Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Interesting but not surprising that Sandy Creek have shot themselves in the foot and dropped the PAYG Membership. I can almost picture the Committee meeting where one of the numpties convinced the others that if they drop the PAYG everyone on it will change over to full memberships. This is typical of the narrow minded thinking.
    It's not the Membership Fee itself that makes them money it every time some one on that deal pays Green Fees that does. If you don't have them as members your not going to get their repeat Green Fees. The Membership helps them decide to play there most or all of the time rather than going all over the place spending their money.
    It's also a low level entry point that gives the Club a chance to convert the member into a Full Member down the track as long as you have a good welcoming atmosphere. Sadly a group of people got themselves onto the committee and destroyed all of that with personal agendas.

I did a bit of trawling of the Playford Lakes site and noticed a couple of names in the Comp results I used to play with fairly regularly at Kapunda. It would be good to catch up with them a see why they are not playing there anymore as no matter what Membership category they have they are paying near double to play at Playford Lakes.
    Yes, you hit the nail on the head there. By offering discounted green fees, I was playing all my golf there instead of paying full totes somewhere else. They were getting $100 membership fee out of me and also $450 of green fees plus whatever I'd spend on the range, proshop and bar.
    They wanted me to convert to the full membership ($1529 absurd for that course in that condition) or 1 day membership for $700 (another rip off imo)

I personally think it all went to shit when they lost their GM and head pro all in the space of 1 month.

I've played a few rounds at Playford Lakes since joining early this year and have felt more welcome in 1 round then I did at Sandy Creek over 15 rounds.

Junior Member Fairweather club-member

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Interesting but not surprising that Sandy Creek have shot themselves in the foot and dropped the PAYG Membership. I can almost picture the Committee meeting where one of the numpties convinced the others that if they drop the PAYG everyone on it will change over to full memberships. This is typical of the narrow minded thinking.
    It's not the Membership Fee itself that makes them money it every time some one on that deal pays Green Fees that does. If you don't have them as members your not going to get their repeat Green Fees. The Membership helps them decide to play there most or all of the time rather than going all over the place spending their money.
    It's also a low level entry point that gives the Club a chance to convert the member into a Full Member down the track as long as you have a good welcoming atmosphere. Sadly a group of people got themselves onto the committee and destroyed all of that with personal agendas.

I did a bit of trawling of the Playford Lakes site and noticed a couple of names in the Comp results I used to play with fairly regularly at Kapunda. It would be good to catch up with them a see why they are not playing there anymore as no matter what Membership category they have they are paying near double to play at Playford Lakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Yes, you hit the nail on the head there. By offering discounted green fees, I was playing all my golf there instead of paying full totes somewhere else. They were getting $100 membership fee out of me and also $450 of green fees plus whatever I'd spend on the range, proshop and bar.
    They wanted me to convert to the full membership ($1529 absurd for that course in that condition) or 1 day membership for $700 (another rip off imo)

I personally think it all went to shit when they lost their GM and head pro all in the space of 1 month.

I've played a few rounds at Playford Lakes since joining early this year and have felt more welcome in 1 round then I did at Sandy Creek over 15 rounds.
    You guys are spot on. Had this argument many times. The footy make all their money from the food and drink. If you said it was $100 to see a game most wouldn't go. But if you say it's only $25 they go and spend $100 on food and grog.
    There are a handful of clubs that can charge what they want. i.e. Royal Melbourne. But the vast majority of clubs need to see the membership as a lure. Not a screening process.

Thread Information