Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default NSW Central Coast trip

Folks,I'm organising a small getaway to the Central Coast with some buddies for the first week of April. Basing ourselves somewhere around Gosford, leaving Sydney Saturday morning, returning Tuesday arvo. At this stage they just want to play one round a day (lightweights!).My plan is Magenta, Newcastle, Kooindah. For those in the know, would Shelley Beach be a decent course to ease ourselves into it on the Saturday arvo? Would it be worth playing Pacific Dunes on the day we're up at Newcastle if the lads are up for it? Hoping for as many rounds as possible to be comp rounds. At this stage we'll be a group of four. Thanks in advance, FJ.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyJuzzy View Post
    Folks,I'm organising a small getaway to the Central Coast with some buddies for the first week of April. Basing ourselves somewhere around Gosford, leaving Sydney Saturday morning, returning Tuesday arvo. At this stage they just want to play one round a day (lightweights!).My plan is Magenta, Newcastle, Kooindah. For those in the know, would Shelley Beach be a decent course to ease ourselves into it on the Saturday arvo? Would it be worth playing Pacific Dunes on the day we're up at Newcastle if the lads are up for it? Hoping for as many rounds as possible to be comp rounds. At this stage we'll be a group of four. Thanks in advance, FJ.
    I'd skip Pac Dunes and head to Horizons. Less of a slog and more fun. Bit of a longer drive there though.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

FJ, thought about Belmont as an option (under an hour from Gosford) I had a game there over Xmas and thought it was a pretty good track albeit nothing like the conditioning standard of Magenta. Haven't played Shelley.

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

FJ, I can help with Magenta at members guest rates. Send me a PM if you like.

Shelly just cored their greens today, and it's a really nice public parkland course with ocean views and a great clubhouse but it's short and busy so you'll take 5+ hours on a Saturday arvo. It's usually in good nick. Much better option than Gosford or Everglades.

Belmont is an awesome track which doesn't get enough credit. Used to hold massive events there too. Well worth the drive and you can stop at caves beach or the like on the way back.

Newcastle is a must, and as Benno said Horizons more fun than Pac dunes. If you play kooindah then you'll have played Pac dunes (almost).

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Oh and the Magenta open amateur is on the 5th April. Social tee times from 2pm. If you go that day or the Monday the course should be in top nick. Greens Sunday will be quick!

Thread Information