Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Default Edel putter fitting

Has anyone done this and if so would you recommend it?

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Who Deos it, Pureform?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Who Deos it, Pureform?
    Yep. Allan from Aussie Golf Reviewer had it done couple of years ago but is no longer using it. The theory sounds good and the fitting process seems very thorough.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yep. Allan from Aussie Golf Reviewer had it done couple of years ago but is no longer using it. The theory sounds good and the fitting process seems very thorough.
    You need it counterbalanced with a thicker grip

Member Monthly medal winner

Great system when combined with the proper training/experience/skills. Having a putter you can consistently aim correctly and control distance with can only reduce scores

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I had it done maybe 5yrs ago at Pureform. The best part for me is determining a head shape, alignment aid (dot, topline, flange line etc), and neck style/offset. You have no idea how much of a difference it makes until you spend the time with the Edel laser alignment system.

I did buy the putter they recommended, and used it again for the first time in a while for excellent results. Yes it is heavy head, yes it is fat grip, and yes it is counterbalanced. If that is no good, I can understand that, but the underlying concept of head shape, alignment aid, and neck style/offset is the big thing that should be taken from the fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Yes, I had it done maybe 5yrs ago at Pureform. The best part for me is determining a head shape, alignment aid (dot, topline, flange line etc), and neck style/offset. You have no idea how much of a difference it makes until you spend the time with the Edel laser alignment system.I did buy the putter they recommended, and used it again for the first time in a while for excellent results. Yes it is heavy head, yes it is fat grip, and yes it is counterbalanced. If that is no good, I can understand that, but the underlying concept of head shape, alignment aid, and neck style/offset is the big thing that should be taken from the fitting.
    Did you get their “torque balanced” putter?

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

I got it done, used the putter once....terrible looking thing in the end!

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Yes, I had it done maybe 5yrs ago at Pureform. The best part for me is determining a head shape, alignment aid (dot, topline, flange line etc), and neck style/offset. You have no idea how much of a difference it makes until you spend the time with the Edel laser alignment system.I did buy the putter they recommended, and used it again for the first time in a while for excellent results. Yes it is heavy head, yes it is fat grip, and yes it is counterbalanced. If that is no good, I can understand that, but the underlying concept of head shape, alignment aid, and neck style/offset is the big thing that should be taken from the fitting.
    I had the same fitting at Pureform around the same time and it was ok but felt like more of a sales pitch than anything else. Had another one a few months ago at Cool Clubs and found it heaps better. Better tech, gave me some stroke/set up tips, got my specs and even customized the putter I brought with me for free to get it closer to my ideal spec. No sales pitch at all and complete absence of any push towards any particular brand. Putting has definitely improved since then too.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Quote Originally Posted by 8081travis View Post
    I got it done, used the putter once....terrible looking thing in the end!
    Bwahahaha, no super rat!

Did you get their “torque balanced” putter?
    Nope, just a stock pixel insert putter. 380g head, 1.5 shaft offset, and topline alignment in a mid blade shape.

Was originally silver, but had it refinished by edel in the states after it recieved a topline ding.

Was a 3rd anniversary present to myself...

Last edited by benno_r; 3rd February 2019 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I had the same fitting at Pureform around the same time and it was ok but felt like more of a sales pitch than anything else. Had another one a few months ago at Cool Clubs and found it heaps better. Better tech, gave me some stroke/set up tips, got my specs and even customized the putter I brought with me for free to get it closer to my ideal spec. No sales pitch at all and complete absence of any push towards any particular brand. Putting has definitely improved since then too.
    Who did you see at Cool Clubs? Josh? Jack?

Nope, just a stock pixel insert putter. 380g head, 1.5 shaft offset, and topline alignment in a mid blade shape.Was originally silver, but had it refinished by edel in the states after it recieved a topline ding.Was a 3rd anniversary present to myself...
    That actually looks pretty cool. 😎

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Who did you see at Cool Clubs? Josh? Jack?
    Luke (at least that’s who emailed me the specs afterwards).
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Thread Information