Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G'day, I'm Hack

Default G'day, I'm Hack

Hey crew ... I signed up here a couple of years ago but ended up never posting, just lurking on and off. Some of you may recognise my username from elsewhere, where I have posted fairly regularly. With the lights being dimmed over there, and the breakaway forum a bit slow on new content, I thought I'd start to look for a new home.

Anyway, I'm Hack, aka Hack2489. I live in Northern NSW and rarely play competition golf. My daughter is my caddie, well, golf cart driver, and we venture out every few weeks where she gets to rake the bunkers and hear me call myself all sort of names. She has a crack at putting every once in a while, but, really just likes driving the golf cart.

Anyway, I've broken the posting drought.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Congratulations on breaking the posting drought, Hack.

To be honest, things are a little quiet here too these days, but new blood can always pick up the amount of discussion.

Moderator Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Welcome Hack. Getting the daughter to drive the golf cart sounds like a devious plan, and one I really should think about trying out soon. Not sure my daughter would rake the bunkers though - how did you manage to have that included in the deal?
    Still not playing enough GolfLink | Slightly less terrible stats brought to you by Golfshot - F: 57%, GIR: 23%, UD: 14%, P: 34. Wow, improvement! | Nickent brand ho or tightarse? You be the judge!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/4Y4Q0jZ.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLong View Post
    Welcome Hack. Getting the daughter to drive the golf cart sounds like a devious plan, and one I really should think about trying out soon. Not sure my daughter would rake the bunkers though - how did you manage to have that included in the deal?
    It was surprisingly easy. She was super keen to drive the cart, so I just said ok, but you have to be my caddie; put sand in my divots, rake bunkers, and look for my wayward shots. She jumped at it.I can occasionally encourage her to read the green with me too. She does like the new rules. Not having to take the flag out when I putt now saves her some walking. 😉

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Welcome and congrats for popping your posting cherry!!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Welcome and congrats for popping your posting cherry!!
    Welcome Hack, do you have to be so crude Bluuey 😱😱

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Welcome Hack!! Some solid use of child labour there, and if they love it who’s to argue. Cart driving children might save you $1000’s down the track when it comes to licence time

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

G'day Hack. I let my daughter have a go at driving the cart once but she nearly wiped out a palm tree.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Thread Information