Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Golf tipping site

Hey all,

Just a quick shameless plug - I've finally got this golf tipping site off the ground after years of trying, and getting ripped off by a few developers along the way.

Teepster.com is where you start a league (two tipping options), invite your mates and then play against them on the PGA Tour by selecting one player each week. You're ranked against each other by the $ your golfer earns each week. I've kept it as simple, and as fun as possible. And free.

I won't go on. If you're keen that'd be great as I'm looking for more users to give me feedback - and hunt down any more glitches. Let me know if you need more info.

Greeny

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Signed up, we don't start our comp for a couple of weeks. Me and the guy that organises it might do a test run prior.

Couple of questions if you don't mind:
    - How do you work the cut offs for people selecting, is it manual or programmed in?
    - Is there a prompt if you have already selected a player in a previous week?
    - Email security, was that in the terms and conditions (as usual I didn't read them)

Hey mate, sorry for the late response,

- Yeah the cut-off for golfer selection each week is automatic. Generally an hour before the first tee shot is hit at each tournament.
    - If you're playing the tipping format where you can only tip one player each season (one-pick league) then yes, you'll see that previously picked golfers will be greyed out in future tournaments.
    - I've got a privacy policy in the t&c's (https://teepster.com/terms) but don't track user behaviour other than the information used when you signed up. But as far as email security goes, I'm using mailgun for email notifications (reminders to tip etc), that have their own security policy (https://www.mailgun.com/security-privacy) but in summary they don't use the emails for spam and if they blacklist an email for some reason they'll let you know it's happened and the reason.

Let me know if you've got any more queries, I'll try and be more prompt from now on.

I've finally got this idea off the ground if anyone is keen for some golf tipping fun from the Masters through to The Open in July.

https://mailchi.mp/7877e2e1b789/teepster-major-2-major

Thread Information