Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Member Club Champion

Kuchar gunning for the most disliked player on tour

https://twitter.com/Ladiestees1/stat...49641079029761

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I was there, at Wentworth today. Huge crowds so I couldn't get close to the stars.
    Awesome course. It looks better live than on tv.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

👍😎

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

Quality viewing atm

I realise there are fanboys for Tiger and Rory and a few others on this site. But for me, one of the greatest pleasures of golf spectating on TV is seeing Louis O in full cry.

When he is leading, you don't just get to see The Swing for a full telecast, you get to see it in close up and slow motion and with Pro Tracer and anything else they can find.

I don't care if he wins by 10 shots and destroys any sense of anticipation for the result. I can watch him swing all day, and I probably will.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Re: Nedbank

Greens looked to be cored not long ago, seem to be rolling ok but have noticed a lot of short putts missing.

It’s a great site for golf, good to see some red sand in the bunkers and well maintained kike. Almost like a country track in SA.

Love watching the tournament, highlight for me is hearing all the wildlife in the background.

Pity about the wonky design though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Could the pins be tucked any more than they are?
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by petethepilot View Post
    Could the pins be tucked any more than they are?
    I find it more and more, part of trying to provide a defence in the face of distance.

Presidents Cup will see much of the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    I find it more and more, part of trying to provide a defence in the face of distance. Presidents Cup will see much of the same.
    No need to at RM, the greens are a big enough defence. Very rarely does someone rip it around there.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve57 View Post
    No need to at RM, the greens are a big enough defence. Very rarely does someone rip it around there.
    Ernie Els did, quite some time ago.

But why would they tuck the pins at Royal Melbourne? They are playing matchplay, when the score off the stick doesn't matter, only who played the hole in fewest strokes.

To answer the original question about tucked pins, yes it is possible, and they will do it tonight. Almost every green is kidney shaped or even a clover leaf, so there are usually four distinct corners, and they pick a different corner each day. But you'll also notice how soft the greens are, to encourage players to shoot for them. It seems the organisers think spectators like to see shots go close to the flag, rather than grind out 2 putt pars from 40 feet. How could they be so wrong?

Go Louis O, even with kidney stones!

Senior Member Major Winner

Gary Player is old and needs to go away.

I'll put this thought here because the Race To Dubai is currently on my TV.

This is the second of the three 'races', and the other starts tomorrow on the LPGA. This year, each of them has a different format to declare the winner of the Race.

I quite liked the eventual final of the Fedex Cup. The leader of the Race got a benefit, but a few others had a chance to be the winner. And of course the guy with the best total score was the winner, so you knew what was going on. But it was a bit radical, and it might need a few more years to see if it works. In theory, the last guy in the field could have won.

Only a few players can win the Race to Dubai. In theory Scott Hend isn't one of them even if he shot the lights out and won the four round event by 10 shots. But usually that hasn't been an issue. The Race winner has usually been one of the best players.

The LPGA seem to changed everything, so all 60 players in the field can win the Race To The CME Globe, because the winner of this four round event is the winner of the Race. As far as I can tell, Jin Young Ko gets no advantage at all from being number 1 qualifier. I'm not even sure she got a prize for being number 1. Having a 'race' doesn't seem to make sense. All you had to do was be in the top 60 at seasons end.

When I look at the whole thing this way, I think the PGA might have found the right formula.

Anyway, back to Dubai. Rory is currently looking good. If he does the job and Tommy Fleetwood fades away, Rory could win both races in the same year, which is quite an achievement. I think Henrik Stenson did that a few years ago, and didn't really get enough credit for doing so.

Member Touring Pro (Von Nida Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    I'll put this thought here because the Race To Dubai is currently on my TV.

This is the second of the three 'races', and the other starts tomorrow on the LPGA. This year, each of them has a different format to declare the winner of the Race.

I quite liked the eventual final of the Fedex Cup. The leader of the Race got a benefit, but a few others had a chance to be the winner. And of course the guy with the best total score was the winner, so you knew what was going on. But it was a bit radical, and it might need a few more years to see if it works. In theory, the last guy in the field could have won.

Only a few players can win the Race to Dubai. In theory Scott Hend isn't one of them even if he shot the lights out and won the four round event by 10 shots. But usually that hasn't been an issue. The Race winner has usually been one of the best players.

The LPGA seem to changed everything, so all 60 players in the field can win the Race To The CME Globe, because the winner of this four round event is the winner of the Race. As far as I can tell, Jin Young Ko gets no advantage at all from being number 1 qualifier. I'm not even sure she got a prize for being number 1. Having a 'race' doesn't seem to make sense. All you had to do was be in the top 60 at seasons end.

When I look at the whole thing this way, I think the PGA might have found the right formula.

Anyway, back to Dubai. Rory is currently looking good. If he does the job and Tommy Fleetwood fades away, Rory could win both races in the same year, which is quite an achievement. I think Henrik Stenson did that a few years ago, and didn't really get enough credit for doing so.
    Rory not in the running for the race to Dubai winner as he is too far back in the points even if he wins the tourney, Only 5 players can win including Rahm/Willett/Lowry and 2 others

Blog Entries

Wiesberger, Lowry, Fleetwood, Rahm, & Fitzpatrick are the only ones that can win.
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Blog Entries

The PGA Tour has the Wyndham Rewards Event (https://www.pgatour.com/wyndham-rewa...ar-season.html) for the best performed on the regular season of the US Tour. The Fedex cup is really just Another’ cash grab for already highly paid players. It is a poor attempt to keep USA TV viewers tuned in as Football season approaches!

A proper US style playoff gives all competitors a chance...even wild cards can technically win the Super bowl. This years format means the cash just stays in the top 10 to 15 players! Have a top 50 all starting level imho.
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Rahmbo seemingly playing ‘big-hole’ golf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wow. If you must have an artificially constructed Race to Dubai, that's how you want it to end. Great tournament, and it is an event that delivers every year.

The course won't win any architecture praise, but it always brings the cream to the top, and usually with an exciting finish.

When he is on top of his game (and his emotions) Rahm is a genuine top 5 player. Surely a major is in his near future.

Thread Information