Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by flathook View Post
    I feel embarrassed every time I see the fanatics.
    Yep... The lowest common denominator of 'sport fan'... Cringe worthy... They also do package tours to Gallipoli... I did send the company an email to ask if the merchandise they sell and their supporters wear is actually made in Australia..No it's not - proud aussies indeed...

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    Yep... The lowest common denominator of 'sport fan'... Cringe worthy... They also do package tours to Gallipoli... I did send the company an email to ask if the merchandise they sell and their supporters wear is actually made in Australia..No it's not - proud aussies indeed...
    Is your patriotism threshold really whether the clothes someone wears are manufactured in Australia? Good luck with that.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Is your patriotism threshold really whether the clothes someone wears are manufactured in Australia? Good luck with that.
    That question may well be based on an assumption you've made.
    I have a dislike for companies that self promote via a sort of nationalistic fervour but don't back that up by supporting Australian manufacturers etc.
    The Fanatics appear to have set themselves up in the market as proudly Australian but don't completely back that up by their actions.
    I have no doubt that it bothers them very little as their target market i suspect would primarily be the uneducated bogan follower.

Quote Originally Posted by damoocow View Post
    That question may well be based on an assumption you've made.I have a dislike for companies that self promote via a sort of nationalistic fervour but don't back that up by supporting Australian manufacturers etc. The Fanatics appear to have set themselves up in the market as proudly Australian but don't completely back that up by their actions. I have no doubt that it bothers them very little as their target market i suspect would primarily be the uneducated bogan follower.
    The fanatics aren’t really my thing but applying some sort of ideological purity test like that seems a stretch. I’d imagine they add plenty to our GDP by directly and indirectly support lots of Australian businesses and are an Australian business themselves. I bet none of my clothes are made in Australia. Neither is my phone, TV, car... Only buying Australian made is ludicrous. We have no business manufacturing consumer goods.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

The main dick from The Fanatics moved on to start the "family friendly" We The People group. Every time that I've seen them, it looks like the same shit, but a different shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    The fanatics aren’t really my thing but applying some sort of ideological purity test like that seems a stretch. I’d imagine they add plenty to our GDP by directly and indirectly support lots of Australian businesses and are an Australian business themselves. I bet none of my clothes are made in Australia. Neither is my phone, TV, car... Only buying Australian made is ludicrous. We have no business manufacturing consumer goods.
    If you take your MBA hat off and read my last post it should be clear why i have a dislike for them. I don't make judgements based on economic factors.
    My logic may make no sense to many but i am comfortable with it.

Member Club member who plays rain, hail, shine

With bulk of the US team still playing in the Hero, instead over here in Aussie open, you think jet lag will favor the international?

Oosty, Scott, leishman, Pan, Ancer, Cam Smith are all playing Aussie Open, so they should be ready

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by darkeststar07; 7th December 2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeststar07 View Post
    With bulk of the US team still playing in the Hero, instead over here in Aussie open, you think jet lag will favor the international?Oosty, Scott, leishman, Pan, Ancer, Cam Smith are all playing Aussie Open, so they should be readySent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk
    Jetlag, not really, they'll arrive Monday and each have flown before. God I pray the greens are lightning quick

Member Club Champion

https://streamable.com/4x2h4

Got to give this bloke hell next week.
    Last edited by Pickles; 7th December 2019 at 08:14 AM.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I never had jetlag flyng USa to Au. But the other way is a bastard
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I agree with both jet lag posts above. My five days in San Francisco were horrible.

I'm not sure they'll be losing much sleep over facing CT Pan and Abe Anser (and even Adam Scott for that matter) in their well-rested current form.

Our best chance might be if Patrick Reed gets DQ'd for a rules breach every time he tees it up.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Captain Tiger was possibly thinking Jetlag when he orchestrated a Saturday finish in the Hero. Gives them an extra day.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

So its going to be cold and a little breezy from the south all week in Melbourne. Anyone played RM in a 20k southerly?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Member Teaching Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    So its going to be cold and a little breezy from the south all week in Melbourne. Anyone played RM in a 20k southerly?
    Yes I played it in about a 30k southerly with rain back in July had 36 points and won the day by 3.
    Last edited by Looney; 9th December 2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I played a charity day , 4bbb , 42 pts won the day , we were off the white tees and the greens were toned down , on a very windy day .

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by flathook View Post
    I feel embarrassed every time I see the fanatics.
    I know the founders of the fanatics,sad they get crucified on here for supporting Australian sports.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    I know the founders of the fanatics,sad they get crucified on here for supporting Australian sports.

I'm sure the founders have done well out of selling Sporting Contiki tours, like a few here they just give me the shits.

Guess my distaste, its a mix of cultural cringe, some elitism, a dislike for adopted Americana but mainly that they just aren't funny (in the way the Balmy Army used to be)

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Is it that guy with the pilot hat? Gavin, I think it is? There is supporting, and then there is being a pest. They fall into the latter for me from my experiences of tennis events that they have been at.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    I'm sure the founders have done well out of selling Sporting Contiki tours, like a few here they just give me the shits.

Guess my distaste, its a mix of cultural cringe, some elitism, a dislike for adopted Americana but mainly that they just aren't funny (in the way the Balmy Army used to be)
    Perfectly explained.

Ernie looks so uncomfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They position themselves as patriotic but only in a commercial sense...

Member Club Champion

Probably these best thing you'll see all day https://twitter.com/MCG/status/1204888011281813504

Quote Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
    Probably these best thing you'll see all day https://twitter.com/MCG/status/1204888011281813504
    He’s gonna be on cloud nine. Look out US team.

Thread Information