Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Default April Meet-Up: Sunday 14th @ Mt Pleasant.

So far for Mount Pleasant on Sunday 14th April we have:

1. Hatch
    2. Nadg63
    3. Thecollective
    4. Wazamac
    5. Hard_Pan
    Last edited by nadg63; 27th March 2019 at 03:15 PM.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
    Don't forget to go straight at the green on the third
    Tee it up and go for it Rahm style.

One weekend left to put the Modus 120's in the Cobras if I want to use them. It's been that long I cant remember if the shafts were 4-PW or 3-9 iron
    Last edited by Hatchman; 2nd April 2019 at 03:29 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

I'm not able to make it to this one
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

Just a reminder to all Mount Pleasant has the honesty box for Green Fees.
    Let the moths out the wallet, bring Cash.

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Just a reminder to all Mount Pleasant has the honesty box for Green Fees.
    Let the moths out the wallet, bring Cash.
    noted, just sold the beaten up Falcon so now have lots of spare change

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    noted, just sold the beaten up Falcon so now have lots of spare change
    From the looks of it it's $25 tho! (hope you emptied the change out of the ashtray too!?)

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    From the looks of it it's $25 tho! (hope you emptied the change out of the ashtray too!?)
    Car needed $700 worth of parts, said no way flogging it on Gumtree, so I posted a beaten up Falcon for $500 on Gummy, think of the clientele interested in it.....

Sold tonight, then copped 2 abusive bogan phone calls (coz I gave out my number, intelligent move) gutted they missed out, one threatened me and told me to 'get the f ing car back off the **** now!'

NEVER again, will I EVER use Gumtree, mark my words
    Last edited by thecollective; 9th April 2019 at 07:08 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Car needed $700 worth of parts, said no way flogging it on Gumtree, so I posted a beaten up Falcon for $500 on Gummy, think of the clientele interested in it.....

Sold tonight, then copped 2 abusive bogan phone calls (coz I gave out my number, intelligent move) gutted they missed out, one threatened me and told me to 'get the f ing car back off the **** now!'
    Bloody ford owners, how bad are they. Could've been worse however, imagine if you'd been selling an Impreza
    "Golf makes different creatures of us all, some worse, some better, but all enthusiastic" Evening Journal, 1897.

NEVER again, will I EVER use Gumtree, mark my words
    Sounds like the usual Bogan-Tree buyer!

Quote Originally Posted by marcel View Post
    Bloody ford owners, how bad are they. Could've been worse however, imagine if you'd been selling an Impreza
    Proud to say im back to being a Honda driver. My father in-law sold his wife's Hyundai Getz, no bogans but tight arse middle eastern stalkers. Once again on Gummy

Home now. I suppose I better put the club's in my car now otherwise I will drive all that way and have to borrow.
    Once you go yellow, you will never go back

Quote Originally Posted by wazamac View Post
    Home now. I suppose I better put the club's in my car now otherwise I will drive all that way and have to borrow.
    Good point, better check what is/isn’t in my bag!

thanks for the hit today guys, was interesting to see the change from my vague memories of MP. Good to see couch fairways on a country track, they have held up well considering the heat and lack of rain. Greens are currently covered in fairway couch, they made for a brilliant chipping surface, we were told by one of the course volunteers (I assume) that the greens are getting re-done soon. If they take that nice green couch and use that to collar the green fringes they should setup quite nice. Layout is a bit up and down, I enjoyed the last hole the best, a nicely perched short Par 3.

Lamb & Rosemary pie was a complete winner as usual. Vanilla slice was off the charts tasty! good choice Nadg, became too much to bear for most of us watching you devour that thing of beauty. 3 vanilla slice orders later and we were all very satisfied.

Lake Albert was touted as a potential next venue, happy to travel and accommodate anyone else.

Was a good social outing again, good to catch up with you all again. Yes, the course has suffered a bit due to the total lack of rain here over the summer but it was what I expected it to be and accept the fact there is not much they can do about it really.

The 'slice' was the choice choice

Should've gone the Kitchener!

Quote Originally Posted by Peppas View Post
    Should've gone the Kitchener!
    Haha

Thanks for the whack guys even though my swing and striking is getting worse with every game that passes.
    Very nice bakery indeed TC. The pasty was very nice.
    I have seen the course in better nick but they are doing the best they can with the resources they have. Great layout but as
    Hatchy says, maybe they need to consider reducing to 9 holes to make it easier to maintain. Don't know which 9 to keep though.
    I think the front 9 is better.

Thanks for the hit everyone that attended. Conditions were perfect for a game and excellent company as always.
    Sadly the condition of the course is getting worse each year I have I hit there. They have a massive job ahead of them to get it back to a reasonable standard that attracts regular repeat Greens Fees paying players/groups. These clubs rely a lot on this outside money to keep small country clubs ticking over. Local membership can only get clubs so far.
    I wish them all the best in there journey to get it back as the layout is great and it would be shame to have it gone forever. IMHO I think small country towns are fighting a losing battle trying to maintain a full 18 holes these days. Meberships are generally lower and running costs of maintaining a course with water, chemicals and grounds maintence equipment are escalating.

Enough of the doom and gloom and despite the criticisms above it’s still better than Highercombe.
    Gamed the old now illeagle Callaway ERC II Driver and the Callaway S2H2 irons. The old Driver was a pleasure to hit all day and only hit one shocker that I tried to jump all over. Made solid contact with the irons all day where I had a full swing. Short game was non existent and putted like a muppet using my own putter this game. Actually looking forward to the next game already.

Shot of the day would have to be Nadg’s long putt on a green through a mixture of beach, forest desert and little bit of ok greens grass near the hole.
    I was the odd one out and never had the snot block at lunch. Everyone gourged on pastries while I enjoyed fish and chips.

W.I.T.B

Here’s a Google Earth Pic of Mount Pleasant Course.
    For a bit of fun everyone that played on the weekend have crack at carving the layout up into a 9hole course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    Shot of the day would have to be Nadg’s long putt on a green through a mixture of beach, forest desert and little bit of ok greens grass near the hole.
    I reckon Waza's 'Slam-Dunk' chip on the green straight in to the cup and straight out again would give it a a run!

Quote Originally Posted by nadg63 View Post
    I reckon Waza's 'Slam-Dunk' chip on the green straight in to the cup and straight out again would give it a a run!
    Ha, I forgot about that one and yes that might be the winner. Takes great talent to dunk it and have it hit the bottom of the cup not the lip and bounce straight back out. Must be all the practice getting it in the hole lately
    It think that inspired the quote “ Mount Pleasant’s greens are great ...... to chip off”
    Last edited by Hatchman; 15th April 2019 at 08:36 PM.

W.I.T.B

I’ll kick off the chop job.
    A must keep hole IMHO is the current 3rd hole across the dam leaving the problem of how to do you get down to the tee block to for that hole.
    I’d change the very difficult long Par 4 1st adding some length to the Tee Block and push the green back further and tuck it in behind the trees making it a short Par 5.
    I would have liked to have started from the existing Tee block and take the hole to the Par 3 second hole’s Green but that would only make the bombers go for the current 3rd hole Fairway making it an easy get home for 2. The only way to do that would possibly move the Tee Block more towards behind the Club House.
    I think I would make this hole somewhere else in the order and no longer be the first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hatchman; 16th April 2019 at 07:42 AM.

W.I.T.B

Doing that to the first would easily now turn the third hole into the second hole.

Yeh, that bit is easy but I'd rather have that over the dam hole mid to late round as I think it's better to step up to a hole like that when your more warmed up and to have it as a good round wrecker.
    It brings in a few more choices on how much you want to risk it. Im fairly sure that gum that overhangs the green in the picture is no longer there which makes the approach so much better too.

Ill work on the hole sequence as there's a few others I'd like to keep.

W.I.T.B

Thread Information