Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 PGA Tour

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I’ve cut off the top line picks in the screenshot. It was unavoidable to be able to get all the way down to your boy Bryson.
    I am ok with that. I prefer these screenshots...

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

These are pretty good too. See if you can pick which one is 25YOJS and which one is DeShampoo.

Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

These are pretty good too. See if you can pick which one is 25YOJS and which one is DeShampoo.

Impressive. If anything from more than a year ago meant something.

Love your work Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by backintheswing View Post
    Love your work Ron.
    Here's another one just for you.

All I remember is this

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    Here's another one just for you.
    Still, finishing 2nd and winning $880K must have been some consolation. That and getting to look at the the green jacket he already had in the closet. Not as cool as Bryson’s protractor collection, but not bad.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

If we were having a historic contest, then I'd be in trouble. But we are talking current form, and all 25yocjs can do is choke his way out of good starts, or go home Friday night.

I'm comfortable. All DeShampoo has to do is make the weekend...

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

I’m torn in this discussion

If we were having a historic contest, then I'd be in trouble. But we are talking current form, and all 25yocjs can do is choke his way out of good starts, or go home Friday night.I'm comfortable. All DeShampoo has to do is make the weekend...
    I actually really like Bryson. He’s in my NLU fantasy team and Speef isn’t. But Masters form is like Ryder Cup form or State of Origin form. It counts. And certainly counts more than regular season form. 25YOJS will level up this weekend.

Admittedly I hope this doesn’t hold true for Fatrick. I hope that prick has a miserable week and Justine rips him a new one when he’s a MC and has to hang around in a town that hates him all weekend just to present the green jacket on Sun.

I actually really like Bryson. He’s in my NLU fantasy team and Speef isn’t. But Masters form is like Ryder Cup form or State of Origin form. It counts. And certainly counts more than regular season form. 25YOJS will level up this weekend.
    Generally I would agree, and I always have a little on Jordan for Majors. But not this year - the dude is cooked. He clearly has talent still there, as witnessed by Thursday and Friday this week. But he can't get out of his own way, and he is a mediocre putter at best these days. I think the expectation (as the bookies market shows) will unwind him.

Victorious Captain Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Agree, I’m not going near him, happy to be proved wrong though...

TBH I reckon the safest Masters bet is Charlie Hoffman leading on Thursday and being off the top page of the leaderboard by Sat. Finished 2nd this weekend too. Playing himself into a nice bit of Thursday form.

TBH I reckon the safest Masters bet is Charlie Hoffman leading on Thursday and being off the top page of the leaderboard by Sat. Finished 2nd this weekend too. Playing himself into a nice bit of Thursday form.
    Now that's a bet I wouldn't take!!

Now that's a bet I wouldn't take!!
    Just checked and he’s paying $41 for first round leader. Almost as safe a Winx.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Charley is the king of the first round leader.

Spieth will be fine if he plays wedges with more bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Canuck View Post
    Charley is the king of the first round leader.
    Was just going to say that.

Member Club Champion

What odds can I get on Jon Rahm to put himself into contention come Sunday then throw it all away with a brain fart on one hole?

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Admittedly I hope this doesn’t hold true for Fatrick. I hope that prick has a miserable week and Justine rips him a new one when he’s a MC and has to hang around in a town that hates him all weekend just to present the green jacket on Sun.
    Thanks Ron. Now that I know the Anyone But Patrick Club is still going healthily, I'm putting some money on him, just as I did last year.

That was actually my last winning bet in a golf major, so my credit balance is very low. This means some very conservative bets just to get a collect of some type.

So, some small bets on top 20 for Paul Casey, Brooks Koepka and Matt Kuchar for me, plus one dollar on Patrick. I should put something on Jordan for the same reason, but funds are too low and the odds are too short.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jimandr View Post
    Thanks Ron. Now that I know the Anyone But Patrick Club is still going healthily, I'm putting some money on him, just as I did last year.That was actually my last winning bet in a golf major, so my credit balance is very low. This means some very conservative bets just to get a collect of some type.So, some small bets on top 20 for Paul Casey, Brooks Koepka and Matt Kuchar for me, plus one dollar on Patrick. I should put something on Jordan for the same reason, but funds are too low and the odds are too short.
    Happy to help Jim. I never bet on golf but just to put my money where my mouth is after all the chat in this thread I’ve put a (very) little on 25YOJS for the win and Charley Hoffman for first round leader.

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

Happy to help Jim. I never bet on golf but just to put my money where my mouth is after all the chat in this thread I’ve put a (very) little on 25YOJS for the win and Charley Hoffman for first round leader.
    You'll have to deathride Justin Rose (who will stay in contention, but not win) and Lee Westwood for the first round lead. The best bet of all is for Fred Couples to make the cut, and then get a lot of early 3rd round TV time.

I just watched the highlights of 2011 with Schwartzel again. Of all the super-exciting final rounds that one is probably my favourite. Or maybe Scotty in 13, which is getting another run at 4.30pm tomorrow (I looked it up).
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)
    Blog Entries

Ummm, Westy isn’t playing!
    Gamers
    Ping G430 Max10K 9* Driver with Accra TZ6 stiff flex shaft
    TM Stealth 2+ 3 wood with Crazy Boron 75g Stiff shaft
    Tour Edge C721 19* Hybrid with KBS Tour 80 stiff shaft
    Srixon ZX 5 (mk2) irons with Proj X LZ 5.5 shafts 4 to PW
    Callaway MD5 Raw wedges 50/10 56/14 60/12
    Lajosi Custum Flow Neck putter *Titty Pro V1X ball.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....013134163.html

Brandel Chamblee is such a dumb arse. Makes a living out of making stupid assessments. Just because there's a correlation doesn't make it a causation.

Brandel is paid to dish hot takes, he got this one wrong.

**A guy who supposedly couldn’t drive anymore hit 12 of 14 fairways and 15 of 18 greens in regulation. He carded six birdies and 12 pars. He averaged 1.6 putts a hole. With a little luck, or a little better putting, he could be 8-under or even better.

“That was probably the best ball‑striking round I've had in a major championship,” Koepka said. **

Thread Information