Welcome to the ozgolf.net forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Not sure when he starts to get a serious handicap 😳

Senior Member Touring Pro (PGA)

Not to thread steal but for you blokes that aren’t off 9 or less, why can’t you? Is it age, talent or lack of, of genuinely no idea?
    Last edited by JADO75; 19th December 2018 at 06:59 PM.

Senior Member Touring Pro (European Tour)

Bit of age but I would think lack of games and putting lessons into practice (comp rounds) Told my coach singles is my mission.

Senior Member Major Winner

Quote Originally Posted by JADO75 View Post
    Not to thread steal but for you blokes that aren’t off 9 or less, why can’t you? Is it age, talent or lack of, of genuinely idea?
    For me it's lack of talent. I know the theory, I can't translate it into doing.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Down to 9.5 after today’s round.0.3 down, 1.7 to go. 😎
    How you stripe the ball and not play off singles in a mystery to me. Actually, I have seen your short gameMystery solved

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Quote Originally Posted by WBennett View Post
    How you stripe the ball and not play off singles in a mystery to me. Actually, I have seen your short gameMystery solved
    😂

Back to familiar turf today.

GA handicap 9.5
    Course: Port Kembla
    Daily handicap 12
    Score: 37

Now down to 9.3

My next comp round on Saturday will need to be pretty good as my lowest flagged round from Kooralbyn will be coming off.

Btw, if it can be considered some sort of accomplishment, I’m off single figure GA handicap.

However, IMO I need to be off single figures at my home course Port Kembla which has a ridiculously high slope rating of 137.

Site Owner Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

Not to thread steal but for you blokes that aren’t off 9 or less, why can’t you? Is it age, talent or lack of, of genuinely no idea?
    I'm not in that category since my cap is 6, but I'd say that it is probably a general hand/eye coordination thing; not everyone is blessed with it. I'm lucky to have enough to be decent at plenty of sports (golf, cricket, tennis), and I get a bit extra out of my brain, but it's not enough to excel at anything.

Victorious Confederate Captain Order of Merit winner

Btw, if it can be considered some sort of accomplishment, I’m off single figure GA handicap.

However, IMO I need to be off single figures at my home course Port Kembla which has a ridiculously high slope rating of 137.
    Go and play at Kiama. You will be off 9 there no worries!

Chopperlink

WITB
    Cobra Speedzone::Cobra Speedzone Tour 3 wood, Cobra F6 5 wood: Mizuno H4's, :Mizuno 50, Mizuno MP 56 and 60*:TM Works #7
    AndyC will always be my AndyB(unny)

Played social round at Magenta today in pretty benign conditions. Wiped 3 holes including the last for 36 points.

Enjoyed the course and watching M3J and MT bomb straight drives and RB hitting amazingly consistent draws.

Lack of sleep and the sun got to me towards the end. Glad to have tomorrow off from golf before my next comp round on Saturday. 😊

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

To be a scratch golfer off 12hcp is a far better goal.

Senior Member Golf Hall of Fame Inductee

gone from 5 to 11 in the last 3 years. I'd say all those apply

Felt a bit “golfed out” after the Magenta round. Cancelled the Saturday game to get some sleep in time and rest and played yesterday.

GA handicap 9.3
    Daily handicap 11
    Port Kembla
    Score 32 points

New GA handicap 10.2

My round from Kooralbyn dropped off causing the rise in handicap.

Feel surprisingly at peace with this backward step in my handicap.

Got two more rounds before the end of the year. My goal for those two are to play each shot to my potential and let the score happen.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrins View Post
    To be a scratch golfer off 12hcp is a far better goal.
    Might win a few comps , mind you 47 won beaconhills comp the other day and 48 won keysborough.

If you purposely manage your handicap, you’re a cheat. Just like using a shoe wedge or putting your ball couple of inches in front of where it was marked. You’re cheating yourself and even if you win a comp or a tournament, it has little value.

Having said that, some genuine high handicappers occasionally play well and shoot 45 points or over so I can understand that.

Senior Member Touring Pro (Nationwide Tour)

If you purposely manage your handicap, you’re a cheat. Just like using a shoe wedge or putting your ball couple of inches in front of where it was marked. You’re cheating yourself and even if you win a comp or a tournament, it has little value.Having said that, some genuine high handicappers occasionally play well and shoot 45 points or over so I can understand that.
    One was a 35 cap and the other was 24 I think .day out with plenty of run on the courses . Some low handicappers have been going under par at beaconhills and having 45 pts can’t see me doing just yet tho .

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    Might win a few comps , mind you 47 won beaconhills comp the other day and 48 won keysborough.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Senior Member Touring Pro (Japanese Tour)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy8 View Post
    One was a 35 cap and the other was 24 I think .day out with plenty of run on the courses . Some low handicappers have been going under par at beaconhills and having 45 pts can’t see me doing just yet tho .
    I think the hills greens are still a little soft and the ball isn't rolling to fast.The fairways are probably right at that perfect spot for grass length and moisture as well

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Senior Member Grand Slam Winner

If you purposely manage your handicap, you’re a cheat. Just like using a shoe wedge or putting your ball couple of inches in front of where it was marked. You’re cheating yourself and even if you win a comp or a tournament, it has little value.

Having said that, some genuine high handicappers occasionally play well and shoot 45 points or over so I can understand that.
    Look no further than the last 32 players that tee off on a Saturday. That is where the lions share of the comp winnings go. Good idea as well to have a monitor in the club house that shows them what you need to win. Exchange winning credit for over the counter alcohol sales, another brillant idea.
    Last edited by Ferrins; 25th December 2018 at 07:40 AM.

Had a great round today.

GA 10.2
    Daily hcp 12
    Port Kembla
    Score 45 points (3 over 75)

My best round since returning to golf 2 years ago.

I was 6 over after 5 holes after two double bogies in a row. Was really mad after 500m par 5 5th where I hit a good drive down the middle and had 220m in. Tried to hit a high soft draw with my hybrid over the trees and pulled it a fraction. Ended up thick in the trees and hacked at it 3 more times to get on then 2 putts for a 7.

6th hole is around 320m dog leg par 4 that plays around 290m in a straight line. It was playing down breeze so I took out my driver to go for the green but I managed to catch myself. Hit a hybrid instead, flicked a lob wedge and birdied the hole. Had 4 more birdies along with 2 bogies and 6 pars to finish 3 over.

Stoked with the round. Score was great but I’m especially happy with the way I bounced back and stayed in the moment.
    Last edited by Jono; 26th December 2018 at 11:34 AM.

Senior Member Multiple Major Winner
    Reaching for my Laser cos I'm a few paces off the green... :)

Had a great round today.

GA 10.2
    Daily hcp 12
    Port Kembla

I was 6 over after 5 holes after two double bogies in a row. Was really mad after 500m par 5 5th where I hit a good drive down the middle and had 220m in. Tried to hit a high soft draw with my hybrid over the trees and pulled it a fraction. Ended up thick in the trees and hacked at it 3 more times to get on then 2 putts for a 7.

6th hole is around 320m dog leg par 4 that plays around 290m in a straight line. It was playing down breeze so I took out my driver to go for the green but I managed to catch myself. Hit a hybrid instead, flicked a lob wedge and birdied the hole. Had 4 more birdies along with 2 bogies and 6 pars to finish 3 over.

Stoked with the round. Score was great but I’m especially happy with the way I bounced back and stayed in the moment.
    Nice work flusha!!

Had a great round today.

GA 10.2
    Daily hcp 12
    Port Kembla

That’s some serious scratch marker golf right there. Great round mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. 😊

Blog Entries

Had a great round today.

GA 10.2
    Daily hcp 12
    Port Kembla

Well played Jono!
    How many putts?
    Golflink

WITB
    Ping G400 SFT 12* Accra ST55 Tour Z M5
    Srixon Z355 17* FW Miyazaki Jinsoku S
    RBZ Black 3 HY 19* Rocketfuel 65S
    Srixon Zu65 3 20* Nippon NS Pro 980GH
    Srixon Z765 S300 4-PW
    Tourstage X Wedge 54/10, 58/12
    Taylormade Spider Tour Red CS 35"

Thread Information