Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 1000 AUD, Received: 0 AUD (0%)
**** Please donate to the Toowoomba Hospital Foundation as part of the Leon Treadwell Memorial Charity Day ****

Note: If you would like to avoid Paypal from getting their cut, either make a paypal payment to andyp@ozgolf.net as a "Gift", or PM AndyP for OZgolf's bank account details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 PGA Tour

Senior Member Major Winner

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz18 View Post
    Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Sexist -
    characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.

How exaclty was he racist or sexist? Ignorant, yes. Uninformed, yes. Racist/Sexist?
    Really??

“That’s gonna be my prediction. I couldn’t name you, like, six players on the LPGA Tour,” Haney continued.
    “Yeah.”
    “Nah, maybe I could,” Haney said. “Well, I’d go with Lee. If I didn’t have to name a first name, I’d get a bunch of them right....."

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Really??

“That’s gonna be my prediction. I couldn’t name you, like, six players on the LPGA Tour,” Haney continued.
    “Yeah.”
    “Nah, maybe I could,” Haney said. “Well, I’d go with Lee. If I didn’t have to name a first name, I’d get a bunch of them right....."
    And is Lee not the most common name on the LPGA tour?

According to the LPGA tour website, there is 12 from Korea, plus Minjee and Alison.
    Last edited by benno_r; 2nd June 2019 at 10:05 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluu View Post
    Really??

“Yeah.”
    Again, referring to the definition of racism, how is saying he can't name players or picking a Korean player to win racism?
    Last edited by Jazz18; 2nd June 2019 at 11:34 AM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.Sexist - characterized by or showing prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.How exaclty was he racist or sexist? Ignorant, yes. Uninformed, yes. Racist/Sexist?
    I guess racism and sexism must be subjective then. Just like golf course architecture.
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I guess racism and sexism must be subjective then. Just like golf course architecture.
    So by your flippant remark I'll take it you don't think that racism and sexism are issues worth discussing seriously. No worries.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

So by your flippant remark I'll take it you don't think that racism and sexism are issues worth discussing seriously. No worries.
    Lol. I have no interest in changing your mind Jazz. You’re welcome to carry a torch for Haney should you wish. If you want a serious debate maybe try here, not a golf forum. https://sydney.edu.au/arts/schools/school-of-social-and-political-sciences/department-of-sociology-and-social-policy.html
    Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become a Masters champion..... It looks like a mirac.. It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee
    Blog Entries

Haney appears to have demonstrated a lack of interest in the LPGA and pointed out some statistical facts about the preponderance of Korean ladies playing and winning on the LPGA in a way that could be described as "tone deaf". Not sure the comments are really racist or sexist. It isn't like he said he hates Koreans and women can't play golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Haney appears to have demonstrated a lack of interest in the LPGA and pointed out some statistical facts about the preponderance of Korean ladies playing and winning on the LPGA in a way that could be described as "tone deaf". Not sure the comments are really racist or sexist. It isn't like he said he hates Koreans and women can't play golf.

It really isn't as fun around here when I have to totally agree with you.

Banned

+1

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Tiger on Hank Haney being suspended from his radio gig:

“He deserved it,” Woods said. “Just can’t look at life like that. And he obviously said what he meant and he got what he deserved.”
    https://www.golf.com/news/columns/2019/06/01/tiger-woods-blunt-assessment-hank-haney/

Quote Originally Posted by PerryGroves View Post
    Tiger on Hank Haney being suspended from his radio gig:

“He deserved it,” Woods said. “Just can’t look at life like that. And he obviously said what he meant and he got what he deserved.”
    https://www.golf.com/news/columns/2019/06/01/tiger-woods-blunt-assessment-hank-haney/
    You don’t have to be racist and sexist to be racist and sexist, you only have to be called racist and sexist and wait for all the non-thinkers to pile on.

He's nailed the hot take. Maybe he should move to Korea and give opinion there. Only 190 odd Lee's recognised by the KLPGA. He'd be in with a great shot.

Quote Originally Posted by benno_r View Post
    He's nailed the hot take. Maybe he should move to Korea and give opinion there. Only 190 odd Lee's recognised by the KLPGA. He'd be in with a great shot.
    The KLPGA is notoriously racist

Quote Originally Posted by 3puttpete View Post
    Korea is the only place I have ever been told I can't go into a bar because I am white.

Sent from a phone using the crappy tapatalk app

Banned

Might see if Hank has a tip for men's US Open. Seems he was on the money and I need some Ho cash.

Might see if Hank has a tip for men's US Open. Seems he was on the money and I need some Ho cash.
    I read somewhere he wanted to tip a Russian with a name ending in ov to win the Russian open but wasn’t allowed because it was racist.

He also said he doesn’t watch much Russian golf but we haven’t quite worked out on what grounds that’s discriminatory so the news hasn’t yet broken.

Blog Entries

I read somewhere he wanted to tip a Russian with a name ending in ov to win the Russian open but wasn’t allowed because it was racist.

He also said he doesn’t watch much Russian golf but we haven’t quite worked out on what grounds that’s discriminatory so the news hasn’t yet broken.
    If he didn't come to Sydney to watch the Mardi Gras, then is he also a homophobe?
    You don't get me. I'm part of the Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotty View Post
    If he didn't come to Sydney to watch the Mardi Gras, then is he also a homophobe?
    Only if he says he didn’t. That seems to be how it works but you’d need to ask the experts for confirmation.

The sooner everyone is given a Barcode number at birth and everyone is referred to as their number the better by the sounds of it.
    Hit Them Well or Hit Them Often

W.I.T.B

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

You guys are easily impressed. He only got one selection correct in the top 10.

What I want to know is did Hank tip Patrick Cantlay? Or did he tip KH Lee? Or Danny Lee?
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Known around the traps as the KKKLPGA

Moderator Touring Pro (European Tour)

I found out the final score before I had a chance to see a replay of the Canadian Open today, so my only interest in watching the replay was to check that Rory was playing the same course as everybody else. A final round 61 with bogies on 16 and 18 is about as good as you can ask for as tune-up for a major the next week.

Whether it means anything from a US Open preparation point of view is hard to determine, but very few players can stick with him when he is in that sort of form.

I was thinking Tiger, Brooks and DJ for Pebble, but I can't leave Rory out now.
    "There are 50 things to remember in the golf swing. Trouble is that I can only remember 49 of them" - Bob Hope.

Thread Information