Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 PGA Tour

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

This looks like a spike to me.. Moving average is a good indicator. US just recorded its second most cases in a day yesterday at 36,000.

Attached Images
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I think the US had a "false" decline, while New York got things under control. If you take New York out of the picture, which was the early hotspot, it looks worse.

Is this tournament not on local Fox, besides a short package later?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    I think the US had a "false" decline, while New York got things under control. If you take New York out of the picture, which was the early hotspot, it looks worse.

Is this tournament not on local Fox, besides a short package later?
    Yes, not sure they’ll finish tonight. The last group still has a few holes to go and it’s looking dark.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

An entertaining finish - glad it ended today

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

While it appears an official announcement has not yet been made, a number of golf news outlets are reporting that the 2021 Ryder Cup will be postponed until next year, so that fans can attend without restriction.

I would agree with that position. The Ryder Cup is perhaps the one event that must have fans, and lots of them, to provide atmosphere. As we have seen the last two weeks, the regular events can survive with just TV coverage, but the Ryder Cup is different.

If it occurs, that would also mean the Presidents Cup would go back a year. No big deal, I'd reckon.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Cameron Champ just tested positive to Covid in the pre screening for this week's tournament. He had no symptoms.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 65g S
    5 Wood: Ping G425 w Tensei Orange AV Raw 75g S
    4 hybrid: Ping G w Alta R
    Irons: 5-PW Ping i210 w PX LZ 5.5
    Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50-10*, SM8 58-10*
    Putter: 2022 Bettinardi BB-8W, 35 inch
    Bag: Jones Original Carry Bag

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I just had a look at the overhead view of Hilton Head Island. Golf courses everywhere!!!!
    Insane isnt it. Imagine living there and deciding you will join a nearby course.

Not unreasonable real estate prices either. Which course would be the best?
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I read somewhere that it is only ranked the 10th best golf destination in the States.

Blog Entries

You would all tire of 6 hour rounds in carts!
    Gamers
    Ping G430 LST 9* Driver with CB55 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    TM Stealth 2 Hybrid with Nemeses 90 M4 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

I read somewhere that it is only ranked the 10th best golf destination in the States.
    I could imagine probably 5 in front pretty easily.

Bandon
    Pinehurst
    Streamsong
    Myrtle Beach
    Monterey

Quote Originally Posted by Flavzz View Post
    Cameron Champ just tested positive to Covid in the pre screening for this week's tournament. He had no symptoms.
    Some caddies including G McDowell's, have tested positive. Players are starting to get concerned and withdraw from the event.

Enjoy the golf we get to see over the next few days. It might be the last we get for a while if more tests come back positive.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Unfortunately not a surprise, Justin Thomas called the Hilton Head area a "zoo" last week.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/0...lton-head-zoo/

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

The internationals who decided to avoid the early return to tour are probably glad they made this decision

At what point does this weeks event get abandoned?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Blog Entries
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    The internationals who decided to avoid the early return to tour are probably glad they made this decision

At what point does this weeks event get abandoned?
    It’s only a couple of +ve’s, the other WD’s are precautionary so I’d suggest they’d need 5-10 confirmed cases amongst all on site to abandon the event. I’m sure there isn’t a number set in stone but the tour will have to assess.

I read a good article citing some evidence of the lax adherence to procedures by some players and caddies. Although its a lot different to here, face masks are treated almost as mandatory in the US. Anyone who has done any form of risk assessment knows that PPE is the method of last resort.

Social distancing and hygiene are still the best methods to prevent the spread.

Fingers crossed the players and caddies wake up and follow the steps.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    It’s only a couple of +ve’s, the other WD’s are precautionary so I’d suggest they’d need 5-10 confirmed cases amongst all on site to abandon the event. I’m sure there isn’t a number set in stone but the tour will have to assess.

I read a good article citing some evidence of the lax adherence to procedures by some players and caddies. Although its a lot different to here, face masks are treated almost as mandatory in the US. Anyone who has done any form of risk assessment knows that PPE is the method of last resort.

Social distancing and hygiene are still the best methods to prevent the spread.

Fingers crossed the players and caddies wake up and follow the steps.
    Everyone wearing face masks is a big part of the problem for the lack of respect for social distancing.
    False sense of Safety thinking just wearing a face mask is going to stop them contracting it.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

The players are still turning up with their full entourages and not nearly enough people are getting tested. The tour is pretending it’s a bubble, but Its nothing like that at all.

McDowell’s caddie tested positive after McDowell kicked him off his private jet and made him fly commercial because there wasn’t room on his jet. Who else is he flying with?

Cam Champ had a massage from his masseuse in the clubhouse between getting tested and getting the results, which were positive. He should be suspended.

The tour is a player run organization and the players don’t seem to want to change their routine at all. They need to **** off the trainers, dieticians, coaches, physios, managers and whatever the hell Bryson’s ‘team’ does and have only their caddies interacting with them.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    The players are still turning up with their full entourages and not nearly enough people are getting tested. The tour is pretending it’s a bubble, but Its nothing like that at all.

McDowell’s caddie tested positive after McDowell kicked him off his private jet and made him fly commercial because there wasn’t room on his jet. Who else is he flying with?

Cam Champ had a massage from his masseuse in the clubhouse between getting tested and getting the results, which were positive. He should be suspended.

The tour is a player run organization and the players don’t seem to want to change their routine at all. They need to **** off the trainers, dieticians, coaches, physios, managers and whatever the hell Bryson’s ‘team’ does and have only their caddies interacting with them.
    Yeah either do what’s required or it’s going to get shut down. Not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    The players are still turning up with their full entourages and not nearly enough people are getting tested. The tour is pretending it’s a bubble, but Its nothing like that at all. McDowell’s caddie tested positive after McDowell kicked him off his private jet and made him fly commercial because there wasn’t room on his jet. Who else is he flying with? Cam Champ had a massage from his masseuse in the clubhouse between getting tested and getting the results, which were positive. He should be suspended. The tour is a player run organization and the players don’t seem to want to change their routine at all. They need to **** off the trainers, dieticians, coaches, physios, managers and whatever the hell Bryson’s ‘team’ does and have only their caddies interacting with them.
    The only things the players, and therefore the tour, care about are being comfortable and making money.

A virus expert on the real risks on the PGA Tour:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-risks

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

What are everyone's thoughts on how the game is evolving? We've had -22 win last week at RBC Heritage, -15 under at Charles Schwab and today -10 after Round 1 at TPC River Highlands. Is anyone watching and thinks this is fun? I love watching but all you see is toptracer showing their drives, a pitch or a wedge and some putting. Does the PGA Tour need to change some elements of the equipment to allow for better spectacle? The strategy of lengthening courses has clearly not worked as DeChambeau has shown in the past weeks with his size and power..

Quote Originally Posted by maveric74 View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on how the game is evolving? We've had -22 win last week at RBC Heritage, -15 under at Charles Schwab and today -10 after Round 1 at TPC River Highlands. Is anyone watching and thinks this is fun? I love watching but all you see is toptracer showing their drives, a pitch or a wedge and some putting. Does the PGA Tour need to change some elements of the equipment to allow for better spectacle? The strategy of lengthening courses has clearly not worked as DeChambeau has shown in the past weeks with his size and power..

The total prize money for the PGA TOUR’s 49 official tournaments is a record $376 million for the 2019-20 season, with nine events in eight countries outside the United States. Another $70 million in prize money is awarded after the season-ending FedExCup playoffs.
    The PGA TOUR will bring in approximately $700 million annually through its latest television contracts with CBS, NBC and Golf Channel, according to reports. The newest media rights deal included significant rights-fee increases while keeping golf on broadcast television, thus ensuring the widest possible viewership.

https://www.thengfq.com/company/pga-tour/

There’s no real need to change anything.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

DC wont last long swinging like that. When his timing goes off he will hit it sideways.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post
    DC wont last long swinging like that. When his timing goes off he will hit it sideways.
    If we are talking about Bryson I tend to agree. But he is both The Scientist and The Hulk, so I'm not going to argue with him and his methods.

Perhaps the biggest news from Round 1 is that Collin Morikawa might miss the cut unless he goes low tomorrow. If this happens, he won't know what to do, as he hasn't missed a cut in his shortish career yet. I'll be cheering for him to keep the streak going.

Thread Information