Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: WDYSTM - March

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Default WDYSTM - March

Monthly Medal this morning. Usual programming has resumed for summer golf... raining, preferred lies, bunkers GUR etc etc.

I shot 79/74. A run of soft bogies on the back killed off any Medal hopes I had.
    Handic(r)ap | 2024 Eclectic | WITB | GolfMap

10 glorious tours of the Uncivil War

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Beaconhills monthly medal 86/81 pretty ordinary debut as a five capper, became a practice round after four holes

Admin Team Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

87/70 in squally rain for the monthly medal. 2nd in B grade. Pretty solid most of the day except for 2 dumb triples.

spasticrap
    Sim 2 Max / PRGR
    3W 7W 4H - Sim 2 Max
    Miura 57 CBs - ADDI
    Odessey #7

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

MM with Olinda today.Shocking head cold ended up DQ myself after losing a ball on the fairway in amongst a million leaves,so I just walked on.I think I shot around 22 points so was shit anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Member Club Champion

94/79 - ejected by the wind today and my inability to adjust to the conditions. Even when I gave myself good opportunities my short game was rubbish.

75 off the stick for 38pts this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by henno View Post
    I shot 99 for both of my rounds this week.

I also lost both of my bets on the horses.

Shot what I thought was another 99 at the Reddy Bay back marker on Friday; even lagged a par putt on the last to ensure I didn't raise the bat.
    Turned out to be an even 100 when I rechecked the card.

Needless to say that was enough for me to cancel my Saturday spot for the second round of club champs and drank beer and smoked ribs in my backyard all day instead. No regrets; golf can EAD.

Senior Member Major Winner

Shot what I thought was another 99 at the Reddy Bay back marker on Friday; even lagged a par putt on the last to ensure I didn't raise the bat.
    Turned out to be an even 100 when I rechecked the card.

Needless to say that was enough for me to cancel my Saturday spot for the second round of club champs and drank beer and smoked ribs in my backyard all day instead. No regrets; golf can EAD.
    Is that the club champs spot you struggled to get because it was fully booked?

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Is that the club champs spot you struggled to get because it was fully booked?
    second round
    No.

Weekend of crappy golf.... driving and putting were great... but the irons failed me this weekend

No.
    So not second round of club champs for you then? Just a Saturday. Got it.

So not second round of club champs for you then? Just a Saturday. Got it.
    Correct. Just a regular Saturday for me, effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by okitoki View Post
    Weekend of crappy golf.... driving and putting were great... but the irons failed me this weekend
    Hi there I'm new to this,,,, what a great place to vent crappy rounds I felt like I I just gave the club some free money, couldn't get off the stupid bogey bus, went back to basics still no good another week of work to wait

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Courty View Post
    75 off the stick for 38pts this morning.
    on fire!!!!!!

Member Touring Pro (Aust PGA)

Had 79 off the stick yesterday for 40 points with 2-3 putts missed that should of been sunk ... pfffft.
    "If it ain't broke ... Break it"

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Par event today.
    Even on front 9,+2 on back 9 for a plus 2 ,loss on the last.
    2 x birdies
    1 x 3putt

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Oh my. What a weird day that was. Worked a couple of things out on the range this week on my swing which was good.

I flushed my irons and wedges all day. Got rid of the ‘wipey-ness’ and compressed it a bit more. This resulted in carrying everything ½ to a full club longer than I have been, flew it over the green on 10,11,16,18,3,6,7,9.

I miss bent greens. Probably hit 3 bad putts but had 35 of the suckers and 3x 3 putts.

85 for 31 points.

Single stableford this morning in the rain (again).

I had a good day out with 74 for 38pts off my shiny new 4 handicap. Consider for a moment that there was a lost-ball (plugged drive) that resulted in a double & wipe, as well as 2 x 3-putts, then it truly could have been anything. 5 birdies really helped, all bar one the result of binning putts in the 15-30ft+ range. There were a couple of ridiculous par saves that I had no right to make as well.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Vardon event at Charlestown 75 (+3).

Had 3 x penalties and a 3 putt. 16 pars, double and a bogey 🤪
    Golf Map | WITB: Titleist TSR3 9* / Titleist 917F 3W 13.5* / PING G430 5W 17* / Titleist T100S 4I - PW / Vokey SM9 50-8*, 55-10*, 60-10* / PING Sigma2 Kushin C 35.5" / Titleist ProV1

OK, I'll start of by saying this could be long winded, but hear me out. Today, I shot my best round ever. In there were 6 holes of Hoges like performance. The will be plenty of bragging. Not humble, nor passive. You've been warned.

Maryborough GC Saturday Stableford. Course is a little rough due to lack of rain, and greens a bit furry due to a recent renovation. GA 12.8, daily of 13.

Started the first 4 holes pretty steady - drove well on 1 and 2, but average iron shots saw me in the green side pots. Couldnt get up and down on 1, but did on 2. 3 was a long par 3 into the wind that again caught the pot - couldnt get up and down. 4 was a drive that didnt quite clear the left tree, saw me taking a bogey to be 8 points and +3 off the stick. I though I was hitting it quite well though.

5 is a par 5 - driver the middle, hybrid to 20m, hit an average chip to 25ft. Hit a pure putt that curled in and stopped hanging over the edge. Easy 5/2

6 is a par 4 - driver down the middle, wedge to 15ft. Hit a pure putt that curled and horseshoed for an easy 4/3

7 is a par 3 - beautiful 8i into the wind that hits the flag (the fabric part), and goes 6ft past. Snake in a tricky putt for 2/3

8 is a par 4 water all the way down the left - Bomb the F9 straight down the middle, hit a fantastic 9i straight over the flag to 10ft. Also pretty tricky, but curl it in for a 3/4 (Index 2)

9 is a short par 3 again all water left - hit a tasty little 9i that pitches 2" from the hole, rolls out to NTP of 82cm. Drive it in for a 2/3, 3 birds in a row (my PB).

Manage to finish the front 9 on 23pts, or even par. Massive milestone achieved by beating my previous 9 hole best of +3.

The boys I was playing with (unbeknownst to me) shotgun a few beers at halfway, so I am sitting on the 10th wondering wtf is going on - also a little shellshocked from my front 9.

10 is a par 5, rip an absolute bomb with the F9 straight down the middle. It's not the kind of hole you really go for in 2, so I lay up to 80m to go. Hit a pitch with a gap wedge that is lasering the flag, that lands 60cm and just stops dead. Drive it dead in the heart for a 4/4 and my fourth consecutive birdy. And the first time I go red to be -1 through 10.

11 is a very hard par 3, I hit a hybrid that lands on the dance floor but just trickles off the right, and I can't get up and down, and take a bogey to get back even.

So in 6 holes (5-10), I have gone -4, and could easily have gone -6. I cannot describe how in that time how it felt to play golf. Everything I looked at I did, well. It was just a surreal feeling, and one I hope to have again soon.

Anyway, Driver, 9i on 12 to 45ft, and another putt that finished on the high side of the hole. 13 I ripped 3w down the middle - but hit a poor wedge that managed to lodge under the lip of the bunker. Took a drop and couldn't get up and down to record my only double and wipe.

Smoked another driver on 14, tugged my 5i and managed to not get up and down. 15 was driver, 6i, 8i to 20ft, and an easy 5/3. 16 was a great drive that feed left into the trees, played what i thought was the perfect punch only to hit the 100m marker and ricochet to the right side of the fairway. Hit a great wedge to 3ft, and nailed another 4/3. 17 is a long par 3 I drilled hybrid on. I thought it was good, but turns out it rolled over the back. Couldn't get up and down, so another 4/2, and +4.

18 is a tough finisher - I know I have to bogey or better to shoot my best round ever. Being it's water all the way down the right, I pull my drive into the trees. I sneak a low hook out onto the FW, and wedge on the green with 70ft to the hole. Knowing I have to lag it in to be able to shoot a 75, a choke a little and pull my put 15ft left. After giving my self an uppercut, and being nervous AF, I absolutely nail it, to finish with +5, and 44pts.

So 2 things stood out for me today. F9 lives up to the hype and more. As does my new Toulon Atlanta putter. I hope this is a big cut on my cap. I haven't felt this good about golf in a long time.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

23/21 44 (+5 off the waz) with 1 wipe.
    4 birdies
    6 pars
    7 bogies
    1 double
    29 putts, no 3 jigs
    11/13 FW
    8/18 GIR
    Last edited by benno_r; 9th March 2019 at 09:22 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    OK, I'll start of by saying this could be long winded, but hear me out. Today, I shot my best round ever. In there were 6 holes of Hoges like performance. The will be plenty of bragging. Not humble, nor passive. You've been warned.

Maryborough GC Saturday Stableford. Course is a little rough due to lack of rain, and greens a bit furry due to a recent renovation. GA 12.8, daily of 13.

Started the first 4 holes pretty steady - drove well on 1 and 2, but average iron shots saw me in the green side pots. Couldnt get up and down on 1, but did on 2. 3 was a long par 3 into the wind that again caught the pot - couldnt get up and down. 4 was a drive that didnt quite clear the left tree, saw me taking a bogey to be 8 points and +3 off the stick. I though I was hitting it quite well though.

5 is a par 5 - driver the middle, hybrid to 20m, hit an average chip to 25ft. Hit a pure putt that curled in and stopped hanging over the edge. Easy 5/2

6 is a par 4 - driver down the middle, wedge to 15ft. Hit a pure putt that curled and horseshoed for an easy 4/3

7 is a par 3 - beautiful 8i into the wind that hits the flag (the fabric part), and goes 6ft past. Snake in a tricky putt for 2/3

8 is a par 4 water all the way down the left - Bomb the F9 straight down the middle, hit a fantastic 9i straight over the flag to 10ft. Also pretty tricky, but curl it in for a 4/4 (Index 2)

9 is a short par 3 again all water left - hit a tasty little 9i that pitches 2" from the hole, rolls out to NTP of 82cm. Drive it in for a 2/3, 3 birds in a row (my PB).

Manage to finish the front 9 on 23pts, or even par. Massive milestone achieved by beating my previous 9 hole best of +3.

The boys I was playing with (unbeknownst to me) shotgun a few beers at halfway, so I am sitting on the 10th wondering wtf is going on - also a little shellshocked from my front 9.

10 is a par 5, rip an absolute bomb with the F9 straight down the middle. It's not the kind of hole you really go for in 2, so I lay up to 80m to go. Hit a pitch with a gap wedge that is lasering the flag, that lands 60cm and just stops dead. Drive it dead in the heart for a 4/4 and my fourth consecutive birdy. And the first time I go red to be -1 through 10.

11 is a very hard par 3, I hit a hybrid that lands on the dance floor but just trickles off the right, and I can't get up and down, and take a bogey to get back even.

So in 6 holes (5-10), I have gone -4, and could easily have gone -6. I cannot describe how in that time how it felt to play golf. Everything I looked at I did, well. It was just a surreal feeling, and one I hope to have again soon.

Anyway, Driver, 9i on 12 to 45ft, and another putt that finished on the high side of the hole. 13 I ripped 3w down the middle - but hit a poor wedge that managed to lodge under the lip of the bunker. Took a drop and couldn't get up and down to record my only double and wipe.

Smoked another driver on 14, tugged my 5i and managed to not get up and down. 15 was driver, 6i, 8i to 20ft, and an easy 5/3. 16 was a great drive that feed left into the trees, played what i thought was the perfect punch only to hit the 100m marker and ricochet to the right side of the fairway. Hit a great wedge to 3ft, and nailed another 4/3. 17 is a long par 3 I drilled hybrid on. I thought it was good, but turns out it rolled over the back. Couldn't get up and down, so another 4/2, and +4.

18 is a tough finisher - I know I have to bogey or better to shoot my best round ever. Being it's water all the way down the right, I pull my drive into the trees. I sneak a low hook out onto the FW, and wedge on the green with 70ft to the hole. Knowing I have to lag it in to be able to shoot a 75, a choke a little and pull my put 15ft left. After giving my self an uppercut, and being nervous AF, I absolutely nail it, to finish with +5, and 44pts.

So 2 things stood out for me today. F9 lives up to the hype and more. As does my new Toulon Atlanta putter. I hope this is a big cut on my cap. I haven't felt this good about golf in a long time.

4 birdies
    6 pars
    7 bogies
    1 double
    29 putts, no 3 jigs
    11/13 FW
    8/18 GIR
    Great read, super stoked for you mate. Career rounds are an extension of the feeling those perfectly flushed long irons gives you.

Dibs on the Mizuno Type B

8 is a par 4 water all the way down the left - Bomb the F9 straight down the middle, hit a fantastic 9i straight over the flag to 10ft. Also pretty tricky, but curl it in for a 4/4 (Index 2)

4 birdies
    6 pars
    7 bogies
    1 double
    29 putts, no 3 jigs
    11/13 FW
    8/18 GIR
    TL;DR what was for lunch?

Well played! You get a golf clap

4 birdies
    6 pars
    7 bogies
    1 double
    29 putts, no 3 jigs
    11/13 FW
    8/18 GIR
    I don’t usually read long winded crap like that and I still don’t. But 4 birds and 44 points must have been some round.

Just joking mate. Congrats on your new PB.

Driver: Titleist 913D3 9.5*
    Hybrid: : Ping G20 17*
    Irons: Mizuno MP54 3-PW
    Wedges: Titleist 56* Standard Bounce
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey 35"
    Bag: Titleist s83 Staff

GOLFLINK

TL;DR what was for lunch?

Well played! You get a golf clap
    A muesli bar for me, and a bottle of water.

3 beers each for the lads.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Congratulations, Benno. It looks like you had the ball on a string with the irons for a good stretch.

Thread Information