Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Gday from the goldy

Hi all.as my username suggests i can be a bit of a hacker at times and unfortunately consider, at this stage anyway, a bogey to be acceptable. I plan on working on that.im 54 but planning on retiring in the next few weeks so im going to be playing a lot more..i usually play around my immediate area in currumbin but really keen to branch out to byron murbah out to mudgeeraba etc etc...so i'll be asking plenty of dumb questions so i can learn...so if you can bear with me and its a pleasure to meet you all.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the upcoming retirement.

Golf is, in part, a game; but only in part. It is also in part a religion, a fever, a vice, a mirage, a frenzy, a fear, an abscess, a joy, a thrill, a pest, a disease, an uplift, a brooding, a melancholy, a dream of yesterday and a hope for tomorrow. - New York Tribune, 1916.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the funny farm Bogeyman!
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner

Welcome BG. There are plenty of Bogey experts here! I tend to have more of them than pars, on average. And I am in the bottom 10/15% of handicaps, so don't feel like you are "below par". The trick is to not turn them into Doubles or Triples!

Dave

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Hi all.as my username suggests i can be a bit of a hacker at times and unfortunately consider, at this stage anyway, a bogey to be acceptable. I plan on working on that.im 54 but planning on retiring in the next few weeks so im going to be playing a lot more..i usually play around my immediate area in currumbin but really keen to branch out to byron murbah out to mudgeeraba etc etc...so i'll be asking plenty of dumb questions so i can learn...so if you can bear with me and its a pleasure to meet you all.
    54/11?

Byron and Murwillumbah are both very enjoyable.

They both look great courses

Thank you all for the warm welcome.i have my first question.i dont have a handicap as such but feel im prob a high handicapperlike at least a 20.....i would like to get fitted for new clubs but do you think i should take a few lessons first or theyll check my swing at the fitting? I guess im concerned that i'll be paying a couple of grand to get properly fitting and get nice gear but it'll change if my swing changes with lessons and have to get re-fitted? Make sense?

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Thank you all for the warm welcome.i have my first question.i dont have a handicap as such but feel im prob a high handicapperlike at least a 20.....i would like to get fitted for new clubs but do you think i should take a few lessons first or theyll check my swing at the fitting? I guess im concerned that i'll be paying a couple of grand to get properly fitting and get nice gear but it'll change if my swing changes with lessons and have to get re-fitted? Make sense?
    Welcome Bogeyman. It’s an age old question and gets asked a lot. If you’re in the 20’s maybe set a target to get lessons and get to say 10-12 and treat yourself with a shiny new set.

Senior Member Major Winner

Lessons first. Play for a while before you fork out all that money. You may get to 10, you may never get any lower than 20. Whatever happens you should at least have a fairly consistent swing after a few months

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Welcome Bogeyman. It's nice to have another member that plays golf on the forum.

Thank you all for welcome and advice....so i guess the next question is can anyone recommend a coach here on the southern goldy?

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Welcome B.There are a couple of golf schools up that way that run multiple day schools,otherwise all courses will have a coach.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Love the Goldy, look forward to you joining a nice club so you can host me when I’m there!
    Welcome!

Thanks joeS.lol you dont ask you dont get hey nemo

Thread Information