Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2019 PGA Tour

Hybrid View

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post

The other cool thing is there are guys mic’d up, some cool conversations.

Poor precious PGA Tour pros can’t even take 30seconds to do on air interviews as they walk off the tee.
    Yes and no.

I always like to hear the caddie conversations, and the chat between the players.

But they have been doing on-course interviews on the Euro Tour and the Aussie Tour, and they are always as dull as dishwater. They always say the same thing.

Good win by Kuch today. It must have been the form boost he picked up from playing in Australia.

Lots of people are complaining about how far the ball goes, and how the new young bombers are dominating the game. Kuchar is providing solid evidence that there is nothing to worry about.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Yes and no.

I always like to hear the caddie conversations, and the chat between the players.

But they have been doing on-course interviews on the Euro Tour and the Aussie Tour, and they are always as dull as dishwater. They always say the same thing.

Good win by Kuch today. It must have been the form boost he picked up from playing in Australia.

Lots of people are complaining about how far the ball goes, and how the new young bombers are dominating the game. Kuchar is providing solid evidence that there is nothing to worry about.
    The best thing about the mics on guys like Mac McNealy was the conversation in between shots. There was an exchange where he was talking about the views another about “if I owned that house I’d shift it left 10m”, stuff that you never normally hear. Hearing his commentary after shots while the ball is in the air was funny and engaging.

Self deprecating humour.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by BUSHY View Post
    The best thing about the mics on guys like Mac McNealy was the conversation in between shots. There was an exchange where he was talking about the views another about “if I owned that house I’d shift it left 10m”, stuff that you never normally hear. Hearing his commentary after shots while the ball is in the air was funny and engaging.

Self deprecating humour.
    Bushy, McNealys family could probably afford to shift the house, his old man has a bit of coin.

https://www.golf.com/golf-gold/2018/...ale-96-million

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Bushy, McNealys family could probably afford to shift the house, his old man has a bit of coin.

He didn’t know until he was almost a teenager and his old man told him they were very rich.

Also told him if he didn’t act like he had nothing, he’d get nothing

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post

Yeah I was aware of that. I’ve followed him since he was in college. He’s done a podcast with NLU where he explained the money thing and it’s obvious advantages trying to make it as a tour pro.

He obviously has something to fall back on but he seems a pretty grounded kid.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/...=1000423651754

Thread Information