Quote Originally Posted by JoeS View Post
I always used to try my hardest to play to or beat my handicap.Trouble was,when I fell behind then I always made small stupid mistakes trying to make the shots up.So then after a half decent round I would be unhappy because Of the result. But in reality I wasn't playing the course,I was playing against myself.Now I really don't care about trying to make up shots,just limit the mistakes.The plus side is I am now making fewer mistakes and making better scores.The handicap will look after itself,IF,I continue to limit the mistakes and take advantage of the good shots when they comeSent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk
You know what? That’s exactly what I’m figuring out during this “dash” for the handicap reduction. I was 2 behind my handicap after 5 holes and was tempted to try to drive the short par 4 6th to try to get back on my handicap. I made a conscious decision at that moment to forget about my score and play each shot as well as I could and keep the ball in play.Even if I don’t get down to single figures by the end of the week, I would have learned something valuable about playing good golf. 😊