Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Fine withdrawn, maybe not so simple...
    Apparently not.

Deputy Police Commissioner Shane Patton said he had spoken to the local Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill and they would review the fine.

"Although we are satisfied that was a lawfully issued infringement, I've spoken with the assistant commissioner for the region and in conjunction with the member we will be looking at whether discretion should or could be applied in this circumstance," he said.

Mr Patton said they would decide whether to withdraw the fine "in due course".

"Are we able to send a message to the public without having to fine in this circumstance?" he said.

"I think the fact it's being raised has given actual clarity to the circumstance, so, it's quite possible it will be withdrawn because the public are now aware they can't do that activity unless, of course, it's mixed in with driving to the shops, you are exempt to go and buy food, those sorts of things."

Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton on Monday afternoon supported the decision to issue the fine, saying driving lessons were considered "non-essential travel".

"There’s lots of things we’d all like to do right now, but this is not the world we live in at the moment," he said.

Police Minister Lisa Neville agreed with Dr Sutton.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Yet driving lessons in NSW are permissable.

I am somewhat surprised by the number of people I know who are going to the South Coast for Easter and the school holidays. Honestly...

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I am somewhat surprised by the number of people I know who are going to the South Coast for Easter and the school holidays. Honestly...
    The easter traffic reports will be interesting won't they. The government might start recouping some lost income, out of fools who don't understand the issues they're creating.

I genuinely hope anyone down there this week with Canberra number plates gets pulled over regularly or cops a thousand buck fine. Dickheads

The NSW South Coast has the oldest population in NSW, with sweet FA ICU beds

Its just arrogant, careless behaviour

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

And no, I am not one for a massive police state...

Chopperlink

WITB

I don't get too much news during the day, but my wife just informed me that social distancing could remain until a cure is found? There'll be lots more whining and carry on until people start to accept the new reality, if that's the case.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I can't comprehend how people think it is okay to go on a holiday to another destination at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    I don't get too much news during the day, but my wife just informed me that social distancing could remain until a cure is found? There'll be lots more whining and carry on until people start to accept the new reality, if that's the case.
    From a reliable source, the Federal Government is expecting social distancing laws in place for 18 months or more. When people say the world won't be the same after this, they are very right.

Chopperlink

WITB

From a reliable source, the Federal Government is expecting social distancing laws in place for 18 months or more
    I have been expecting that, but I hope not as severe as they are now.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 3oneday View Post
    A cure eh, well I will be inside for the term of my life, they haven't found a cure for cancer, diabetes, HIV, MS, Alzheimers, Parkinsons………….etc

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I can't comprehend how people think it is okay to go on a holiday to another destination at the moment.
    There is a section of the community that think these (and other) restrictions are for everyone else but them. They don't comprehend because that would involve thinking about others rather than themselves. Unfortunately, it seems to have been a growing proportion of the community that think this way. And it transcend generations, I see as many "entitled" Boomers, as any other generation grouping. I suspect that some (hopefully many) might have a "come to jesus" moment before this whole thing ends. My perception is the general public aren't as willing to tolerate "entitlement" as they have in the past.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

They might be in for a rude shock. One our members got stopped at Nowra coming north to the Gong at a quasi road block sussing out inter-region movement a few days back. He was sweet coming this way due to helping family, but was told good luck coming back

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Australia
    @Australia
    · Dec 26, 2019
    Dear United Kingdom,
    Your besties across the ocean are calling. Telephone receiver
    Love,
    Your mates in Australia
    #matesong

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    +1Bunch of selfish flogs. Complete moron's.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    There is a section of the community that think these (and other) restrictions are for everyone else but them. They don't comprehend because that would involve thinking about others rather than themselves. Unfortunately, it seems to have been a growing proportion of the community that think this way. And it transcend generations, I see as many "entitled" Boomers, as any other generation grouping. I suspect that some (hopefully many) might have a "come to jesus" moment before this whole thing ends. My perception is the general public aren't as willing to tolerate "entitlement" as they have in the past.
    One of many examples of the "Entitled" doing their thing;

https://www.redlandcitybulletin.com....el-says-mayor/

I have observed a number of Gin Palaces heading out onto Bay for the LWE. I was told that a GP Boatie replied to a friend pointing out they would probably be fined $1334 each - Pfff small change...
    Last edited by Daves; 11th April 2020 at 07:34 AM.

Thread Information