Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    Lynwood. It's changed a bit since Castle Hill RSL became involved, as they removed the proshop and locker rooms from the club house, to become a golfers bar and gaming area. 8th and 9th had a major redesign, otherwise the course is basically the same. Do still live out that way?
    Yes. Still out that way. Played Stonecutters a week ago. Didn't duff any. That's about as good as I could expect. Seems to be a bug in some front 9 greens.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Speaking of memberships, I was online the other day looking at my options at Northern as I didn't want to pay the full 7 day membership fee for $3000 or whatever it is. I noticed they do a Flexi-Membership for a year worth $560. Intrigued I looked in to it, you get absolutely nothing for your money other than being able to book a game online. Still have to pay $50 for a social round and $60 for a competition round. The $560 is spent just so you can feel part of a private course. I'm all for feeling part of a club, think it's fantastic, but bugger me if I'm paying $560 to do so when I get absolutely no benefits other than being able to book online.
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Speaking of memberships, I was online the other day looking at my options at Northern as I didn't want to pay the full 7 day membership fee for $3000 or whatever it is. I noticed they do a Flexi-Membership for a year worth $560. Intrigued I looked in to it, you get absolutely nothing for your money other than being able to book a game online. Still have to pay $50 for a social round and $60 for a competition round. The $560 is spent just so you can feel part of a private course. I'm all for feeling part of a club, think it's fantastic, but bugger me if I'm paying $560 to do so when I get absolutely no benefits other than being able to book online.
    Do you get access to weekend timesheets at the same time as everyone else? Say you do that 15 times a year in Saturday comp, for your $1500ish you get 15 Saturday prime time rounds.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Do you get access to weekend timesheets at the same time as everyone else? Say you do that 15 times a year in Saturday comp, for your $1500ish you get 15 Saturday prime time rounds.
    Nope, you don't get the normal 8 day access to the timesheet. You get to choose which day to play, but only have a 24 hour window in which to book. So trying to book on Friday for a prime time slot on Saturday morning is pretty much out of the question. Be lucky to get an afternoon slot.
    WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

I’m not sure what you expect to get for 1/6 of the fees?
    Forum needs more banter.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    I’m not sure what you expect to get for 1/6 of the fees?
    Goods or a service.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Goods or a service.
    I assume that the $560 still maintains a handicap. It also provides access which while is drastically reduced is still more than Joe Public gets. When subs are $3k it doesn’t make any sense to provide too much at 1/6 of the price. This caters for a person who might play a handful of games all year yet wants to maintain a connection to the club.
    Forum needs more banter.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by sms316 View Post
    I assume that the $560 still maintains a handicap. It also provides access which while is drastically reduced is still more than Joe Public gets. When subs are $3k it doesn’t make any sense to provide too much at 1/6 of the price. This caters for a person who might play a handful of games all year yet wants to maintain a connection to the club.
    I am with you - I suspect the member can maintain a handicap without having to pay a nom fee again.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Northern is Melbourne’s Nudgee, a fair shit dump! And a overpriced one at that! drive 1hr up the country for $200 a year! And spend the remaining on personal entertainment imho!

So trying to book on Friday for a prime time slot on Saturday morning is pretty much out of the question.
    You shouldn’t expect access to the prime slot when paying a greatly reduced rate. I assume you still get access to the practice facilities, reciprocal clubs etc as well?

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney Hacker View Post
    You shouldn’t expect access to the prime slot when paying a greatly reduced rate. I assume you still get access to the practice facilities, reciprocal clubs etc as well?
    Possibly eligibility for club champs and pennant side too.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Oh I wasn’t expecting anything amazing, but I figured if you’re paying even 1/6 of the full rate that you’d get something other than a handicap. Even if it was 10 free rounds (socially) a year. The practice area isn’t amazing, and you can use the practice green anyway. As a former member of Nudgee, I can agree on some of the points you raised.
    WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

Exclusivity is expensive

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I noticed they do a Flexi-Membership for a year worth $560. Intrigued I looked in to it, you get absolutely nothing for your money other than being able to book a game online.
    Many clubs have a similar membership option at a relative price to full membership. Its what people asking for.

when I get absolutely no benefits other than being able to book online.

You get an entitlement to play at your club. Sounds like an awesome option for someone who wants to be a member of this club but plays less than 40 rounds a year (if my maths is correct, and I am not too bright ). You will come out way in front.
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

I don’t see how you come out way in front? You still pay for every round you play? So not only do you pay for the $560 membership, you pay for every social and competition round you play.
    WITB:
    Titleist ProV1

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

I don’t see how you come out way in front? You still pay for every round you play? So not only do you pay for the $560 membership, you pay for every social and competition round you play.
    Given you can't apparently (according to the website) get 7 day membership straight off at present anyway, what other option do you have if you want to play on a Saturday? And assuming you could it is (if I have read the website info correctly) $2652 versus $560 = a difference of $2092. $2092 divided by $60 = approx 35. So if you are going to play (comfortably) 30/35 rounds or more in a year then full membership probably makes more sense (assuming all other thing are equal), otherwise the Flexi Membership is in front. Which is why they have it I guess, i.e. choice.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

The $500 plus pay as you go is designed for those who don’t play a lot but want to be a member or remain a member . It gives people an option to stay a member if they can’t get value out of a full membership because of other commitments. If you can only play 20 rounds it only costs you $1800 not the 3k . Beaconhills is now doing a lifestyle membership $670 for 120 points, 5 points for midweek and 7 points for weekend, handicap ,insurance etc included
    Last edited by Grumpy8; 10th May 2019 at 09:47 PM.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Do you get access to the carpark with a lifestyle membership?

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Exclusivity is expensive
    True dat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Do you get access to the carpark with a lifestyle membership?
    No they don’t, they park in the local iga carpark and walk to the course , way more spare carparks there

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    True dat!
    Yours is a different league 😱

Since we are talking memberships, beaconhills has just announced some new memberships to go with the lifestyle membership,
    24 to 29 yr age group $740 ,
    30 to 34 yr olds $1110 , full 7 day full access to 27 holes

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Since we are talking memberships, beaconhills has just announced some new memberships to go with the lifestyle membership,
    24 to 29 yr age group $740 ,
    30 to 34 yr olds $1110 , full 7 day full access to 27 holes
    How about clubs make a membership for 40-50 year olds with teenage kids .These age group memberships are rubbish

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
    How about clubs make a membership for 40-50 year olds with teenage kids .These age group memberships are rubbish

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    We have a half price membership for 26-55 year olds which includes 20 comp rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    We have a half price membership for 26-55 year olds which includes 20 comp rounds.
    That's the sort of membership that I wish Cairns had.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Thread Information