Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dsr

Default Dsr

Played 2 shots better than my cap today but according to the wonderful DSR I played one shot worse any wonder I'm busting my backside to get lower, I feel like I'm talking to my ex

Join Cabramatta. Easy track. Par is 70 and dsr is usually 74.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Go play with your ex, might have more fun!

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Go play with your ex, might have more fun!
    👍
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Played 2 shots better than my cap today but according to the wonderful DSR I played one shot worse any wonder I'm busting my backside to get lower, I feel like I'm talking to my ex
    Where do you play?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Didn't we already do this?

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    Where do you play?
    Anglesea Vic par 73 slope 132

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
    Didn't we already do this?
    We did.

Senior Member Major Winner
    Blog Entries

Maybe they are too good for their home ...

https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.ph...t-piss-you-off.
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Something isn't adding up. You have a 6046m par 73, with SCR 72, which DSR can not be any lower than 71, which means a 38 is treated the same as a "played to cap".

SCR 72 seems fair as 6046m is short for a par 73. To give you an example, Royal Melbourne West is a 6067m (off the blue) Par 72 that has a SCR of 72.

The second part is, for DSR to be 71 it means the field is exceeding expectations, and the course is playing easier than expected.

In summary, there is nothing that appears to be wrong with your courses SCR/DSR. You are experiencing what most club golfers experience in their day to day golfing life. 3 rounds a week at my course, Par is 70, SCR is 69, and generally DSR is 68, no different to you.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

I wish I played at a course where DSR was two under every round rather than 2 over. My cap would be reflective of my ability, not just my HomeTrackHeroics ability.

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    I wish I played at a course where DSR was two under every round rather than 2 over. My cap would be reflective of my ability, not just my HomeTrackHeroics ability.
    Are you a member at Cabramatta too?

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Are you a member at Cabramatta too?
    Gungalunga Lakes is Canberra's version of Cabramatta.

Well I don't know how it works and am not very interested but thanks for the info, it's bloody difficult to just to break even when guys are coming in with 50pts one week and 48 the next or 9up WTF, all I want to do is play to my cap without the pressure of having to have to par with damn course every week, either the DSR system or the new amazing cap system or both are failing and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this complaint, mark

Well I don't know how it works and am not very interested but thanks for the info, it's bloody difficult to just to break even when guys are coming in with 50pts one week and 48 the next or 9up WTF, all I want to do is play to my cap without the pressure of having to have to par with damn course every week, either the DSR system or the new amazing cap system or both are failing and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this complaint, mark
    If people are shooting 48 and 50, and dsr is 2 under par, you are playing at an easy track.

Your handicap probably reflects this nicely. It's quite a good system that factors all this in.

Sounds like DSR is working perfectly, to me.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Mark, the system doesn't expect you to play to your handicap every week. It's just a number.

Blog Entries

Use it as preparation to getting a few shots back for the big prize events.

It's just amateur sport. Go out and enjoy yourself.

45 points is beating handicap by one shot every 2 holes. It’s not really surprising somebody will get there off a high handicap.

The higher the handicap, the more likely it’ll happen, especially if there is a large number high handicappers. All you see is the winning score but it’s likely a different bloke each week.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

As they take it in turns.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    As they take it in turns.
    He needs to be more friendly with the bloke that fills in everyone's cards.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Wanna swap??

Senior Member Order of Merit winner

Having played a bit at Anglesea, I'm surprised the slope is that high, which of course gives the high handicap choppers a bit of a boost. Should be more like 123-125 given the 5 par 5's and overall length (and width)

That said, this time of year you will get comp winners having huge scores as conditions are perfect for the C graders, especially on shorter tracks like yours. (52 points won our C grade on Saturday !) Just let the score take car of itself, and in a few months you'll have gone out a shot or two and will be winning the comp with 38 when the C graders, who by then will have come in a couple of shots, cant get anywhere near that score.

Do you play your club comps in grades? If not, your match committee need a boot up the arse....

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Most likely the course is playing easier than the rating for the higher caps , happens a lot in summer eg more run or no rough. It can also happen if the course is set up easier , if only one rating it will be for the back plates , if you have long tees then you can be playing 10 / 20 mts forward on lots of holes enabling the choppers to get past the trouble the rating factors in from the plates

Wynnum has a par of 70, scratch rating of 69 and a DSR of 68 most of the time. Can I get a seat at this table of outrage?

Thread Information