Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

+1 in par today , hit the ball better, sank some good par saving putts and missed some short ones, down to 8 , qualified for another matchplay board event ,

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

17/08/2019, McLeod GC, 4BBB Stroke.

Two rounds in one week! What is going on?

I started the round with a snap hook, just like I did on Wednesday. I got away with it, with a nice reflection to the fairway off the trees, just as I did on the 7th from OOB. Unlike Wednesday, I seemed to get the good reflections, bounces, and rolls today.

Besides those couple of drives, I was very good off the tee today. In fact, the driver was so well behaved, that I didn't dare use another club off the tee on non-par 3s. Hopefully that can continue, and I build back my game around it. Unfortunately, I didn't build a round off it today, as I didn't do anything else good on the front nine. I was catching a lot of balls thin, and I couldn't string two good shots together in a row. It was a quality quadruple bogey on nine to finish it off too for +10 on that nine. I think I might blame the shocking headache I had from beers a-plenty last night.

The back nine was a slightly different matter; the ball striking was a bit better, but I scored really well thanks to rolling some putts in, including back to back nailed putts from off the green on 14/15 for par/birdie. I also nabbed a birdie on the last to compensate for the three putt double on the 17th, and score just two over for the back nine. Nice!

Overall, it was an improvement on Wednesday, although worse at times.

Stats: 77% fairways, 22% greens, 28 putts, 43% scrambling.
    Score: PXPXBPPBX PPPBPbBXb - Gross 47-36-83 (+12); Par 37/34/71.

Next round: Next weekend at a different course.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Played a Par event on Saturday, hate the format. Don't think it truly reflects how you played on the day. I finished 6 down after my 18 holes but played the 3 par 5's in -5. Would have shot mid 70's i'd imagine if it were a stroke event which would have been about right for the day, instead it looks like I hit the ball everywhere. Meh.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

35 pts today winner was 36 , I had 20 pts first nine couldn’t keep it going . Par 3 13 th sums up my day , tee shot ball pitched in line hit the flagstick bounced back off the green , putted it back up the slope ball stopped on the lip

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Surely someone winning the gross and nett club championship should have posted in here by now

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Surely someone winning the gross and nett club championship should have posted in here by now
    Eclectic,posted

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I did last October

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I'll admit that I am shallow, and the result determines how I report my rounds in this thread. So I was mightily irritated by my last hole today. But I found out that it did not cost me a ball in the rundown, or a flag on golflink, so all is forgiven, sort of.

I recorded 34 points today. It was the Black Marker event, where 37 points or better gets you a 6 pack of Tooheys. I needed to birdie the last to achieve that, and needed to chip in from a fairly easy position to do so. But I got too aggressive in my desire to get the ball to the hole, hit it too hard and then 20 feet past. I then wimped out completely in my desire to lag two-putt, left it 5 feet short, missed that, and turned a great score into a mediocre one.

I played really well on a difficult course set-up, and deserved a result. Fortunately, I still got one, despite a disaster triple, and the double on the last.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Major Winner

A couple of rounds so far this week at Maryborough GC (both S/Ford). After almost raising the bat in the first 2 rounds of club champs at the start of the month, I have hit a bit of consistency, shooting between 32-34 pts since. This week was no difference, with 32pts yesterday and 33pts today.

Quick summary - not getting off the tee well with any club on par 4s and par 5s, and hitting nearly all the par 3 greens. Generally playing well except for 2 or 3 blowup holes a round. Oworks Marxman just landed from Jonti is going well, feeling some confidence there on the greens.

Wed:
    16/16 32
    6gir
    8pars
    7bog
    3db

Thur:
    16/17 33
    7gir
    9pars
    6bog
    3db (3 wipes)

I think the dream of 8 has been shattered, but my resolve is strong. Next lesson is tomorrow.

Par comp today finished square off 8 , 4 th in the comp , starting to turn things around , all 20 cards in golflink are 30 pts or better

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

24/08/2019, McLeod GC, Stableford.

Well, that was disappointing. Instead of slowly getting back some form, I put in a stinker today, with few very good things to reflect on.

For the third round in a row, I started with a snap hook; this time out of bounds was my reward. The driver started from far left, moved to slight pulls, then found some fairways during the middle of the round, before starting to fade, and finished with a couple of push cuts. It was quality distribution spread from the tee.

The other clubs were being pulled left for a lot of the round too, if I wasn't hitting them fat. I'm not sure what was going on; maybe the hips are a bit stiff from attending the gym. It would have been nice if something came good at some stage, but I couldn't even scramble for pars on the back nine.

Stats: 47% fairways, 17% greens, 32 putts, 13% scrambling.
    Score: XBXPPBBPP XXXPBBBBB - Gross 44-47-91 (+1; Stab 14-11-25pts; Par 37/36/73.

Next round: Another weekend, another course.

Individual matchplay today , won 5 n 3 , have to play one of the pennant team members next week in the semi final

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Individual matchplay today , won 5 n 3 , have to play one of the pennant team members next week in the semi final
    Well done.I watched you teeing off on 14,seemed to get it away nicely

First round of teams of 3 today.In very windy conditions,and not having played for a month I was hoping for not much.
    80/72 for 35 points,pretty happy with that in tough conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Well done.I watched you teeing off on 14,seemed to get it away nicelySent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Thnx but couldn’t have been watching me I pulled it left and lost the ball . Mind you I blame the other two nuffties in my group playing their match , were niggling each other all day shaped up and were going to punch on at back of 13 th green , asked John E to send someone down from the clubhouse as he walked past , pro came down and read the riot act to them .

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Thnx but couldn’t have been watching me I pulled it left and lost the ball . Mind you I blame the other two nuffties in my group playing their match , were niggling each other all day shaped up and were going to punch on at back of 13 th green , asked John E to send someone down from the clubhouse as he walked past , pro came down and read the riot act to them .
    Haha,didn't see it finish up.John was in my 4some so filled us in a bit.Matchplay can bring out the c,.t in some people

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    Haha,didn't see it finish up.John was in my 4some so filled us in a bit.Matchplay can bring out the c,.t in some peopleSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Certainly did today , apparently both have history and some of the guys weren’t surprised it blew up , never seen two guys pull so much crap or go so hard at each other ,

Axis 1 Maximus user Order of Merit winner

17 points today with 9 wipes (6 in a row on the back 9).

Not much else to say really

I'm a flusher

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

😳

Member Monthly medal winner

Yep disappointing 29 today, 20 on the front, started back nine with 3 doubles went from hitting everything to hitting nothing.

Senior Member Major Winner

Regained the SBC with a big win even with a stretch of 8 points in 8 holes.

VGL Champions Trophy at Albert Park this morning 84/77.Had the huge pleasure of teeing it up with Rory McElroy and Brookes Keopka.Flat parkland track with zero elevation change,except for the greens.Got honked on a teebox,how nice.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Played Nudgee off the bay Sunday was not a good start 11 points after 9 holes.

Finished with 35.

It’s sad when my last two rounds of 35 and 33 are counters

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    Played Nudgee off the bay Sunday was not a good start 11 points after 9 holes.

Finished with 35.

It’s sad when my last two rounds of 35 and 33 are counters
    Must have been some very good golf on the back 9

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by peter_rs View Post
    Played Nudgee off the bay Sunday was not a good start 11 points after 9 holes.Finished with 35.It’s sad when my last two rounds of 35 and 33 are counters
    Congrats on the strong second nine. I'll gladly swap with you . My efforts on Saturday started with 16 points for 9 holes then went backwards for 13 on the second 9.
    Last edited by Dcanto; 26th August 2019 at 11:35 PM.

Thread Information