Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Good to see the wind sort a few out yesterday, seems to be a good mix of some good young players coming through , and the usual old suspects ,Jed Morgan seems to have a good game , Matt Millar around the mark like he always seems to be , Min Woo should win it be interesting to see if he can handle the pressure of being in front , gee he can give the ball a smack and he’s not a big guy
    Looking forward to watching today

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Min Woo seems to get in his own way a lot. His chipping and pitching is a little erratic and seems to waste a lot of his distance. Will need to get his short game on point over the next few years if he is going to be any threat to the top 50

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

I was there on Sunday. No ropes, walking with the players, great atmosphere. Anne Van Dam hits it as good as most of the guys. Most of the girls, even many top 10 players just flip it around but Van Dam really flights it and spins it. Min Woo Lee is the real deal. Unbelievably good ball flight. I also followed Herbert and Fox and even though they hit it a mile they fight a little dip hook at the end of their flight. Hard to consistently compete when the ball wants to leave the fairway. Amazing how good some of the scoring was with that howling wind. Really enjoyed it and will try and get there again next year.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I hope that wasn't you taking the dogs for a view of the golf on Sunday, Flathook.

In terms of innovative strategies to bring in the crowds, I hope that doesn't take off. It is bad enough people bringing their toddlers and expecting them to be quiet, but dogs barking is another thing altogether. I'd love to have seen Colin Montgomerie's reaction to a dog barking in his backswing.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Personally not a big fan of dogs in crowds , but I do like the open concept of the tournament and the men and women playing on the same course, well done to Min Woo hopefully the start of big things for him he does look to have the goods
    Might be J Days chance for a win in Australia ...

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I hope that wasn't you taking the dogs for a view of the golf on Sunday, Flathook.

In terms of innovative strategies to bring in the crowds, I hope that doesn't take off. It is bad enough people bringing their toddlers and expecting them to be quiet, but dogs barking is another thing altogether. I'd love to have seen Colin Montgomerie's reaction to a dog barking in his backswing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopers Country View Post
    Personally not a big fan of dogs in crowds , but I do like the open concept of the tournament and the men and women playing on the same course, well done to Min Woo hopefully the start of big things for him he does look to have the goods
    Might be J Days chance for a win in Australia ...
    Yeah, don't understand the dog thing. And Min Woo had to stop on the 11th tee because of some fidgeting kids. Players also had to wait on the 14th tee for some brown's cows meandering up the fairway. I still don't think they need the ropes but could tighten up the crowd control a bit.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Yes, lets protect these poor souls from any distraction.

Any responsible dog owner, as any responsible parent with kids in tow, won't put themselves in a position where their animal will bother a player.

Maybe you'd support a cat renting facility at the entrance, they're pretty quiet
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Let the cats run around on the driving range.$100 prizemoney per cat.

They could sell tickets for that.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post

I'd play, probably buy a season ticket
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Quote Originally Posted by markTHEblake View Post

Rather watch this than a long drive event

Nice win to Michael Sim today at the QLDPGA at City G.C in Toowoomba.
    Originally Posted by sms316
    Without rules there is anarchy.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarro View Post
    Nice win to Michael Sim today at the QLDPGA at City G.C in Toowoomba.
    Thanks for the spoiler! No replay of the Us Tour (why not?) on Kayo, but there is a full replay of the Qld PGA, so I'm watching it now.

I don't know the course, but I imagine some Ozgolfers do. Looks hilly and tree lined and narrow, but also too short for pro standard players. 340m par 4's and 440 par 5's, even the uphill ones, just don't cut it, even for the C grade pro players.

Still, it's golf, and the coverage is quite good for what is clearly a low budget affair. I'm quite enjoying it.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

The greens on that course are its defence with some crazy breaks that are also hard to read. However for some reason the PGA wants to see birdies so are not setting the tough pins that the members often get. (i am a member)
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information