Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default Strong hand grip

During the last practice session, I was playing with the the club face on alignment to try to work on draw and fade shots (just experimenting)
    This involves my normal alignment and club head address, with rotating the club face prior to the swing (not my turning the hands)

I found that when I have the club face on the close position, the contact was much cleaner and ball flights were generally higher (eg. 5i has been previously measured at 18m, increased to 22-25m height)

now based on the new club face, which if I were to straighten it up with hand grip, it shows that it is a more stronger grip to how I previously held the club.

Is this an advisable adjustment I should be thinking off? or is this a bandage solution? I thought I have a neutral grip with my left thumb on the middle on the grip point. But some instructions mentioned it should be to the right of it, so my current grip might be too weak?

My previous longer iron shots would be a thin low flight with long ball roll; shorter irons has decent ball flights with misses usually to the left for all shots. FW Woods and hybrids tend to be a flippy hand left hook with the occasional right push.

According to previous swing analysis, I have a inside out swing path with an open face.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    During the last practice session, I was playing with the the club face on alignment to try to work on draw and fade shots (just experimenting)
    This involves my normal alignment and club head address, with rotating the club face prior to the swing (not my turning the hands)

I found that when I have the club face on the close position, the contact was much cleaner and ball flights were generally higher (eg. 5i has been previously measured at 18m, increased to 22-25m height)

now based on the new club face, which if I were to straighten it up with hand grip, it shows that it is a more stronger grip to how I previously held the club.

Is this an advisable adjustment I should be thinking off? or is this a bandage solution? I thought I have a neutral grip with my left thumb on the middle on the grip point. But some instructions mentioned it should be to the right of it, so my current grip might be too weak?

My previous longer iron shots would be a thin low flight with long ball roll; shorter irons has decent ball flights with misses usually to the left for all shots. FW Woods and hybrids tend to be a flippy hand left hook with the occasional right push.

According to previous swing analysis, I have a inside out swing path with an open face.
    The way grips are referred to as strong and weak is misleading. John Rahm has a "weak" grip and is one of the longest hitters on tour. Zach Johnson has a "strong grip" and is a short hitter on tour.

Thread Information