Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Cracked Cobra F9 driver

So I just go home from the range. My Cobra F9 has cracked across the top line. No abuse or anything, just normal hitting.

I obviously don't have a receipt for this one. Bought off gumtree. So hoping because it's fairly new it can just be replaced....

Does anyone have any experience with repairs/warranty in Australia with Cobra?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

I had a scenario with Cobra maybe 2-3 years ago where my Ltd Pro driver snapped at the hosel of the shaft and because I bought it used, they couldn't do anything for me.

Best of luck

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by keymaster View Post
    So I just go home from the range. My Cobra F9 has cracked across the top line. No abuse or anything, just normal hitting.

I obviously don't have a receipt for this one. Bought off gumtree. So hoping because it's fairly new it can just be replaced....

Does anyone have any experience with repairs/warranty in Australia with Cobra?
    I’d email then some pictures, they should come to the party. I bought a 2nd or 3rd hand G30 that cracked at the hosel and PING replaced it with very few questions.

TM replaced my M2 that was 2nd (or maybe 8th) hand and no proof of purchase. I contacted TM directly and they advised the only way they could do it was through a retailer not just direct through me. Just told the store I bought it from a mate who bought it interstate and can’t find the receipt. Got sorted pretty quick after that.

If cobra won’t sort it out for you try going through your pro shop or retail store.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Ping will replace a head for any issue below the hosel. Have replaced Ping driver and iron heads (eg badges falling off), many years old, for free and no questions asked. They even replaced a Ping shaft that snapped just above the hosel on one occasion.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Cobra don't have good customer service in Australia. I had an issue with a hybrid a few years ago, took 3 emails + a phone call to get a 'we can't help you' response.

PING are exceptional and always have been. I have heard Titleist are equally as good.

Cheers all.

Cobra have just confirmed I need to go through a retailer. It would be under warranty, but need to show proof of purchase.

Does anyone know if they keep track of the serial numbers when you buy clubs in a retail store? Or will any "proof of purchase" be ok?

Senior Member Major Winner

Wish you all the best in getting it replaced keymaster.

Ping are the Gold Class standard when it comes to replacing/repairing their clubs unless it plain and obvious the damage was from abuse. They stand by their product and once they have you a Ping user they like to try and keep you as Ping user for life.
    The others are all very much hit and miss from all reports depending on which way the wind seems to be blowing and who the local/area rep is at the time.
    Titleist have lifted the game in this area over the last decade and seem to be a little better than other brands not Ping.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Out of curiosity, do you notice any performance difference with the crack?

Quote Originally Posted by NewyMitch View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you notice any performance difference with the crack?
    As soon as it cracked, I stopped hitting it....

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Fair enough

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

I would send them photos and state that it is obviously a manufacturing flaw. I would also mention that you are on several large golf community websites and that if the head is not replaced, you will be advising said golfing communities of Cobra’s customer support policies! You also intend to write to the major golf magazines as well as the large online Facebook golf communities about Cobra driver design flaws! In other words, make it cheaper for them to replace it rather than wear the negetive effects of not replacing the head!

It will be sent back to the USA anyway!

Just my thoughts
    Gamers
    Ping G430 LST 9* Driver with CB55 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    TM Stealth 2 Hybrid with Nemeses 90 M4 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by petethepilot View Post
    I would send them photos and state that it is obviously a manufacturing flaw. I would also mention that you are on several large golf community websites and that if the head is not replaced, you will be advising said golfing communities of Cobra’s customer support policies! You also intend to write to the major golf magazines as well as the large online Facebook golf communities about Cobra driver design flaws! In other words, make it cheaper for them to replace it rather than wear the negetive effects of not replacing the head!

It will be sent back to the USA anyway!

Just my thoughts
    I would also mention Australia's Consumer Law (2011) which requires an item to be reasonably durable and fit for purpose, amongst other obligations. Given the F9 was only released at the end of 2018, and presumably has a serial number?, I can't see why they need a purchase receipt per sec.

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    I would also mention Australia's Consumer Law (2011) which requires an item to be reasonably durable and fit for purpose, amongst other obligations. Given the F9 was only released at the end of 2018, and presumably has a serial number?, I can't see why they need a purchase receipt per sec.
    Because he bought the item second hand via gumtree, Australian Consumer Law doesn't apply. Hence why they asked for a receipt (not unreasonably IMO).

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/prod...-seller-online

Thread Information