Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

Not a bad day but another round which 'could have been'. Eagle on 10 was good, double on 18 (including the 3 putt) was annoying. Hit a great 6 iron for my 3rd shot but caught a flyer and air mailed the green.

3 weeks in a row the last 3 holes have bit me but they are just damn hard. Especially off the plates.

Still won the medal and scratch score so can't complain.

76/69

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Shot day. Can't hit my irons... Big drives but shot 2nd shots doesn't help the scores

28 points off 12 hdcp

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

2nd last at Nudgee and nudgee was 2nd last at RQ.

I won 5 and 3 in my match for the SA Public Course Pennants Div 2 Final today. My team (North Haven), were up against Mawson Lakes and got up 4 1/2, 3 1/2.

This is our second Div 2 Pennant in three years.

Not bad for a little course few know about and fewer care about.

Each week we scrambled to find enough bods to field a team and yet, we ended up beating teams several times our size. Well done team!

And, we get the last laugh on all those who left us last season saying we were toast without them.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Pan View Post
    I won 5 and 3 in my match for the SA Public Course Pennants Div 2 Final today. My team (North Haven), were up against Mawson Lakes and got up 4 1/2, 3 1/2.

This is our second Div 2 Pennant in three years.

Not bad for a little course few know about and fewer care about.

Each week we scrambled to find enough bods to field a team and yet, we ended up beating teams several times our size. Well done team!

And, we get the last laugh on all those who left us last season saying we were toast without them.
    Nice work HP
    Got the bad ones out of the way like I said on Saturday
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Nice work HP
    Got the bad ones out of the way like I said on Saturday
    Thanks Hatch. Getting the bad putts out of the way definitely helped!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Played Black Bull this morning with a client and his brother.All off similar GA so played of the blacks.Wind was up a little for the first couple of hrs,sun was out and it made for good golf.They were in a cart while I carried a half set again.Ended shooting 81 ots.Checked the slope rating after the game and I would have been off 11,so more than happy with my score.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

The pressure was on today. My only low flag round was dropping off, so I needed to score to avoid the slippery handicap slide.

Amazingly, I came good with my best round since last August. It was 'only' 37 points, but a good score on a reasonably difficult day. The definite highlight was a 3 wood to 2 feet and a 4 pointer birdie.

The downside was playing with a visitor who was one of the slowest players I've ever seen. He was a relative beginner who seemed to have learned the game by watching the pro's on TV. He had a full pre-shot routine, including readjusting his tee height every time, two practice swings, clean the dirt off his clubface, then pull back and line up, Justin Rose style, then hit a bad one. 100 metres later, he'd go through it again. On the green was worse. If I were a member of his club (Byron Bay) he'd be on my blacklist.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    The pressure was on today. My only low flag round was dropping off, so I needed to score to avoid the slippery handicap slide.Amazingly, I came good with my best round since last August. It was 'only' 37 points, but a good score on a reasonably difficult day. The definite highlight was a 3 wood to 2 feet and a 4 pointer birdie.The downside was playing with a visitor who was one of the slowest players I've ever seen. He was a relative beginner who seemed to have learned the game by watching the pro's on TV. He had a full pre-shot routine, including readjusting his tee height every time, two practice swings, clean the dirt off his clubface, then pull back and line up, Justin Rose style, then hit a bad one. 100 metres later, he'd go through it again. On the green was worse. If I were a member of his club (Byron Bay) he'd be on my blacklist.
    Of you didn't tell him to hurry up, you are part of the problem.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Stableford today at Maryborough

Played pretty poorly around the front, bogeying 1,5,6,7 and 9. All pretty slack efforts really. 8 was a pearler triple (wipe) - overcooking a punch out straight into the lake on the other side of the fairway. Turned on 13pts.

Started the back 9 with 2 really lazy bogies, but fought hard from there to pick up birdies on 13 and 15 - pars everywhere else and a bogey on the tough 17th to finish the back 9 +1 off the stick and 22 points.

13/22 35
    2 birds
    7 pars (6 up and down)
    29 putts
    1 3jig

Decent flag replaced by OK flag, went out 0.2. Considering I was 15pts after 11, I'll begrudgingly take that.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post

Played pretty poorly around the front, bogeying 1,5,6,7 and 9. All pretty slack efforts really. 8 was a pearler triple (wipe) - overcooking a punch out straight into the lake on the other side of the fairway. Turned on 13pts.

Started the back 9 with 2 really lazy bogies, but fought hard from there to pick up birdies on 13 and 15 - pars everywhere else and a bogey on the tough 17th to finish the back 9 +1 off the stick and 22 points.

13/22 35
    2 birds
    7 pars (6 up and down)
    29 putts
    1 3jig

Decent flag replaced by OK flag, went out 0.2. Considering I was 15pts after 11, I'll begrudgingly take that.
    Nice recovery flusha.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

13/22 35
    2 birds
    7 pars (6 up and down)
    29 putts
    1 3jig

Fighter

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

38 points (18 front, 20 back) at Richmond today.

Greens were sanded and cored early last week and not quite back up to speed, but my ball striking was the best it's been in ages.

Major annoyance though was being about 5m short of the par 5 16th green in 2 and ending up with a bogey, but otherwise things were very encouraging.

2nd overall in the individual and 1st in the 2 ball as I left, with only a few groups left to come in.

34 points.
    1 x wipe
    24 putts.
    Ball striking Good,club selection poor

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    34 points.
    1 x wipe
    24 putts.
    Ball striking Good,club selection poor

If only you had more clubs to choose from?

Couple of rounds at Maryborough.

Yesterday stableford off the whites.

Pretty good off the tee, didnt do much else. Played dumb golf - overly aggressive in some of the windiest conditions I have played in saw a number of wipes. Was pretty decent off the tee, didn't do anything else of highlight.

11/14 25
    5 pars
    2 3jigs
    1 unhappy camper

Today stableford off the blues.

Total reversal of fortune, started well with 5 straight pars. Poor iron shots on 6, 7, and 9 lead to weak bogies, turning +3 for 18pts. Played the back 9 really well, including a miraculous birdy on 13 from under the over hanging trees on 14. Wind was up again, but played the tough into the wind finishing 2 holes strongly for a couple of pars.

Real highlight of the day was my short game. 7 up and down pars kept my putt count low.

18/21 39
    1 bird
    11 pars
    27 putts
    0 3jigs

If only you had more clubs to choose from?
    If only I could hot a green in reg

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Single Stableford at Half Moon Bay. Tee'd off the 10 and was playing pretty solidly until wiping the 17th and 18th. Played better on the second nine but another wipe on 8 killed off any hope of playing to handicap. My play today was very Jekyll and Hyde.

12 / 19 for 31 pts.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

35 points off 12hdcp with 2 holes wipe.
    Irons are getting better but still have some occasional open with not releasing my swing and 2 casting down swing resulting massive pulled shots into the bush. Putting was ok with a few close misses

Last weekend, played my first round in 7 months. 80/72 around Jindalee. I was a little hesitant early in the round with my irons due to my wrists, but all in all fairly happy with it.
    TM R1 - Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TXTaylor Made 200 Tour 15 Prolite 35X Taylor Made 300Forged 2 Iron Rifle 6.0 Nike Victory Red TW 3-PW Project X 6.0 Nike VR 52°, Vokey SM7 58/12Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5/ Prototype Cameron Long Neck

Six and five, to make it 3 from 3 in B handicap pennant.

We won 5.5 to .5, have our side of the draw won with a week to go so avoiding the burglars at Yass, and have 11 players qualified in case of virus outbreaks.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Six and five, to make it 3 from 3 in B handicap pennant.

We won 5.5 to .5, have our side of the draw won with a week to go so avoiding the burglars at Yass, and have 11 players qualified in case of virus outbreaks.
    What’s the cutoff for B grade pennant. Up in North QLD it’s 9.5

Had a game with the social club at Redcliffe today, ended up with 102. Back 9 was noticeably better than the front (+10 v +21). Hit the driver reasonably well, only one bad slice today with the rest either straight down the fairway or pushed off the edge a bit. Didn't hit irons that great but neither did anyone else in my group really. Tried out 3 different balls, Callaway superhot and supersoft which weren't too different off the tee and fairways although the latter had better control around the greens. Was pleasing to hit a few chips that didn't roll very far. Also tried a ProV1x and although I hit it fine, it didn't feel as nice as the other two. Probably better suited to faster swings than mine. I'll probably stick with the Callaway ones from now on, I think they suit my level better.

B Scratch is 10.0 on January 1st.B Handicap is an open handicap Matchplay. No minimum, but a max daily of 18.

Chopperlink

WITB

Thread Information