Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Default WDYSTM-July 2019

35 pts yesterday, 2 ntp’s , 6th overall (60+ players), ball in the run down , .1 on the cap , out to 9.0 g a , no 3 putts , no bladed chip shots , good day overall .

Senior Member Major Winner

39pts in Wednesday club Stableford at Maryborough off 10.

Drove it pretty bad, scunged a heap of iron shots, but chipped and putted pretty well. Hightlight was lipping the eagle putt on 5, and the 3 drives that came out of trees to middle fairway.

19/20 39
    6fir
    5gir
    1 bird
    29putts

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    39pts in Wednesday club Stableford at Maryborough off 10.

Drove it pretty bad, scunged a heap of iron shots, but chipped and putted pretty well. Hightlight was lipping the eagle putt on 5, and the 3 drives that came out of trees to middle fairway.

19/20 39
    6fir
    5gir
    1 bird
    29putts
    Good signs for taking Ferrins' money tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Good signs for taking Ferrins' money tomorrow.
    Be happy to take another Mars Bar tbh.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

A massive 25 points for me today.

The round wasn't nearly as bad as the score. The fairways were soft and wet, so the ball was going nowhere once it hit the ground. So I hit a lot of good 3 wood shots, but got no reward once I messed up the shot around the green.

I had one of everything bad. 1 lost ball, 1 chunked chip, 1 skulled chip, 1 two shot penalty for hitting the wrong ball (in a bunker!) 1 360 lip out, but 2 three-putts. Zero holed putts from outside three feet. One of those days. Oh, and one of those shots that has a thread of its own.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Bit of an update for the other 3 rounds I played this week:

Thursday - RQ Single Stab with Ferret, Henno, and Nudgee. Played pretty well in strong winds, picked up birdies on 7 and 9. Struggled on downwind holes 17 and 18, picking up 1 point to come home with 32pts. Lucky dsr was 75 to pick up a flag.

18/14 32
    2 birds

Friday - Maryborough Single Stab. Played 17 holes of super steady golf to be 3 ahead of HC. Nothing too flash, and nothing awful. 18 is a long par 4 into the wind, and managed to pump drive straight into the right hand dam. Reloaded and jagged a 6/1 to finish with 38pts.

20/18 38
    1 bird

Saturday - Maryborough monthly medal with Lefty. Started slow with a double on 1, then just played solid golf through to 13 including a birdy on 10. All of us pumped drives OB on 14 which brought me back level. A few more pars got me ahead again, but another pumped drive into the piss on 18 was a lowlight, finishing with a double.

80 Nett 70 (par)
    1 bird
    1 OB

Shot 92 yesterday at Surfers. Hit a lot of shanks, lots a bunch of balls, played a lot of shots from the trees and played the last 2 holes after the sun had set (had enough light) surprisingly hit my best shot on that last hole. An easy 5 iron fade from about 155 into a right to left wind that finished about 10 feet from the pin, didn’t see the ball fly at all but soon as it left the face I knew it’d be good lol.

96/83 in the rain and wind this morning at royal Nudgee.

3 shanks
    2 lost balls in the drink
    A 9

Lots of laughs

MM at beaconhills, par , +1 came 8 th overall , the good was no 3 putts and having 6 pluses . The bad was having 5 minuses , completely lost the plot in the middle of the round

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

MM at Olinda yesterday,84/76
    Birdies on 4 and 5
    2 wipes
    Haven't been playing or practicing thanks to a broken rib.Started to get to me after the tee shot on 6 hurt a bit,then the wheels fell off.
    34 putts

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    MM at Olinda yesterday,84/76
    Birdies on 4 and 5
    2 wipes
    Haven't been playing or practicing thanks to a broken rib.Started to get to me after the tee shot on 6 hurt a bit,then the wheels fell off.
    34 putts

Did one of the backpackers fight back?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Did one of the backpackers fight back?
    Tried,failed

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

Not - 4 3 putts - went out ahead of the pennant - the greens were a tad quick

Single Stab at the Mary off 9.

Pretty solid round. Struggled to hit greens, but chipped and putted like a demon - 2 sand saves and 7 up and downs. Put it to 5cm on par 3 8th for an easy bird, as was the 1.1m 2nd shot ntp on 13 for another.

20/20 40
    5 gir
    27 putts
    2/3 sandies
    7 up and down
    2 birds
    No doubles or worse.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

10/07/2019, Corinda Public Golf Course (9 Holes Twice), Solo.

I took the day off today, so I could take my youngest son (12) to a golf clinic at Oxley Driving Range He is starting to show some interest in the game, although mostly at the driving range, but I'm hopeful of having a future golf partner.

While he was there, I popped out the back to go to the Corinda course for 18 holes. I had a voucher for $14 for 18 holes, so I thought it was a cheap way testing out the pelvis to see if could handle walking 18 holes, albeit a shorter course. It would have been easy to pull the pin at the price and when by myself, rather than playing at RQ last week, then not being able to play all 18.

I wasn't really mentally engaged early on, and butchered a couple of holes; two doubles in the first three holes. Things improved, but this time my score was coming from around the greens, rather than from the fairway this time. Overall, there were way too many dud shots (chunk, duff, thin) for my liking. I'm okay with lowering my expectations, but that is more about missing targets, not hitting complete garbage.

Lowlight: I had a little bit of momentum going, but then thinned a PW approach to a hole when my watch buzzed with a text from the missus during the swing. Better to learn that mistake now, rather than during a comp round.
    Highlight: A group of four guys let me through, and while under their close attention, I got up and down for a par on a par 3, then hit a dead straight 3 wood and approach shot on the next par 4. Maybe I need that little bit of extra pressure for focus.

As for the injury, well that's a bit of wait and see. After my last hit of 9 holes, I pulled up really sore, but it was a weekend hit, and it could have been a number of other things that upset it, such as, cycling and household chores. Being a weekday, and only doing the golf, I'll see how things feel over the next couple of days. It wasn't great during the round and after, but it was manageable. Fingers crossed that I don't have to put the sticks away for a while again, as I'll struggle to mentally cope with that.

88% fairway (half were iron tee shots), 33% GIR, 31 putts, 33% scrambling.
    10 pars, 6 bogeys, and 2 other.
    Scoring: XPXPBPPPB PBPPBPBBP - 37-35-72 (+10)
    Last edited by AndyP; 10th July 2019 at 05:16 PM.

It is amazing what a difference one shot makes to your assessment of your day on the course.

I had 34 points today, caused by a missed 3 footer at the last. 35 would have been a good flag, and a winner in the ball rundown. 34 is thanks for coming.

Even more disappointing is that I played quite well in difficult conditions, including a birdie where all four shots were struck as well as I can hit them.

But I missed a short putt at the last, so it was all wasted.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I played in the FNQ Open at Atherton GC last weekend with Bushy & Solarman.

I shot 82/81, and never really found touch on the small, fast, rock hard greens. I did get lucky by holing out from 100m for an eagle on the par 4 8th, but that was where the highlights ended.

The whole field struggled with the greens... the winning score was even par, despite there being around 8 plus markers in the field.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Shot 79 in a practice round this morning in fairly tricky conditions. I've only broken 80 a few times before, so pretty happy with that (especially after a pretty poor start to the round).

At +7 after 16 I realised I was a good chance of getting sub-80. 17 is the hardest hole on the course, so very happy with the GIR & par there. Tried my hardest to throw it all away on 18 though - candidate for worst shot of the year off the tea (short, fat and right), pulled the next 7 iron under a tree, but managed to run it up to the side of the green and get up & down from there for the 5.

Comp tomorrow, I assume I'll shoot 95.

20190712.jpg

Practice rounds don't count, Bob, unless you post the comp score as well.

I had 33 points today. After 9 holes my round wasn't going to count either, as I had 12 points and was hitting the ball poorly. On the other nine the ball-striking wasn't much better, but the putts all dropped. 18 putts on one nine, 11 on the other tells the tale.

I think I may have holed the longest putt I've ever holed, too. Probably 100 feet, maybe more, and a total fluke, but I enjoyed it a lot.

7 degrees forecast maximum and raining ( pissing down )8.30 tee time so about 3 degs,second round of 4 bbb matchplay, made us play , 2 Nd green under water , keep playing, 4 th green underwater , I was wet ,hands frozen playing crap , still won’t call it off , so I walked off ,

90/77 in the second round of the Ann Costin cup.

Greens became very slick when the wind started to pick up.

3 fairways
    2 greens
    1 wipe
    2 water balls
    2 chips in

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Practice rounds don't count, Bob, unless you post the comp score as well.
    90. Not quite 95. That's -4 in the par comp. Course conditions weren't great (wet and windy) but that really wasn't my problem today. Didn't strike it well enough.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

37stab points yesterday for 3rd 5.4 round in the last four outings.
    Even through first 5 holes and was spewing after missing a two foot birdie putt. Too ad to that wound we forgot to play the next hole which was a temp so had to wipe that and score 17 holes.

Golden run came to an end today. Comedy of errors, left my sw at home, the borrowed a vokey from the pro shop. Aside from having to use a junk wedge, just couldnt get the swing going for driver/4w/hyb. Managed to battle to be even with cap on 7, but tree troubles on 8, and a fried egg on 9 resulted in 2 doubles.

A few more sculled chips and crap pitches with pos vokey saw a rough 8 over cap nett 78.

Lessons learned:
    1. Dont forget your sw
    2. Never touch a vokey again

Thread Information