Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dsr

Senior Member Major Winner

You guys should just play social golf, then you don't need to worry about dsr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peppas View Post
    You guys should just play social golf, then you don't need to worry about dsr
    Like beating Tomsy for lunch every week, and your handicap never coming down?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Beautiful, looks like I'm complaining about nothing, Anglesea seems to be short and easy, fantastic

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Beautiful, looks like I'm complaining about nothing, Anglesea seems to be short and easy, fantastic
    Not the answer you were looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    Wynnum has a par of 70, scratch rating of 69 and a DSR of 68 most of the time. Can I get a seat at this table of outrage?
    Try playing Bargara mid week. Par 72, SCR 69, DSR normally 68.

It's a pretty short course, but there is nothing like having to shoot 40 to play to cap.

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

What is your handicap Mark, and what sort of scores are you having?

If you keep shooting low gross scores your handicap will look after itself (and should naturally come down regardless).

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

If you came for positive affirmation, you may not find it here.

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Just start a third thread about it; keep rolling those dice.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Played 2 shots better than my cap today but according to the wonderful DSR I played one shot worse any wonder I'm busting my backside to get lower, I feel like I'm talking to my ex
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Wanna swap??
    what does your ex look like?

It's probably important info, plus, does she play harder or easier?

Mark: why are you 'busting' to get lower?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

The game is much less stressful when you only worry about the things you can actually control. Slope, DSR, handicap, par, other players etc don’t really matter.

Just pick a spot to aim at, don’t think about anything else, hit the ball. Then find that ball and do it all over again. That’s it. The rest is just noise and will take care of itself.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    The game is much less stressful when you only worry about the things you can actually control. Slope, DSR, handicap, par, other players etc don’t really matter.

Just pick a spot to aim at, don’t think about anything else, hit the ball. Then find that ball and do it all over again. That’s it. The rest is just noise and will take care of itself.
    Sage words from the VIC champ. I think you should all listen, he has our greatest respect for the next 11.5 months.
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

I think alot of golfers come into the game with very high expectations and when they discover how actually hard the game is to master they clutch onto whatever they can get, like the number presented at the top of your score card.

To use the word 'busting' to describe lowering your handicap does not sound pleasant. Sounds like a run to the nearest bush after a 4 hour car ride. I would stop busting and start enjoying the fact I can spend 4+ hours of a golf course per week away from all the stresses of daily life

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    I think alot of golfers come into the game with very high expectations and when they discover how actually hard the game is to master they clutch onto whatever they can get, like the number presented at the top of your score card.

To use the word 'busting' to describe lowering your handicap does not sound pleasant. Sounds like a run to the nearest bush after a 4 hour car ride. I would stop busting and start enjoying the fact I can spend 4+ hours of a golf course per week away from all the stresses of daily life
    Hmmmmmm, yes and no.

I don't enjoy golf to get away from the stresses of daily life. If anything golf adds to them. So you could probably say I don't enjoy golf, period.

I am, however, a big fan of having the number at the top of my card be as low as possible. I'm "busting" to get it as low as possible. Well, without putting any time what-so-ever into practicing. Or playing. But that's got nothing to do with the DSR either. I go out, hit the ball as best as I possibly can, find it, hit it again, and count up my score at the end of the day. DSR is out of my control, and is determined by how others play, so what can I do?
    Ping G430 MAX 9° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 MAX 15° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Ping G430 Hybrid 20.5° - Tour Alta CB Stiff
    Srixon ZX7 4-PW - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue 120 S300
    Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50°, 54°, 58°
    Having SOME success with a Ping Tomcat, pray for me.
    GolfMap

Playing Golf used to be my happy place away from daily life with no outside noise affecting that time.
    Work/Home stress/pressures escalated than that outside noise started to contaminate my happy place and it was all down hill for Golf from there. It can be a terrible game to play and not enjoyable if your head is full of noise. The game and scores just happen when your head is calm and quiet. Much easier said than done and some balance it better than others.

How that is relevant to DSR is don't obsess over having to play x amount better than Par or it will become constant noise while your playing. Just Play and what will be, will be.
    Last edited by Hatchman; 14th March 2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchman View Post
    what will be, will be.
    Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 7.04.37 pm.jpg

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Isn't playing in the moment and not caring about the result what those sport psychologists make all their money telling people?

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    Isn't playing in the moment and not caring about the result what those sport psychologists make all their money telling people?
    This is what my father in law does for a job. I'll ask him.... for $300/hr, probably.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyD View Post
    That's how they justify being sh1t at golf

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If the fields are large enough and the technology is there (it is) DSR should be grade related

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    If the fields are large enough and the technology is there (it is) DSR should be grade related
    Have seen it done at an Open event.
    In most cases there can be a few shots difference in the results. It's interesting and more of a reflection of how the course is really playing relative to that grade.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Well I don't know how it works and am not very interested but thanks for the info
    You have pretty much nailed it right there.

The world golf handicap system gets put into place in 2020 worldwide (if the acronym WGHC isnt obvious) and they have adopted lock stock and barrel the australian handicap system with only the tiniest infinitesimal tweak. You better let them know before its tooo late
    --
    Criticism doesn't bother me, as it means I am doing something and people are watching.
    Handy-Cap

Thread Information