Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

You obviously have never felt the indian sun!

I landed in Delhi many years ago.it was 47*c at 10am......with pollution galore. Fun place!
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Senior Member Major Winner

Steve Bradbury is gonna win the Indian open

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Steve Bradbury is gonna win the Indian open
    Hahahah

The course is very Mickey Mouse, particularly the last two holes. Almost like taking a round seriously at Holey Moley mini golf

The funny thing is the course was constructed on a site that was originally entirely flat, it would have cost zillions to build that thing. But of course India can afford it, forget about the majority of its ppl suffering in severe poverty

Awesome win by Steve Gallacher, just an incredible track, shame the fireman extinguished himself

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by thecollective View Post
    The course is very Mickey Mouse, particularly the last two holes. Almost like taking a round seriously at Holey Moley mini golf

The funny thing is the course was constructed on a site that was originally entirely flat, it would have cost zillions to build that thing. But of course India can afford it, forget about the majority of its ppl suffering in severe poverty
    The course is what I see as the new generation of modern asian premium courses design - extravagant, penal, heroic - something out of a computer game. Cost doesn't matter if it looks amazing on TV, and has people desiring to play the dream.

Yes, they trucked in a bazillion tons of everything, but it doesn't pretend its a parkland course like Delhi.

As for social responsibility, there are near enough a million millionaires in India. And golf has never been a sport that cares about the poorest, so why make the comparison?

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Each to their own, im sure the locals love it.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

It sure made for an entertaining final round!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I could've put this in the hole in one thread, but Andy Sullivan isn't an Ozgolfer, so it fits better here.

The Euro Tour has a 500 ball hole in one challenge. E Molinari and Brandon Stone couldn't do it.

But on the coverage last night they showed Andy Sullivan doing it, on shot 230. I'm sure they'll show it again, but its also on the Euro Tour website.

Almost as impressive as the holeout, and Andy's reaction, is the divot pattern on the tee. Very precise and consistent.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Funny bugger Andy Sullivan

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Yep. His online game is noteworthy.

What a terrific event the British Masters turned into.

I thought after the first two rounds, when they were shooting 63 and 64 all over that it was going to be one of those 25 under shootouts on a course that didn't present enough of a challenge, but I was wrong.

In the end the course turned out to be very fair, rewarding good golf while just difficult enough not be a piece of cake. Which was perfect, because Hillside looked absolutely fantastic, particularly the back nine. It was the sort of place that made me want to go there and play a game.

It would be great if they played there again.

The British Masters seems to have established a tradition where it is hosted by a name player at a course of their choosing, which is something I really like. Unless they start doubling up Luke Donald or Lee Westwood, they might be running out of players with sufficient status to be the host, so Tommy might host again at Hillside. I hope so.

I did take a bit of a dislike to Matt Wallace in this event though. I don't recall him in other events being quite as intense and blaming bad luck for everything as he was this time around. i thought he was going to burst into tears a few times over the closing holes.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post

I thought after the first two rounds, when they were shooting 63 and 64 all over that it was going to be one of those 25 under shootouts on a course that didn't present enough of a challenge, but I was wrong.

In the end the course turned out to be very fair, rewarding good golf while just difficult enough not be a piece of cake. Which was perfect, because Hillside looked absolutely fantastic, particularly the back nine. It was the sort of place that made me want to go there and play a game.

The British Masters seems to have established a tradition where it is hosted by a name player at a course of their choosing, which is something I really like. Unless they start doubling up Luke Donald or Lee Westwood, they might be running out of players with sufficient status to be the host, so Tommy might host again at Hillside. I hope so.

I did take a bit of a dislike to Matt Wallace in this event though. I don't recall him in other events being quite as intense and blaming bad luck for everything as he was this time around. i thought he was going to burst into tears a few times over the closing holes.
    Matt Wallace seemed like a tool late in the round

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Go the two ball Ody!

Tommy stepped up to host the event otherwise it may not have been played at all.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...-european-tour

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Matt Wallace seemed like a tool late in the round
    He should of grabbed something from that Mr Whippy van near thev15th tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    He should of grabbed something from that Mr Whippy van near thev15th tee.
    That’ll cheer anyone up

I quite enjoyed the 2nd round of the Irish Open, after not being thrilled by the first sighting of the course.

As a lifelong hater of blind shots, after a second look I still believe the 4th is one of the worst holes I've ever seen, particularly with out of bounds right next to the blind green, but the rest of the course justifies its very high world ranking.

This is one I wouldn't really like to play, though. Maybe it was just the tiger tees the pro's were playing from, but there were a lot of forced carries off the tees, including from the 7th tee over the 6th green. Safety Regulations would prevent Australian courses from ever doing that. If we had an Ozgolf day there it would take us 7 hours to play our round.

The commentary was quite good last night as well, with Mark James actually showing some personality.

In a way I was disappointed with the lack of PGA Tour players in the field. I thought a few more would take the opportunity to play a classic course and also give themselves plenty of time to acclimatise.

Banned

I quite enjoyed the 2nd round of the Irish Open, after not being thrilled by the first sighting of the course.

As a lifelong hater of blind shots, after a second look I still believe the 4th is one of the worst holes I've ever seen, particularly with out of bounds right next to the blind green, but the rest of the course justifies its very high world ranking.

This is one I wouldn't really like to play, though. Maybe it was just the tiger tees the pro's were playing from, but there were a lot of forced carries off the tees, including from the 7th tee over the 6th green. Safety Regulations would prevent Australian courses from ever doing that. If we had an Ozgolf day there it would take us 7 hours to play our round.

The commentary was quite good last night as well, with Mark James actually showing some personality.

In a way I was disappointed with the lack of PGA Tour players in the field. I thought a few more would take the opportunity to play a classic course and also give themselves plenty of time to acclimatise.
    Don't know what broadcasts you've been watching of the Euro Tour of late but Mark James is always the same. Just says it how he sees it, no filter. He's great.

Why would you think PGA Tour players would come over for the Irish Open? There's only a few of them come over for the Scottish Open before The Open so why would any of them turn up for the Irish? I'm glad they don't come. Gives guys like Cormac Sharvin a chance to earn some cash (or maybe even win!) and his card for next year. And besides, we don't need to see the bash brothers or bomb and gouge crowd more than absolutely necessary!

Great to see Robert Rock shoot 10 under today in the third round to take the lead! RR or EP for the win!!!

Junior Member Plays with an ex-hire set

More cash at the 3M on the tour, fair few pga tour pros come next week don't place scottish (not a links course) and just play local courses to the Open venue, pics on twitter of Rory playin portrush

RCB looks dialled in at the moment, Peps looks out of sorts as do Rocky

Banned

Hump day of the best three weeks of golf all year. The Renaissance looks like another one to add to the list of courses to play in the UK. Let's hope a more interesting player than the bash bro that won the Irish last week can win this week. Burned Cheeseburger or Slattery would be cool. Brandon Stone is close enough that he could defend as well which would be good to see given he's struggled this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Hump day of the best three weeks of golf all year. The Renaissance looks like another one to add to the list of courses to play in the UK. Let's hope a more interesting player than the bash bro that won the Irish last week can win this week. Burned Cheeseburger or Slattery would be cool. Brandon Stone is close enough that he could defend as well which would be good to see given he's struggled this season.
    Love this 👍👍👍

Great to watch and listen to compared to the Seppo Tour rubbish.

Well done Andrew Johnston and chesseburger.

Wade Ormsby finding some form

Thread Information