Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Hey, from Christchurch

Hi everyone

I’ve lurked around these pages a couple of times before and thought I should join in, it’s a great site with loads of useful info/members, hopefully I can contribute something useful at some point too 😀

I’m based in Christchurch, and am a member of Pegasus. I’ve played in Aus many times and am always looking for suggestions of places to visit and play.

Dunc

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
    Hi everyone

I’ve lurked around these pages a couple of times before and thought I should join in, it’s a great site with loads of useful info/members, hopefully I can contribute something useful at some point too

I’m based in Christchurch, and am a member of Pegasus. I’ve played in Aus many times and am always looking for suggestions of places to visit and play.

Dunc
    Welcome Dunc.

Is Pegasus as good as they say? I was hoping to play when I visited in June 2017, but ChCh was having it's 1 in a thousand year floods. Drove past and it looked good though...

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Welcome Dunc. Is Pegasus as good as they say? I was hoping to play when I visited in June 2017, but ChCh was having it's 1 in a thousand year floods. Drove past and it looked good though...
    Thanks benno, yeah I really rate it. We just had the NZ PGA here this month and the pro’s all sang it’s praises too. Having said that, NZ does have better courses and if you were making a special trip to NZ to play our best it might not make the cut.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Hi Dunc, welcome aboard.

What's Clearwater like as a course? I dropped in a few years back but the weather was awful and I couldn't see anything.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Junior Member Plays socially on a regular basis

Welcome Dunc!

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Welcome to the forum.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    Hi Dunc, welcome aboard. What's Clearwater like as a course? I dropped in a few years back but the weather was awful and I couldn't see anything.
    Thanks CourtyClearwater’s a good course, tough and very picturesque but it’s a typical resort course - lots of man made lakes, big bunkers etc but it doesn’t have much personality (if that makes sense). Don’t get me wrong, it’s one of the top 3 in Christchurch (along with Pegasus and Christchurch GC) but doesn’t compete with others around the country like Jacks Point, Cape Kidnappers, Kinloch etc.

Thread Information