Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Major Winner

Default September Round Balaklava Sun 22nd

September round is now locked in, thanks all for speedy replies.

Balaklava
    Sun 22nd September
    Tee off at 9:00am
    Green Fees $20 honesty box system bring cash
    Lunch after at one of the 2 Hotels in town

http://www.balaklavagolfclub.com.au/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Balaklava+Golf+Club/@-34.3288689,138.4595088,11.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6aba3f0ac51a67b9:0x924478af49a5c c9a!8m2!3d-34.1318344!4d138.445574

. Hatchman
    2. Thecollective
    3. Wazamac
    4. Nadg63
    5. Hard_Pan
    Last edited by Hatchman; 30th August 2019 at 07:28 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Default September Round Balaklava Sun 22nd

P!$$ing down at home on and off from 5am and a few showers when I headed at out early to do some Gym work on the way.
    The further North I went the better it got.
    Beautiful and Blue Sunny Sky’s here atm.

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Thanks for the hit again guys, was good company as always.

Course started pretty bland, only one hole I rated on the front.

As for the back it got a lot better, #11 is a good hole and could be great if they moved the green into the natural dune land left

Some other more interesting holes as we got near the crater/dune but clearly the stand out is #17, IMO it needs some refinement but this is by far the best hole on the course with a green cut in the natural dune land.

18 also caught my eye; a heavily exposed tee shot although the green was pretty average

Terminus pub was a real winner; best $12 burger ive ever had, chips were crunchy as to top it off.

Pleased with my 2 birdies and a Par on the back nine. Working on some major fixes in my swing at the moment, this is really the first time I have made a conscious effort to get better.

Tea Tree Gully is touted as the next venue, let me know if we are keen and will see if I can arrange a twilight round with dinner, something a little different for October

Thanks for the hit all, enjoyable company as always.
    Looks like we were 2 weeks to early or 3 weeks too late to play the course as we copped the greens 2 weeks after the were cored and heavily sanded.
    It's sad for me to see the course in the stressed condition it has fallen to. Talking to a couple of locals I saw after 9 it has been 2 very dry winters in a row for the region and a decreasing membership to look after the course. Even though they are heavily sanded you can see some areas on some of the greens that were obviously patchy.
    All the areas that have a number of big Gums close to the fairway have very poor grass coverage as the tree root systems are leaching every bit of water out of the soil not letting the grass have a chance. Looks like they are no longer running a ripper down the sides to break all those roots like what used to be done once or twice a year when I was there. A number of tee blocks are in terrible state too. Taking some of all of these moisture robbing trees out would help but would really only be a band aid over a bigger problem.
    It's a very big course for a small aging membership and group of volunteers to look after. It's hard to see a bright future for the club moving forward.
    From the outside Balaklava is pretty much in the same boat as Mount Pleasant and should really break the course up and make a 9 hole composite course from all the holes and maintain them very well rather than 18 average to poorly maintained holes.

Chicken Schnit at the Terminus Pub was very nice. Panko crumb on the Schnit is a crispy winner.
    As for my Golf, move along please nothing to see here. Battling the bug going around did not help matters. 1 day earlier I would have been a none attendance aching all over.

TTG for twilight and dinner after sounds like a good idea if it can be done.
    First 2 weekends of Oct are no good for me.

W.I.T.B

Working my way around Bangkok massage shops

Thanks for thew hit guys. Always a pleasure.
    Swung the club like a spud as usual.
    Every green would of been a one putt. Blame the greens
    Nice cheap meal after.

Happy for TTG but I don't get back from OS until the 17th.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Great to get out with the fellas again.

Happy with driver but I'm back to my chilli-dippin' best (read - worst), around the greens again.. Sheesh!!

The feed at the Terminus was a double thumbs up. Especially as my schint was twice the size of Hatchy's.

I'm good for late October for the next one.

Re: TTG

While the greens don’t go up the duff until 28/10 the fairways do starting next week (3 a week).

We also have stage 2 of hole #9 starting up again making it a par 3 during October it’s a hole I would really like you to play as a par 5 when it’s finished. I love it

I will see how we go next week. I will see how the fairways play

Thinking we should consider Blackwood, depending on coring. Sunday arvo is a great time to play it particularly during twilight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information