A stunning 84 off the bat in my return match. New M3 driver went back on the market on the 4th hole, hit hybrid for the rest of the round. Which was fun in 50 click gusting winds!

Started with a weak bogey on the first, hooked tee shot and didn't get up and down from greenside. Bogey on the second after a hooked tee shot, chip for par hit the flag but didn't drop. Double bogey on the third after a massively hooked tee shot, then a massively hooked recovery 3 iron. Then a massively hooked approach shot. Bogeyed the fourth after a big slice. No, I'm just kidding, it was a massive hook. Recovered to the front of the green but semi bladed my 54° wedge. Parred the 5th after only a small hook, which I semi-allowed for. Bogeyed 6 after finally finding a fairway (because I hit my 3 iron so far off the toe there was no grooves to impart the usual hook spin), but 3-jacking from the fringe. Parred 7, nothing to report except the lipped out birdie putt form 12 feet. Bogeyed 8 after hitting 8 iron a grand total of 100m into the wind. Parred 9 after hooking tee shot, but playing brilliant recovery. Gave the driver one final chance on 10 and hit what may have been the worst hooked drive I've hit this decade. Nice hybrid recovery, but left it short from 60m. Easy bogey. Bogeyed 11 after I didn't hit a hook. WTF!? Couldn't make the up 'n' down. Bogeyed 12 after hooking my approach. Couldn't make the up 'n' down. Parred 13, beautiful hybrid off the tee, 5 iron off the no-groove toe again to the corner, wedge on, lip out birdie putt. Parred 14, hooked hybrid, had to hook a wedge for approach, did succesfully but wind held it out, made up 'n' down. Parred 15, hooked a hybrid nearly out of bounds but played solid recovery to front of green, nearly holed the chipped wedge, tapped in successfully from 6 inches. Parred 16, lovely hybrid off the tee, another hybrid to leave me 80m out. Wedged on, birdie putt ran over edge of hole. Bogeyed 17 after hooking hybrid. Had a line to the green but hooked 5 iron approach. Chipped up to 10 feet and nailed the line but left it 12 inches short. Bogeyed 18 with the purest 6 iron from 175 flew the green and out the back. Hit the chip just a little firm and rolled down to about 10 feet. Horseshoe the putt, job done, bish bash bosh.

Happy with how I hit it.