Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Question Help Please: Fujikura VENTUS shaft weight

Hi,

I'm a 65 yo golfer with handicap ranging from 3 to 6, looking at purchasing the new Fujikura VENTUS shaft but would prefer some thoughts regarding shaft weight I should choose.

My driver swing speed is 92 mph and have generally settled for a REGULAR shaft but the last driver I purchased was the Callaway Rogue SZ with Aldila Synergy Blue 50-Stiff. I get along prety well with this shft but do find maybe because of the higher 5.2* torque, some drives especially into the wind can tend to baloon and I loose alot of distance with a high cut, I usually play a subtle fade.

The VENTUS torque is around 3.5*.

I quite like the feel of the sub 60 gram shaft and my back doesn't get as sore towards the round, sometimes I'll play 36 hole in a day events.

I play the 2014 Apex Forged irons with TT XP95 S300 with great results. Irons are my strength, not the driver.

Am I correct in my thinking, with a 92 mp SS, if I go for a sub 60 (57 gram) shaft, that I'd need to go for a stiff flex rather than a regular?

Cheerz
    WITB
    Driver: CALLAWAY Epic Flash 10.5* with Fujikura VENTUS VeloCore Blue 6-S
    Fairway: CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH #3 15* with Hzrdus Smoke
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic #2 18* GD Tour AD DI-85S
    Irons: Callaway 2014 Apex Forged 4-PW + AW TT XP95 S300
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56-13, 60-10
    Putter: 2019 Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS
    H/cap: 3.8

Clubmaker

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZaustgolfdiscountsQQhtZ-1

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by daMANiack View Post
    Hi,

I'm a 65 yo golfer with handicap ranging from 3 to 6, looking at purchasing the new Fujikura VENTUS shaft but would prefer some thoughts regarding shaft weight I should choose.

My driver swing speed is 92 mph and have generally settled for a REGULAR shaft but the last driver I purchased was the Callaway Rogue SZ with Aldila Synergy Blue 50-Stiff. I get along prety well with this shft but do find maybe because of the higher 5.2* torque, some drives especially into the wind can tend to baloon and I loose alot of distance with a high cut, I usually play a subtle fade.

The VENTUS torque is around 3.5*.

I quite like the feel of the sub 60 gram shaft and my back doesn't get as sore towards the round, sometimes I'll play 36 hole in a day events.

I play the 2014 Apex Forged irons with TT XP95 S300 with great results. Irons are my strength, not the driver.

Am I correct in my thinking, with a 92 mp SS, if I go for a sub 60 (57 gram) shaft, that I'd need to go for a stiff flex rather than a regular?

Cheerz
    Check the fuji ventus webpage. 5s is still stiffer than 6r. Not sure the numbers fuji use, but comparatively, a tip trimmed 5r would be closer to flex of the 6r.

Hi,

Well I finished up buying a Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S Velocore on eBay for $280 shipped with Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 + Callaway adapter and had it's first outing today. I know the guy I bought it from paid $499.

It is awesome, hit every fairway and was quite long, dispersion was tight.

My SS is around 92mph and have usually used REGULAR 60-65gm shafts but always got hurt into the wind, too much side spin due to shaft torque.

Ventus Blue 6-S torque is 3.1 and the guys today said I was going after it, the shaft felt stable enough that I was swinging harder even into the wind.

Cheerz
    WITB
    Driver: CALLAWAY Epic Flash 10.5* with Fujikura VENTUS VeloCore Blue 6-S
    Fairway: CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH #3 15* with Hzrdus Smoke
    Hybrid: Callaway Epic #2 18* GD Tour AD DI-85S
    Irons: Callaway 2014 Apex Forged 4-PW + AW TT XP95 S300
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56-13, 60-10
    Putter: 2019 Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line CS
    H/cap: 3.8

Clubmaker

http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZaustgolfdiscountsQQhtZ-1

Thread Information