larger than 2 players
    - Maintaining 1.5 meters distance
    - All practice facilities including chipping and putting greens are closed
    - Play is only available to members who book via the online tee sheet
    - Members to report to the tee-box no more than 5 minutes prior to tee time
    - Only one person per golf cart
    - Gatherings of no more than 2 people apply to the clubhouse, car park and all other areas of the course
    - The clubhouse is closed with no beverage or food service

We ask all members to ensure they follow the guidelines so that golf can continue to be played safely. The safety of members and staff is the number one priority of the club so if you are unwell please stay home and help stop the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    in a few Sydney courses you need to book to play socially
    Yeah it's the same with these ones, plenty of times available though.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

My home course is in NSW, I live in Vic.

Given they are trying to restrict non-essential travel I would not be going to the golf course either way, but we (my family) are probably self policing harder than what the authorities are saying.

The whole idea of essential is so grey. Whether it is essential travel, essential services, whatever...what I see as essential is different to anyone else.

Son said we will have to go for a bit soon as he can take a family member as a guest , trouble is his home course is about an hour away fromWhere I live
    Last edited by Blackhelmo; 10th April 2020 at 11:15 AM.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Loving the fact that 3 hours is now deemed a slow round.

Senior Member Major Winner

Golf can be quick in pairs as long as there’s not a slow person on their own holding all the pairs up like witnessed at Strathalbyn today.
    Saw some doing the wrong thing. A couple of groups more than 2 persons and some dills handling the flag stick.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 10th April 2020 at 07:05 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Unfortunately you should report them, they’ll funk it up for everyone.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Unfortunately you should report them, they’ll funk it up for everyone.
    This.It only takes one or two people to screw it for everyone

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    Loving the fact that 3 hours is now deemed a slow round.
    I wish! All of our 2 person rounds so far have take 4 hours or more. The reason?, apparently there is a slow group that insist on booking themselves in the early morning field, so the whole field behind them (90+ players) have to wait. You can actually work out when they finish, because the field suddenly starts moving. The Pro shop won't do anything about it, because "they are entitled to play when they want to"!! I gather one of them has a disability so non one wants to say anything.

Holler for a marshall!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I wish! All of our 2 person rounds so far have take 4 hours or more. The reason?, apparently there is a slow group that insist on booking themselves in the early morning field, so the whole field behind them (90+ players) have to wait. You can actually work out when they finish, because the field suddenly starts moving. The Pro shop won't do anything about it, because "they are entitled to play when they want to"!! I gather one of them has a disability so non one wants to say anything.
    That’s absolute bullish!t. A strongly worded letter needs to be forthcoming.

Or the alternative...

You can’t discriminate against cripples
    Forum needs more banter.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

The pennant team is entitled to play just like anyone else

From RQ
    We are collecting data for times per round in the 2-ball format. Early indications show times between 2 hours and 50 minutes through to 3 hours and 30 minutes. I believe times between 3 hours and 5 minutes and 3 hours and 15 minutes are appropriate.

The time per round will become an even more serious issue in the coming months when days are shorter. Please be considerate of other Members and maintain your position in the field.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Holler for a marshall!
    It was the Marshall (Pro Shop Manager) that was telling me they were entitled to play when they wanted, and that 4 hrs + wasn't bad!

It was the Marshall (Pro Shop Manager) that was telling me they were entitled to play when they wanted, and that 4 hrs + wasn't bad!
    no one is entitled more than anyone else, it would almost be fair for clubs to alternate so that the same people can’t lead fields every week. Send them to the back every now and then.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Yes they can play where they want but they should also be aware of the field behind them and if they fall a hole behind then they should let the next group through.
    Common courtesy I would have thought but obviously not too common these days!
    4 hours for a two ball is ridiculously slow.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Very poorly run Club.

Thread Information