Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

6 rounds of less than 30 stab points. Just 12 more and will be anchored to 12 cap. Lots of practice, handicap going out happy times!

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Played 9 this afternoon, shot an even par 36. Two bogeys, two birdies. Striking the ball pretty well, not holing many putts at the moment but hopefully they start falling soon. Missed make-able birdie putts on 1,2,3,4 and 6. Ended up 3 putting the 4th, missed a 10 foot eagle putt on the 8th. Overall 18 putts for the 9 which is too many if you want to be scoring well.
    Northern 9.jpg
    WITB:
    Taylormade M3 9.5 Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood Aldila Rogue X Stiff 70g
    Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-6 with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Mizuno MP20 Blade 7-P with DG X100 shafts hard stepped.
    Vokey SM7 50/08, 54/10, 60/08. 50deg in DG X100, 54deg & 60deg in S300.
    Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    Titleist ProV1

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

16/16 for 32 points around the composite Royal Canberra layout.

New irons from Monsta, hit a few well and a few poorly, but happy overall.

Struggled on the recovering greens. The longer grass sometimes broke, sometimes bobbled around.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Major Winner

More than 30

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Wanted to have a hit to work on some course management before pennant tomorrow,so had a lazy 40 points.Yep,couple of changes seem to be working
    It is my best OTS score around Beaconhills with 77
    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Mareeba Open- started well but couldn’t buy a putt and went out in 43(+7).

Massive drive down 10, flopped a wedge to 4 ft and made the putt. We’re back!!!!!

Not.

Bogies the next three before steadying the ship and parred the way home.

43/38 for 81 nett 74 (34pts)

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

I played in the Mareeba Open this weekend with Bushy, Solarman & Frodo.

Round 1 was poor. 82/78 with a couple of doubles.

Round 2 started out the same way with a series of weak bogies. The back 9 was a contrast with 3 birdies, none of which were longer than 7ft. Finished 76/72.

Chatting with another Cairns member in the club house afterwards... he shot 83 on the first day with 46 putts... 46!
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    Mareeba Open- started well but couldn’t buy a putt and went out in 43(+7).

Massive drive down 10, flopped a wedge to 4 ft and made the putt. We’re back!!!!!

Not.

Bogies the next three before steadying the ship and parred the way home.

43/38 for 81 nett 74 (34pts)

Today was much of the same with a really poor start.

Triple
    Double
    Bogey

Pleasing to play 2 rounds of stroke in under 4hrs.

Masters breakfast and 9 hole comp. Wasn’t great off no sleep Saturday night and two hours last night.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Masters 9 hole comp at Kooindah this morning. Had 5 over with 3 x 3 putts but still managed to win the green jacket with my partner Rickie Fowler having -2 on the back 9 at Augusta.

The added bonus/enjoyment was using the vintage Macgregor irons and persimmon woods I got from M3Jab and flushing them the whole way.

9 hole Masters comp at Cairns GC this morning with Bushy. Defending my title & green jacket from last year.

I chopped it around a bit, but my putting was on song (12 putts for the 9, including a 25 footer for birdie on the last). I carded 19pts, which was good enough for tied 3rd.

Member Club Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Chatting with another Cairns member in the club house afterwards... he shot 83 on the first day with 46 putts... 46!
    That is a special effort but especially at Mareeba. Those greens aren't large or overly complicated...

Quote Originally Posted by hippo10 View Post
    That is a special effort but especially at Mareeba. Those greens aren't large or overly complicated...
    True this, even I broke 36 putts there....

Wait, nope, I broke 36 putters there....

Carry on.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    6 rounds of less than 30 stab points. Just 12 more and will be anchored to 12 cap. Lots of practice, handicap going out happy times!
    I have 4 consecutive flags falling off. I could be playing off 12 in weeks!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

It's been a while since I've posted in a WDYS thread, cos I've had nothing decent to post until Sunday.

Starting on 10 at my home club, I carved one way right but was able to get it back in play then proceed to play the wrong shot and flub my pitch shot. Recovered with a nice chip to about 4 feet below the hole, but missed the putt for a double...****!!!

Regulation par on 11 after taking an iron off the tee for safety.

Had 167m to the pin on the Par 3 12th, and hit 5 iron about 10m over the flag on to the back fringe. Hole that put for a 2/4 and my round was back on track.

Nice low cut off the tee with the driver left me 200m into the par 5 13th for my second shot off the upslope of a mound. Hit it pin hit left, leaving a chip over a bunker with about 10feet of break on the green when it landed. Hit a good chip long left and used the hump in the green to bring the ball back down to about 6 feet. Holed that for my second birdie of the day.

Regulation 2 putt par on 14.

Holed a 30 footer on 15 for another birdie followed by regulation pars on 16 and 17.

Pumped a drive up 18 and hit 9i to a front pin to about 5 feet. Slightly over hit my first putt through the break and left myself a 3 footer coming back, missed that putt to be even for the round....****!!!

Nice cut of the tee on 1 leaving me 164m uphill to the flag. Lasered a 5iron to about 2.5feet and rolled it on for my 4th birdie of the day.

Nice gentle fade 3iron off the tee on the par 4 second, I proceed to chunk a 9i from 125m but was able to get up and down for par.

Pushed my drive a touch right on the 3rd, but managed to limit the damage to a bogey.

Made a nice up and down for par on the 4th after bailing out left off the tee with the driver.

Biggest break of the day came on 8 when I sprayed a drive way right missing the 15th fairway and ended up under a fig tree. Manage to hit a punch a 7iron under the some branches, over 2 sets of bunkers and stopped it on the green. 2 putted that for a easy par

Parred in from there to shoot even par the front and even for the day. I missed out on going under for the first time ever, after 3 previous even par rounds but I'll take the win in the A Grade Singles. It's been a while!!!

Stats:
    4 birdies
    12 GIR
    7/12 Fairways
    29 Putts
    1 x 3 Putts

PS I played with Dotty on Sunday, so 2 of my 4 par rounds have been with him, so I can't decide if he is a good luck charm or holding me back
    Last edited by mrbluu; 16th April 2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted in a WDYS thread, cos I've had nothing decent to post until Sunday.

Starting on 10 at my home club, I carved one way right but was able to get it back in play then proceed to play the wrong shot and flub my pitch shot. Recovered with a nice chip to about 4 feet below the hole, but missed the putt for a double...****!!!

Regulation par on 11 after taking an iron off the tee for safety.

Had 167m to the pin on the Par 3 12th, and hit 5 iron about 10m over the flag on to the back fringe. Hole that put for a 2/4 and my round was back on track.

Nice low cut off the tee with the driver left me 200m into the par 5 13th for my second shot off the upslope of a mound. Hit it pin hit left, leaving a chip over a bunker with about 10feet of break on the green when it landed. Hit a good chip long left and used the hump in the green to bring the ball back down to about 6 feet. Holed that for my second birdie of the day.

Regulation 2 putt par on 14.

Holed a 30 footer on 15 for another birdie followed by regulation pars on 16 and 17.

Pumped a drive up 18 and hit 9i to a front pin to about 5 feet. Slightly over hit my first putt through the break and left myself a 3 footer coming back, missed that putt to be even for the round....****!!!

Nice cut of the tee on 1 leaving me 164m uphill to the flag. Lasered a 5iron to about 2.5feet and rolled it on for my 4th birdie of the day.

Nice gentle fade 3iron off the tee on the par 4 second, I proceed to chunk a 9i from 125m but was able to get up and down for par.

Pushed my drive a touch right on the 3rd, but managed to limit the damage to a bogey.

Made a nice up and down for par on the 4th after bailing out left off the tee with the driver.

Biggest break of the day came on 8 when I sprayed a drive way right missing the 15th fairway and ended up under a fig tree. Manage to hit a punch a 7iron under the some branches, over 2 sets of bunkers and stopped it on the green. 2 putted that for a easy par

Parred in from there to shoot even par the front and even for the day. I missed out on going under for the first time ever, after 3 previous even par rounds but I'll take the win in the A Grade Singles. It's been a while!!!

Stats:
    4 birdies
    12 GIR
    7/12 Fairways
    29 Putts
    1 x 3 Putts

PS I played with Dotty on Sunday, so 2 of my 4 par rounds have been with him, so I can't decide if he is a good luck charm or holding me back
    Talk us through the 23 points at Liverpool the week before

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Talk us through the 23 points at Liverpool the week before
    Nah, can't remember

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Decided to test my back out today , been nearly 7 weeks , hit a couple balls in the nets so I wouldn’t miss the first one , bladed all my practice chips , took out a different putter , skied the first tee shot knocked a 5 hybrid on sunk the 30 footer for birdie, went within a bees dick of a birdie on the second, had a couple of wipes thru poor wedges and crappy short game . Finished front nine with 13 pts , two birdies four bogeys 3 pars on the back for 19 pts . So 32 pts off 5 cap , 3 birdies, 2 wipes , 2 x 3 putts . Overall fairly happy now just wait to see how the back pulls up tomorrow
    Last edited by Grumpy8; 18th April 2019 at 01:54 PM.

Ozgolf Mod Major Winner
    Blog Entries

A haiku instead of a novel...

30 points today
    1 kakaa and 3 dumb wipes
    Anchor within reach.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I have 4 consecutive flags falling off. I could be playing off 12 in weeks!
    12 is a great cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    12 is a great cap.
    For a scratch golfer

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Having a short family holiday for a week in Airlie Beach and ducked over to Proserpine for a hit in their Thursday comp.

31 points with 2 wipes. The windy Whitsundays lived up to their name and I didn't do myself any favours with some dumb shots.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter View Post
    Masters 9 hole comp at Kooindah this morning. Had 5 over with 3 x 3 putts but still managed to win the green jacket with my partner Rickie Fowler having -2 on the back 9 at Augusta.

The added bonus/enjoyment was using the vintage Macgregor irons and persimmon woods I got from M3Jab and flushing them the whole way.
    Good to hear your back playing mate, nice!

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    For a scratch golfer
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Dcanto View Post
    Having a short family holiday for a week in Airlie Beach and ducked over to Proserpine for a hit in their Thursday comp.

31 points with 2 wipes. The windy Whitsundays lived up to their name and I didn't do myself any favours with some dumb shots.
    Getting to Hamilton Island for a game while you're there?

Thread Information