Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    What was the damage?
    Bent it where the shaft goes into the head, grip was couple of inches behind the face when I tried to line up a putt , made for some interesting putting on last four holes

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Bent it where the shaft goes into the head, grip was couple of inches behind the face when I tried to line up a putt , made for some interesting putting on last four holes
    Ouch!Out of curiosity, isn't that illegal? Counts as a n extra club or something

Or was that one of the new rule amendments

Ouch!Out of curiosity, isn't that illegal? Counts as a n extra club or something
    It probably was illegal and I probably should have been dqd , think there is something in the rules about it .

Just looked it up , damaged in normal course of play it’s fine to keep using , suppose it would come down to whether it’s considered normal to cartwheel your putter back to your bag

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Nice work. Are you leading A grade gross by 4 shots?
    Yep,that's correct,and leading the field in handicap as well

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just looked it up , damaged in normal course of play it’s fine to keep using , suppose it would come down to whether it’s considered normal to cartwheel your putter back to your bag
    It's very normal, all clubs can practice there cartwheels

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately no, DQ for using altered club. Normal course of play is eg: bent when hitting tree on swing, not in anger after the shot!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Throwing or slamming your club after a bad shot is normal course of play for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    Unfortunately no, DQ for using altered club. Normal course of play is eg: bent when hitting tree on swing, not in anger after the shot!
    Yes I know , wouldn’t have bothered me one bit , seriously considered walking off after 3 holes , was asked by guys in group behind us why I stood staring at my ball for so long , told them I was trying to process what I just saw and deciding if I was going to walk off , they thought I was joking . I knew I was in for another rough day on the greens and wasn’t that keen on it .

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Well played Joe! Keep it going for the next round.

33 points for me today round the Nudge (bay course)

18/15
    5 pars and too many bogies today
    1 wipe

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

06/10/2019, Royal Queensland GC, Stableford.

I had one of my best scores since my return today, but it didn't feel like it was that good. I think the scoring came from a combination of the driver hitting plenty of fairways (after being put on notice), and keeping it out of trouble by not being too aggressive. After being +5 after the first four holes, +7 for the next fourteen was a good return.

The greens were tough to put on, since they have just been renovated, but it made it easier to land approaches and chips on, so it may have evened out a little.

I think I might drop the hybrids out of the bag. I stand over them with little confidence at the moment, and they can miss in any direction, or scrub along the ground for 100m. I don't know if the 5W will be much better, but the 3I should be.

Stats: 79% fairways, 11% greens, 31 putts, 38% scrambling.
    Score(Back 9 first): XBBBPBbPB XPBPPBPPX - Gross 42-42-84 (+12); Stab 16-16-32; Par 36-36-72.

Senior Member Major Winner

30 (18/12). Started on 10. It’s better than last week’s 18/8

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    MM today and the start of club champs.77/69 to be leading champs by 4 shots,which also won me my first MM10 of 14 fairways8 greens in reg31 putts1 birdie 1 double11 parsMy best comp score so farSent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
    You failed to mention that you did this on cored greens which makes it even better

You failed to mention that you did this on cored greens which makes it even better
    Why would they core greens before club champs?

Yeah,20 points on cored greens on the front 9 set it up,18 on the second 9 was just playing to keep the scores ticking over.One of those days

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Why would they core greens before club champs?
    27 hole course,Olinda golf club is a co tennant of Beaconhills Links and we run to their agenda.Due to an increase in the need for the lakes 9 which Olinda use,the coring will now be the same time each year,same sequence for all 3 x 9's.Coring for hills front will start in 2 weeks,in which time the CBH members will play lakes 9 and hills back 9,and when the hills back 9 gets cored they will switch to the front.
    The calendar of events will be reviewed and a new timeslot chosen.CBH links will also be adjusting their calendar

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Funny old day for me.

Stableford on the warmest day in Melbourne for 6 months. Was very windy too.

13 points on the front 9 (back 9 of the course), couldn't get anything going. Missed a heap of putts and was just a bit off.

Made the turn and something changed. Was hitting fairways and greens, and started to bin putts from everywhere. Finished with 22 points and par'd the front 9, with a 15 foot birdie on the last.

35 points....STUPID, STUPID Game
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

MM today , 78 nett 71 ,36 pts , won’t bore you with details about 8 wasted shots , will tell you putter is in the pro shop being fixed , turns out cartwheeling them 20 mts back towards your bag isn’t all that good for them .
    😱😱😱

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Played a couple of rounds yesterday but didn't have my usual equipment. Managed 4 under for the first round and par for the second.

The first tee shot under bugs bunny set the tone with a hole in one

VW scramble, coming second when we left , sunk a few putts hit some good drives , as did the others , we were 5 under after 6 , finished 7 under no bogeys , caps were 7 12 16 19 . Pretty much extracted all we could out of the way we played only failed to get one birdie ( hole was in a mongrel position) and one lip out , so fairly happy

Second round of club champs today,sadly I won't be partaking in the 3rd round in 2 weeks.
    Had a solid day on the front,turned even par 35 and 21 points,but crumbled on slick greens and too many people wanting to know my score as I went around.Finished with an 81.Then had to get to my son's basketball final that I was coaching and was running a few minutes being what I wanted,and in doing so didn't sign my card before submitting it.DQ for the round.But hey,we won by a point and are thru to another final next week.I take more pleasure in the success of my kids than anything I ever do.I have received a few messages that suggest I must be disappointed in myself,and I'm not sure why.I achieved my goal for the day,10 pars.I made 2 birdies,and best of all I pared the front 9 off the stick.I did it playing in a great group,and we celebrated my birdie on 27 for the even front.That means more to me than a medal or trophy,sh1t,I have about 100 of them from junior sports if anyone wants one

Second round of club champs today,sadly I won't be partaking in the 3rd round in 2 weeks.Had a solid day on the front,turned even par 35 and 21 points,but crumbled on slick greens and too many people wanting to know my score as I went around.Finished with an 81.Then had to get to my son's basketball final that I was coaching and was running a few minutes being what I wanted,and in doing so didn't sign my card before submitting it.DQ for the round.But hey,we won by a point and are thru to another final next week.I take more pleasure in the success of my kids than anything I ever do.I have received a few messages that suggest I must be disappointed in myself,and I'm not sure why.I achieved my goal for the day,10 pars.I made 2 birdies,and best of all I pared the front 9 off the stick.I did it playing in a great group,and we celebrated my birdie on 27 for the even front.That means more to me than a medal or trophy,sh1t,I have about 100 of them from junior sports if anyone wants oneSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Your not the first and you probably won’t be the last to get dq’d from clubbies . I would be more pissed at shooting 46 on the hills front nine . Greens weren’t that quick just seemed that way cause your first nine was on sand

Your not the first and you probably won’t be the last to get dq’d from clubbies . I would be more pissed at shooting 46 on the hills front nine . Greens weren’t that quick just seemed that way cause your first nine was on sand
    That 46 is still giving me nightmares.I got spooked with 2 3 putts on 1 and 2 and lost confidence

That 46 is still giving me nightmares.I got spooked with 2 3 putts on 1 and 2 and lost confidence Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Welcome to my world for the last couple of weeks , greens seem furry /grainy but a bit dry . The first didn’t break as much and the second broke more than usual

Thread Information