Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: September 2019

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Default September 2019

Joe. What happened?

My midweek medal. Had a pretty borked last month on call working stupid hours.
    Handed the phone over Monday. It was a world off my shoulders.

Worked all morning, played last group of comp with Monsta and Jerry Springer.

Made a good 8 footer downhill on 1, and got thru the first 6 in 24. 39 for the front was a big change from recent form.

Parred 10, the ended up lipping out 11 for a 1 and winning NTP at 42cm.

Then back into the now very strong wind, went 6, 6 but still ok. Made a 35 footer on 14 for par, then messed 15 for a dumbarse bogey. The 505m 16th was downwind, hit a ripping drive and ended up with a 175 carry to the green. Made bird, made a good par on 17 and the world was looking good...

So.

Took 3w off tee for safety. I knew it was a dumb move, so I then shit the bed with a low pull into a tree. Then into the lake 80m away from the tee.
    Went back to the tee. Bombed another drive with a whole bunch of angry over 300 downwind. Had 115. Thinned it into the back bunker.

Ffffffff

The bunker shot was an average lie and worse execution. 45 foot for 6... Nah. 4 foot for 7. Nah..

Ropable.

Put the score in.

81 nett 71.
    A Grade winner and NTP.

$101!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    My midweek medal. Had a pretty borked last month on call working stupid hours.
    Handed the phone over Monday. It was a world off my shoulders.

Worked all morning, played last group of comp with Monsta and Jerry Springer.

Made a good 8 footer downhill on 1, and got thru the first 6 in 24. 39 for the front was a big change from recent form.

Parred 10, the ended up lipping out 11 for a 1 and winning NTP at 42cm.

Then back into the now very strong wind, went 6, 6 but still ok. Made a 35 footer on 14 for par, then messed 15 for a dumbarse bogey. The 505m 16th was downwind, hit a ripping drive and ended up with a 175 carry to the green. Made bird, made a good par on 17 and the world was looking good...

So.

Took 3w off tee for safety. I knew it was a dumb move, so I then shit the bed with a low pull into a tree. Then into the lake 80m away from the tee.
    Went back to the tee. Bombed another drive with a whole bunch of angry over 300 downwind. Had 115. Thinned it into the back bunker.

Ffffffff

The bunker shot was an average lie and worse execution. 45 foot for 6... Nah. 4 foot for 7. Nah..

Ropable.

Put the score in.

81 nett 71.
    A Grade winner and NTP.

$101!
    I enjoyed the rollercoaster, well done on the win mate!

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Nice one, wbennett, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Nice one, wbennett, sort of.
    Thats spot on.My partner asked 'whats your best ever?' on the 17th green.I had moments of adequacy after that. That wasnt advisable

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Nice handicap management, WB.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Nice handicap management, WB.
    Looks like he’s drifting for the Vic Champs...

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Looks like he’s drifting for the Vic Champs...
    Never too early to prepare. 😁

05/09/2019, Noosa Valley Country Club, Solo 9.

Chopfest! A few nice drives, a few nice chips, but the rest was dud. Two lost balls in the first three holes because of shots slightly off line; they just couldn't be found, so I just took one penalty shot and moved on. On the eight, after a decent tee shot, I made a quality putt from off the green, through the green and off the other side, but at least it flatters the putting statistic. The course can take some blame for today's score, but I'm shaping as NAGA favourite for this weekend.

One positive is that I didn't snap hook the first tee shot for the fourth time in a row, although I did cheat by using a hybrid. Flushed it!

Stats: 43% fairways, 0% greens, 14 putts, 22% scrambling.
    Score: - Gross 48 (+12); Par 36.

Next round: Tomorrow at Rocky. Things....can only get better...can only get better.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Stableford today at beaconhills, 20/17 , 3 birdies in first 10 holes missed two short ones as well and very nearly chipped in on the 8 th as well . Mixed in some very ordinary putts and one pointers as well .parred 12 th for 3 points and then subconsciously pulled the hand break on , matchplay final next Saturday, I tried for more 3 pointers but they wouldn’t come . Lipped a short birdie on 18 . Really let a good score slip today . Inconsistent putting meant no 3 putts had 3 birdies but should have had six , no doubles but some careless bogies .GA now 6.9

Member Monthly medal winner

37 for me, trying to maintain a score continues to frustrate. Even on front nine for 22, 6 over on back nine for 15. Putted really well just made some poor shot selections.

35 pts today , 18/17 , seven one pointers , 1 birdie ,couple 3 putts, several ordinary chips , some good drives ,irons getting better , g a 6.8

6-9/09/2019, OZgolf Qld Champs Rounds.

Great weekend and fortunately I didn't completely chop it up, after looking like I might during the road trip 9 holes I had on the Thursday. My game slowly improved over the weekend, although the scores don't completely reflect that. It was more the quality of shots that improved. I started with tops and chunks, but was finding the middle of the clubs more often by the end of the weekend. I got better at the chipping and pitching too, and got into a better groove off the tee. There are plenty of shots that can be saved to go lower, but I'm happy with how I played.

06/09/2019, Rockhampton GC.
    Stats: 43% fairways, 39% greens, 31 putts, 39% scrambling.
    Score: XbBPXPBPb PPBPPXBBB - Gross 41-42-83 (+11); Par 36-36-72; Stab 33pts.
    Birdies Yay! But it was a bit inconsistent.

07/09/2019, Capricorn Championship.
    Stats: 57% fairways, 28% greens, 29 putts, 38% scrambling.
    Score: XXPBPPBPX PPBPPPBBX - Gross 46-41-87 (+15); Par 36-36-72; Stab 30pts.
    Terrible start, but recovered well for a solid back nine, except the 18th tee shot.

08/09/2019, Capricorn Championship.
    Stats: 79% fairways, 44% greens, 33 putts, 44% scrambling.
    Score: XPPXPPPPX BBPBXPPBP - Gross 42-42-84 (+12); Par 36-36-72; Stab 32pts.
    No bogeys on the front nine; it was either pars or doubles.

09/09/2019, Emu Park GC.
    Stats: 27% fairways, 28% greens, 33 putts, 23% scrambling.
    Score: PBXBBBBPB BBPXPBBPP - Gross 43-43-86 (+14); Par 35-37-72; Par -5.
    Finally a non-double bogey or worse start to the round. The dodgy greens hurt my chances to score better. Parred index 1 and 2 to finish, of course.

All rounds over 30 stableford points in a Champs weekend. Sweet!

33 pts today , was fairly crap , score held together by some good up n downs for par and bogey , 25 consecutive rounds of 30 pts or better now

Black Bull
    78 off the stick
    Black markers
    All my putts hung to the right
    New Mizuno irons are beautiful

Cobram West today

Final of the “founders trophy” ( board event ) , handicap matchplay off the back plates ,had to give 10 shots , lost the first two holes , sank a tricky downhill putt on 3 rd for a half , hit drive into trees on 4 th had about 10 secs left on the clock when opponent pointed out a ball 40 mts back , was my ball , parred and won the hole even tho I waa giving a shot , reeled off another 7 pars to be 4 up lost 12 with a bogey , double bogey 13 back to 2 up then won 14 and 15 with pars . Ended up winning 4 n 3 .

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

MM today,delayed from last week due to poor weather and ageing demographic of our members.
    84/76
    1 birdie
    5 x 3 putts

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Congratulations, Grumps.

Congratulations, Grumps.
    Thank you Andy

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Final of the “founders trophy” ( board event ) , handicap matchplay off the back plates ,had to give 10 shots , lost the first two holes , sank a tricky downhill putt on 3 rd for a half , hit drive into trees on 4 th had about 10 secs left on the clock when opponent pointed out a ball 40 mts back , was my ball , parred and won the hole even tho I waa giving a shot , reeled off another 7 pars to be 4 up lost 12 with a bogey , double bogey 13 back to 2 up then won 14 and 15 with pars . Ended up winning 4 n 3 .
    Congrats mate.We were wondering why it was so quiet up their yesterday.You must be pretty happy with your game at the moment with that many 30+ rounds.
    I conceded and went and saw Mark Shaw.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Congrats mate.We were wondering why it was so quiet up their yesterday.You must be pretty happy with your game at the moment with that many 30+ rounds.I conceded and went and saw Mark Shaw.Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Thnx JoeS, happy my game is back to some semblance of respectability, mark has got me back on track , will be going for another lesson this week myself , irons still need some work , as does hit fairway woods off downhill lies

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

First game for 7 weeks.

Finished square playing PAR.

Was reasonably happy considering the wind
    Srixon 565 - 10.5 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon 565 - 15 deg stiff Miyazaki
    Srixon H45 - 90gr Stiff Whiteboard
    Fourteen DI w/ SPB Stiff
    Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW SPB's Stiff
    Fourteen MT28 TS Spec 53 & 58 DG Spinner
    Piretti Cortino

GOLF Link

BENCH

Drivers/Fairways/Hybrids

Yamaha v202 9.5* - Tourspec x flex
    Sonartec SS-03
    V Steel 3wd
    V Steel 4wd Attas T3 8x
    Titleist 585h 19*

Irons
    Mizuno MP33 3-P

Putters

Ping Anser, Anser 2, Scottsdale

Wedges
    Cleveland 54
    Fourteen 48

15/09/2019, Bulimba Par 3, Social.

After a term of lessons, I took my youngest out for a round at this nine hole par 3, which doesn't have a hole over 105m. Not that a short course did me any good. I couldn't hit a green, with my now traditional shocker for the first tee shot (usually a pull), hitting over most greens, and threw a shank in there too. It was very hard to get up and down around there too, and the greens sucked, so putting was a bit of luck. This round is wiped from my stats.

As for my son, he kept hitting everything right, so I'm not sure if he is really course ready yet. Although, he did hit one more green than me, by hitting a great tee shot on the last.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

15/09/2019, Bulimba Par 3, Social.

After a term of lessons, I took my youngest out for a round at this nine hole par 3, which doesn't have a hole over 105m. Not that a short course did me any good. I couldn't hit a green, with my now traditional shocker for the first tee shot (usually a pull), hitting over most greens, and threw a shank in there too. It was very hard to get up and down around there too, and the greens sucked, so putting was a bit of luck. This round is wiped from my stats.

As for my son, he kept hitting everything right, so I'm not sure if he is really course ready yet. Although, he did hit one more green than me, by hitting a great tee shot on the last.
    Straight right, or sliced?

Quote Originally Posted by Daves View Post
    Straight right, or sliced?
    Probably not enough distance to really tell if there is some slice there, but it definitely starts right. He keeps aligning himself there though, so alignment is an easy fix. His ball position at setup doesn't seem great either, but I'm not going to do much instruction this early on, and leave that to the pro.

Thread Information